[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't make friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4984.png (155KB, 300x468px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4984.png
155KB, 300x468px
Second year/rising third year uni student here. I've tried all the "standard" advice, like joining clubs and talking to people in my classes, but I can't seem to click with anyone. I try to keep up a cheerful, open personality, but it doesn't work. How do I do it?
>>
You are the weird one. Enjoy.
>>
Well if you still don't "click" with people despite interacting with them often and being open and friendly there are 2 possible options:

There's something off-putting about you. I don't know what, maybe your looks, maybe you smell, maybe something you tend to say, maybe something related to your personality. If you haven't already you should read "How to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnagie, it may help you figure out if you're doing something wrong.

Or you're just really fucking boring in your conversations, looks and attitude. You always try to be safe, never say or do anything interesting, funny or edgy and you're easily forgettable. If your conversations tend to be repetitive, tend to gravitate really mundane subjects like the weather, school/work and celebrities this might be your issue. You could also read "The art of seduction" by Robert Greene, it offers some pretty interesting insight in what fascinates, intrigues and charms people (among other things).
>>
>>18220856
Out of those two options, it's more likely the latter.
Any general tips on how to become interesting or funny? I'm not naturally funny at all.
>>
literally just invite acquaintances to do stuff with you.

>hey guy in my class, what are you doing this weekend?
>oh thats cool. I was gonna go fishing, do you fish?
>we should go sometime here's my number man
>>
>>18220824
keep trying my nigga. it's random. sometimes you click with someone the second you met them and sometimes it won't go that well. usually a good party is a good place to make friends(if you're normie enough).

I found that being spontaneous helped me a lot finding new friends. whenever someone told me about an event I just went with them without thinking.
>>
same here.

you know anon, i'm literally not talking to classmates and they just want to provoke me, but i don't give a shit really, because their convos are boring and dumb as hell.

i mean that because u don't have friends, u somehow over-concern having 'em.

just be urself, and really appreciate and embrace the quality time u spend thinking peacefully and thoroughly.

but if u really desperate just pick a really good friend, i mean prefer quality over quantity as ur general way of thinking.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.