[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Renting an Office

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: rip.jpg (113KB, 531x298px) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
113KB, 531x298px
Animatorfag here,

Wondering how much insurance is going to cost me if I rent an office space. One place in particular is only $100 a month (utils inc) + $100 down for security. The realtor told me I would need business insurance to rent. (Example: Someone visits my space and ends up falling or some shyt)

I don't have any employees, don't make any money, have a decent amount of views on the internets. I figure investing in a physical space outside of my home could be one of the best ways to evolve my hobby into a source of income.

Thank you!

- USA, CT

>pic unrelated
>>
>>18219573

the only way to find out is to actually call a place that deals insurance and ask them, becaue each city, state, and office size, type of office etc. is going to have completely different answers.

here in los angeles we neededi nsurance in order to GET the office, but after that it expired and we've been uninsured ever since. its an office so... it doesn't really matter.

that being said, getting an office will not somehow magically bring in more money, all it will do is give you an expense and force you to travel in order to work.
>>
File: Amazing-Caterpillars-Alien2.jpg (80KB, 605x442px) Image search: [Google]
Amazing-Caterpillars-Alien2.jpg
80KB, 605x442px
>>18219593
>>18219593

I hear ya, the office is less than 10 minutes away from my house, and in a decent area considering it's only $100 a month.

I guess I'm just contemplating being a little embarrassed if the insurance ends up being sky high and I tell the lady nope. Pretty beta behavior though. I did get one quote as low as $5 a month though.

I know it won't magically bring me more money. I'm thinking of it almost on the same terms as getting a gym membership to get /fit/. If I show up to my 300sq ft room with just a window, chair, and desk there will be almost zero distractions for me.

>(still live at home with parents, have full time day job, minimal expenses already)
>>
>>18219612

hard disagree, if you need to pay more than 100 bucks a month just not to be distracted than you're not really built for animating,.
>>
>>18219618
Pro you have your own space for art.
>>
>>18219573
Well whatever the insurance costs I can tell you it's cheaper then someone falling at your office and shit
>>
>>18219622

con, you were already able to do art in your own space, as evidened by you actually doing art before, and now you're just wasting money and time and opportunity by having to travel to do it.
>>
>>18219573
>I figure investing in a physical space outside of my home could be one of the best ways to evolve my hobby into a source of income.

honestly dude, this is wrong. you're just going to be haemorrhaging money. at least get a few paying gigs or start to collect some youtube money before doing this.
>>
so.. could I just rent one of these out, and make it a studio apartment?

shower and shit at the gym, then go to my comfy office to sleep, jerk off, and play games
>>
>>18219638

depends. a lot of places have rules against this, particularly if you add in a bed, but a lot of places simply wouldnt know
>>
>>18219618

Sometimes I feel like I'm not built for animating, other times I feel like I'm not built for life. I won't let self doubt stop me from doing something I've accomplished so much already doing for 10 years.

>>18219622

Checked, I'll also have a place to have sex.

>>18219628

lol. I think insurance would cover my expenses if my shit got stolen or if the building caught on fire too. Honestly just hoping its under $50 a month.

>>18219629

Man, its literally a 7 minute drive from where I live. I could ride a bike there ffs.

>>18219631

I've gotten over half a million views already and worked with successful people before. I hear what you're saying though. I feel like this would be like putting a flame on my ass, and running will be the only way to put it out.

>>18219638

As long as you don't get caught living there.

>>18219660

I know someone who uses an office space as a webcam studio. They rent 2/3 rooms out to models and have beds in them lol. Unless that cracker was lying to me.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.