[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holding out for ideal job vs. settling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1465103962375.jpg (1MB, 999x1038px) Image search: [Google]
1465103962375.jpg
1MB, 999x1038px
I'm a solid couple of years into my career and have a pretty good reputation. Right now, after leaving my big recognizable company and ritzy job for a startup that was a miserable failure & I quit after two months, I'm unemployed.

I keep running into a situation where I'm with shit companies, or companies in shitty situations - it's been that way basically my entire career. I've never been somewhere completely stable.

So, I have savings right now. Should I just live the life off of my savings for a couple of months and wait for the right opportunity to come up with the right company, or should I be blanketing the market with applications and just accepting the first decent paying offer that comes my way?
>>
>>18219978
U ever consider founding your own startup?
>>
>>18220013

I don't have the capital, the experience, or the drive. I don't want to be 100% responsible for bringing in my own income and dealing with crises when they pop up.
>>
>>18220038
Honestly man, those sound like excuses. I'd say give it a try. You're just going to keep working 40 hours a week for companies you have no desire to work for for the rest of your career until you eventually retire and live off your 401k and SS? Now is the time to fucking do it. Start. Reading. I cant stress this enough. Pick up some books on entrepreneurship, organizational behavior and managerial skills. Start exercising and network as much as possible. Start writing down ideas and do a lot research. Formulate a daily routine and stick to it. Focus more on how you spend your time and a little less on how you spend your money (Though of course it is still important). You created this thread because you are unsure of what the future holds for you and right now you have the decision of either trying something new or continue with the same old bullshit. Don't get me wrong, it's going to be tough, but stay focused on one thing at a time, figure out the details, seek guidance and most importantly don't give up. You can do it just like anyone else can, it's just a matter of how disciplined and focused you are. Cheers and good luck.
>>
>>18220152
This post was fucking awesome.

10/10
>>
>>18220152

I work in a vertical SATURATED by startups, and they all fail miserably (digital marketing). The only way for it to work is basically to go door-to-door trying to sell the service to small businesses, and it's just frankly not worth it when I can make $100k working for a large company RIGHT NOW as opposed to trying to sell some mom & pop shop a social media presence.

There's bigger firms offering better pricing because they have more people to throw at this. My area of expertise really only benefits large companies with multimillion dollar budgets, and they're not going to go with me over a full marketing agency.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.