[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Constructive criticism and advice needed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1827.jpg (42KB, 385x289px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1827.jpg
42KB, 385x289px
Test post. Ok. I work 40-48 hrs a week with workshifts that are 12 hours long. with a pay of 18USD$ per hour, OT WP8 8
MH is 26USD $, and DT WPH is 36$. I am paid bi- weekly.

My bills/income expenses per month are:
Car payment-300$
Car insurance-220$
Rent-600$
Credit card-40$

Could someone do the math and use this info given to throw some advice my way on how to properly manage my finances pls. Serious replies only. Lastly, is this a livable income/expense ratio ?
>>
>>18219865
You live with your parents, don't you.
>>
>>18219890
No. I share a place with roomates in commiefornia.
>>
>>18219865

dude what the fuck are all those random letters suppose to be? are those your taxes? cuz im having trouble breaking them the fuck down.

just do me a favor and tell me how much money you bring home every two fucking weeks after taxes.
>>
>>18219865

>could someone do the math

anon, why do you need us to do the math for you? this is an advice board not a 'do all the work for me' board.
>>
File: 1480685361572.gif (349KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1480685361572.gif
349KB, 300x169px
>>18219865

>is 18 dollars an hour at full time a liveable wage
>>
>>18219865
Do you have health/dental insurance? If so how much is that each month? You didn't list it.

I'm not sure what the tax rate is in California but $18/hour with the expenses you listed (taking into account that you split rent, which is a big factor here) is enough to live off.

How much do you have in the bank/savings right now?

Lastly, and the advice, you need to write down your expenses and income each month. List every single expense. There's an app called Spending Tracker that's free. Use it but also get a notebook and write everything down at the end of each month. Now you can see what you're spending money on if you already didn't know. Extrapolate a month's worth of expenses and income over a year and set an amount you think you should have. Granted surprises come up you should try an get close to by the end of year. I'm usually only off by around $1,000-2,000 by the end of the year. Christmas usually gets me. I tell myself I'm spending like $800 then I literally double it.... I've been doing this for about a decade now though. Constantly doing your finances and budget is the best way to properly manage your money. I do it at the end of every month. I also keep a calendar by my office desk that's strictly devoted to my finances. I've got about $35,000 in savings right now but also live very comfortably.
>>
>>18219865
>OT WP8 8
>MH is 26USD $, and DT WPH is 36$
m8 is this some scientology shit or what? speak fucking english
>>
>>18220125

glad im not the only one, i had no idea what this shit was i was thinking it was his tax deductions or something but when i type OT WP8 on google nothing comes up.
>>
>>18220144
OP is retarded, he can't even do a bit of basic math, so I wouldn't worry too much about deciphering it.
>>
OP here , my bad guys. Barely saw that error. It is meant to say OT WPH is 26USD. And take home after taxes is usually 900$-1100$ After benefits through my company, as well as a 5% goes to stock purchase plan.
>>
File: IMG_3181.jpg (34KB, 393x424px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3181.jpg
34KB, 393x424px
>>18220100
Im trying to start up a savings... currently have nothing saved.
>>
>>18220069
Whether its a livable wage depends on where you live.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.