[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Went to a therapist and he made me read fucking Ekhart Tolle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Went to a therapist and he made me read fucking Ekhart Tolle and said the guy is the cutting edge. Some of the stuff he said made me only more confused. I feel like i'm getting scammed especially since he seems concerned with money and rejected the idea that hormones or some shit might be fucking me up and was not so fond of medication.
>>
therapists these days give way too much medication
it's like oh you have problems? take pills, the problems are still there but at least you can pretend its all fine
>>
>>18219911

Ekhart Tolle is great.

Your therapist is trying to take you down a path of seeing the word differently than you vare used to.

It will be confusing, and you will resist it, until you understand.

He has a youtube channel, and maybe watching him answer some questions from people might give context.

This is genuinely a good journey you are going on.
>>
File: 14796642724780.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
14796642724780.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>what is CBT, what is medication, what is clinical psychology
>what are the thorough researches that have been done in the last twenty years
>goes to therapist and what he provides is fucking new age bullshit

top jej
>>
>>18219948
Eckharte tolle is new age bullshit, but he's really onto something. The problem really is that's impossible for most people to live constantly in the now. I think it's partly a talent, like how not everyone who plays a sport can go pro. It's better to live more presently, but he kinda presents the idea as if you have to live your whole life in the current moment.
>>
>>18219948
>psychology
a meme carrer
psychiatry is the only way
>>
If you don't like your therapist find a new one. It's important to find one that's a good fit for you.
>>
>>18219948

CBT is the examination of thoughts and feelings and their impact on our lives

Ekhart Tolle helps people examine their own thoughts and feelings.

I'm no expert on the man, but I've studied related stuff, and found it interesting and useful.
>>
>>18219911

"rejected the idea that hormones or some shit might be fucking me up"

Yeah, your issues are definitely medical, and in no way are you or your choices possibly a factor in what made you see a therapist.

The fact you are at a therapist shows that you know something isn't working for you.

So try something new, but ry it, before finding an excuse to bail and not dealing with what sent you there in the first place.

Just because your accustomed to your pain doesn't make it actually comfortable. Challenge yourself.
>>
>>18219948
He actually started CBT, but yeah, new age is kind of putting me off. Next thing you know he's gonna make me meditate. I fucking tried that, I read about that. Made me more depressed and anxious.
>>
>>18219945
>>18219970
>>18219982
Thank you for your perspective. I'm gonna see him at least two more times since I've paid in advance. Maybe I'm just being too negative.
>>
>>18220000
shut up you fucking russian
>>
>>18220005
LOL chill dude
>>
>>18220008
i jk i just saw this thread on /int/
>>
>>18220010
Yeah, no one replied there :(
>>
>>18220005
What a waste of quads.
>>
>>18219911
I went to a lot of therapists. One was too expensive and the other said she thought I might end up homeless.
I didn't want to take medicine at first, but after I got really suicidal I started on some weak stuff from my pcp, Lexapro and later prozac.
It wasn't until I overdosed that I got the stronger stuff that actually helped me sleep. Losing sleep leads to paranoia, more anxiety, and more health problems.

Now, I see a therapist and a psychiatrist. Doing both is the most helpful. The therapist uses cognitive behavioral therapy, which is the most backed by research as effective. In my state, insurance covers it because it's proven to be effective.

Idk how much your therapist costs, but the price was the main problem for me. If you're thinking of stopping because of money, try to apply for medicaid. If you're in the states that is.

There's no reason to continue with a therapist that you think isn't helping you. I figured that even though my part therapists didn't help much at the start, I should stick around because maybe they would give me better strategies. Wrong. I wasted months going to a therapist who spaced out while I talked and would then go on and on when it was her turn to talk.

OP please just find another therapist.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.