[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Terminating a friendship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Carrotcat.jpg (47KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
Carrotcat.jpg
47KB, 500x667px
Hi /adv/.

I was pretty close with someone for the last year. However over time, as I got to know her better, I slowly realized she wasn't a great person. These annoyances have build up to the point where I wish no longer to remain friends with her, after she was a giant bigot last week.

Since we were quite close I dont want to be a dick and just ghost her. How do I bring her the news? Should I just talk to her in private, mention why I don't want to be in contact anymore? Has anyone been in a smiliar situation before?

>our friend groups have 0 overlap
>>
>>18221875
>girl
>friend
>>
>>18221875
How long have you known her?

I mean, if you have 0 friends in common, despite her being close, that's pretty unusual.
>>
>>18221926
For a bit more than 2 years now. We met in the manga section of a bookstore by recommending stuff to each other to read.

I have a pretty normie core life, whereas she rarely leaves her house.
>>
>>18221926
Oh nvm, saw that you've only known her for a year - which isn't really that long. I've ghosted two year long friends before. The only friends I'd ever bother to give a break up talk to (fingers crossed) are those five years and counting.

Of course, I'm not you, and I don't know the depth of your closeness. But if you don't know her long enough and deep enough and you want to give her a break up talk it's not gonna end well.
>>
Ghost her because that way you might run into her in a few years and hopefully she'll have matured a bit and be embarassed about the whole thing. If she asks why you stopped talking to her, she already knows.
>>
>>18221932
That's already a red flag. Normies and neets aren't meant to mix. From your description it sounds like she's the clingy self centered type. People like these are fine to hang out with surface level but horrible to have as close friends.

Depends on you how far you wanna go with her. But it's going be a bumpy ride.
>>
>>18221934

How did you ghost them? I am pretty resolute in my decisions, and will remove her on facebook and remove her from my phone -basically cutting all possible lines of contact-

As for closeness: I'd say we were best friends tier close, where we'd share about all possible ups and downs, talk about depression, feels and whatnot.
>>
>>18221949
Alright, if you are 'best friends' tier like you claim, then i think its best to salvage the relationship.

Next time you meet, have a talk with her. Dont text her something like 'let discuss your flaws today" because that's cringey as fuck. Let it come naturally. Hang out as normal and when she does something that offends you, call her out on her shit right then and there. If she brushes you off just persist. If she doesn't wanna talk just ghost her.
>>
>>18221976
Thanks for the solid advice, I will go by this
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.