[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that most prenups don't hold up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0054.jpg (99KB, 1125x1318px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0054.jpg
99KB, 1125x1318px
Is it true that most prenups don't hold up?
>>
>>18222415
If this is true, how else can I protect myself from getting rekt in case of a divorce?
>>
>>18222415
Not true. If well written, they hold up. If full of loopholes, they don't.
>>
>>18222415
Prenups that are half-assed don't hold up.

Invest in a good lawyer and save yourself money and annoyance later.
>>
This is a question for a lawyer, not for /adv/
>>
not true. some dont hold up, but that requires an extra good lawyer and osme extra bad prenups and extenuating circumstances. its happened a few times but its far from being the norm.

that being said, a lot of people misunderstand what a prenup is. a prenup is designed to protect pre-existing assets, as in if you own a car or a house the girl will not be able to take any of those in the divorce. however, the hwole point of marriage is that everything you own, your partner owns, so even with a prenup any new stuff you buy or new money you earn is now also hers. pre nups cannot predict or protect assets that will come otu in the future. they cannot say 'IF WE BUY A HOUSE IN THE FUTURE IT WILL BE MINE IF WE DIVORCE' for instance.

so a prenup is not going to protect oyu in divorce court, it will only protect stuff you already have, and i doubt you have a whole lot worth protecting at this point in your life. my brother kept insisting on getting a prenup when he owned literally nothing but a car, being a man of the military he travelled too much and was paid too little to own anything of value.
>>
>>18222463

I've heard they get thrown out if the jduge feels like it.
>>
>>18222415
This is a surprisingly complicated question. Keep in mind I'm not giving you actual legal advice, laws change from country to country, state to state, and as such it's always best to talk to a lawyer from your own area. Also, contract law is weird, and I didn't study it outside of the basics, so I may be missing some stuff.

Most prenups hold up, because lawyers are not dumb and they write them to hold up. They understand the extent to which a prenup will protect your assets.

That being said, a prenup will not protect you completely. That means you can minimize the amount of assets your spouse would get in a divorce (the most common reason you get a prenup is to protect the assets you bring into the marriage), but it will not eliminate loss completely. If you get your spouse to sign a piece of paper that says in case of divorce they get nothing, and try and bring that to court, it's not going to get upheld.

>>18222419
Your best bet to avoid getting wrecked in a divorce is to not put yourself into a position to get divorced. If you aren't 100% sure that you're going to be with someone for the rest of your life, don't get married.
>>
>>18222494
Under what circumstances would a prenup not hold up?
>>
>>18222721

the only case i know specifically where it didn't hold up was in europe if im not mistaken. that being said, i dont know, tal kto a lawyer. but all the rest i said still applies. it wont hold up if you unjustly get everything after the marriage
>>
File: 1478139442025.jpg (12KB, 329x329px) Image search: [Google]
1478139442025.jpg
12KB, 329x329px
>>18222415

100% of prenups don't hold up in court because women are all terrible manipulators and convince the judge that you used your cis-male powers to threaten her into signing it. If woman can convince judge that you rape her then she takes your house, your kids, your car, all of your hentai, your fleshlight collection and 1/2 of your limited edition Ghost In The Shell Motoko Kusanagi Stealth Uniform figurines complete with assault loadout.
>>
>>18223944
Dubs of truth 100% of prenups don't hold up it's all a scam by lawyers to make even more money on the marriage/divorce business. Catch you going into the marriage, catch you again in the divorce.
>>
Also tell the girl if you get married till death do us part. And when you fight that youll burn everything to the ground.

Also my mates dad was rich as. and hed get a new girl friend every 3 years. cause the law said she can claim half his shit just 4 being in a relationship for a certain amount of time.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.