[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When and how to get out there after a breakup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: vinland-saga-7438657.jpg (160KB, 800x1150px) Image search: [Google]
vinland-saga-7438657.jpg
160KB, 800x1150px
It's been 7 months after my last breakup from a 7 year long relationship. It hasn't been easy but I've been coping with a few hobbies and passtimes.

Now I'm wondering if I'm okay to get out there and date again. I pretty much haven't done this in almost a decade. I also don't like just dating around but rather make friends and see where it leads to. That's pretty much how I've gotten together with all of my boyfriends.

It just feels like people in general aren't really looking for anything serious but rather just have sex. I'm 24 years old and I work full time. Everyone in my office is twice my age. There's not really any clubs or places I can get into here. I wish I could meet people my age near me for a change. I guess I just don't know where to start. What to do.
>>
>>18218808
Don't you have some male friends?
>>
OP, in a similar boat here.

25, 5 months, its time.

Just tee up to hang out with people and go from there. I know it may seem hard at first.

Either that or tinder etc
>>
>>18218859
I did but we kinda drifted apart. They don't live in my country anymore.

>>18218984
I don't know to meet people. Like I have no idea how to seem friendly or interesting enough. I go to the gym but no one ever talks to me there.
>>
How to approach people without being creepy or autismo?
>>
Just out of pure curiosity, why did you break up?
>>
>>18219083
He treated me like shit while I hada close family member die on me. Also left the country at the same time. Relationship had been dying for a while, this was just the breaking point.
>>
>>18219101
I see. Sorry to hear. Much love.
>>
>>18219103
Thanks. It wasn't easy but at least I was able to keep myself busy, even when alone. Now I feel like I need some sort of contact with people my age that shares my interests. I never get to talk about what I like anymore. This place is kind of a shithole.
>>
>>18218808
You're probably not ready. Depending on how close you were, emotionally, it's going to affect you for some time. My rule of thumb is 1/3 of relationship length, depending on lots of factors, so you probably have at least 2 years of recovery ahead.

When my gf of 6 years dumped me it took over a year to accept the facts and begin moving on. I did zero healing in that first year. Yeah, I had a fling and some casual sex, but I don't think it helped much. I was an emotional wreck and felt the dating pool was shit and I'd never find anyone again.

I started lifting weights (Stronglifts 5x5) and that helped a lot. It gave me goals and there are lots of physiological/psychological benefits.
You got to pay your dues, anon. One day you'll realize you're well again.
>>
File: 1373635547619.jpg (61KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
1373635547619.jpg
61KB, 500x469px
>>1821975
I see you're a femanon; my mistake, assumed you were a guy. My advice stands, but you'll be fine sooner than you think.
>>
OP check out RSDtyler on youtube.

He seems like a douche but he knows what he's talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE9QSuSxIMY
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.