[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chronic pain, losing hope.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1467350653756.jpg (37KB, 571x448px) Image search: [Google]
1467350653756.jpg
37KB, 571x448px
>21 years old and got chronic pain from rheumatism ravaging my body
>impaired, limping and horrible posture because it hurts so much
>people call me a zombie and make fun of me
>lost all motivation to live
>try to tell a friend about how I feel useless and shameful
>"stop whining, there are people who have it worse and they are happy too."

I have days where I simply sit in my room and cry, the pain is impairing me and I don't know what to do, doctors only prescribe me painkillers that either don't help or make me even more useless.

The days where I cry are coming more frequent to the extend where I sob whenever I am alone.

I have no idea how to get out of this, I feel like such a pussy, there are people with no arms and legs that are happy, my pain seems like a joke compared to that yet I sit here and moan.

I am considering to get psychological help, but I am afraid the doc will simply calle me a crybaby, well I feel like one.
>>
>>18218233
Anon advice is not for real problems, get medical help anon, like tomorrow
>>
>>18218233
Have you tried pot? Marijuana can work wonders for chronic pain, particularly if you live in an actual medical state and you can find legitimate strains for pain management. If you can find a way to moderate your pain without the nuisance of prescription pills, being happy would be much easier.
>>
>>18218252
I am from germany, the healthcare gives me all kind of horrible meds that fuck me up or don't help but no pot.
>>
>>18218338
Try eastern medicine
>>
>>18218338
It might be worth trying pot too anyway. It's worth getting psychological help. If the doc calls you a crybaby you go to one that isn't an ass. I really don't think this is likely either.

Maybe try to find something to do on those days where you can't do anything. Like some new hobby or project that doesn't require fixed schedule.

Good luck with it, chronic pain is horrible.
>>
>>18218401
I am trying to get my hands on weed, I know some people who could get me some for sure, maybe it helps.

I am a bit nervous to see a doc, but I am also hoping that he might help me with that and my life gets a bit happier, that's something at least.

On the bad days I try to keep writing on my book I started a year ago, but it is going slow, my mind is always racing and I need often breaks to calm myself, these days are really hard, they are especially bad when I am unable to exercise because of the chronic pain from my rheumatism, before it got triggered by a bacterial infection working out was my life, it still is kinda, but I have to be very careful to not hurt myself and worsen things.

And yeah, chronic pain is a hellish thing.

>>18218344
What is that?
>>
>>18218649
I would suggest weed too. They want me on a ton of narcotics for pain management, I've avoided them since surgery in 03. I only smoke weed or eat hash to manage pain/muscle spasms/ migraines/ stomache pain- emotional outlets like writing are great, but maybe explore more outlets, I do a wide range of projects to keep my mind busy, I try to keep so busy that the pain is pushed to the back of my mind. (I had severe scoliosis- surgery for harrington rods in 03 that fused my spine from hips to base of neck) pic is of my X-ray before surgery
>>
>>18219014
As another outlet I also do write little scripts for beginner's guides for monster hunter, I know it's kinda autistic, but those games helped me a lot to keep my mind, I have been playing MH since the first one that was released. Sadly I never got the courage to record the audio, maybe when that western clone releases I finally get the courage to publish such stuff.

I called a friend, he can get me some pot this evening, I am eager to test it.

>I had severe scoliosis- surgery for harrington rods in 03 that fused my spine from hips to base of neck

Holy moly, I am sorry to hear that, anon. Compared to that my rheumatism as it is right now and my injury sound like a joke.

How is living with a fused spine? My rheumatism doctor told me that tge form I have can cause this in rare cases too, I immagine it's hell on earth...
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 532x914px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 532x914px
>>18219043
My xray pic was shit, I'll try this one- played with laying my pre op X-ray over my post op spine.
Games are an outlet/distraction, too- anything you can do to distract your mind. I love research, creating, working and wandering outside and in the woods.
Pain intensifies if we focus on it. I noticed hanging around people soliciting pity parties over their pain makes me notice mine more. I try to ignore it. It helps not talking about it. I'll learned to tell my partners when it's at it's worst, not to complain, but to mention once to get off my chest- also so they are aware and can help me keep track of symptom occurrances. I've learned interesting new ways to tackle obsticals- as I cannot bend my back and my arms are terribly weak since surgery. I do things differently, I'm proud of my accomplishments. I'm slower, I need a lot of breaks- but I love to see the fruits of my labor. It's not hell on earth. It's just a different way of living. I smoke a lot of weed, but I rarely need Tylenol or Ibuprofen, and I never take the narcotics that the docs have been pushing for years. Mind over matter, anon.
>>
>>18219131
Thanks for your advice, anon I really am happy that you are helping me here. I am trying to get my ibuprofen consumption down, I have been eating them like candy lately. I don't have a partner but a few very loyal friends, I tend to not mention my issues around them except sometimes when it's too bad and I need breaks from walking (legs are fucked up, inflammation and huge swelling in the knees and feet that need to be removed by a doc, they don't go away on their own, everytime this happens I get cortisone)
My goal is to get a good physique again, so maybe the weed helps me to get rid of the pain in my upper body(the pain there is not as bad and occured only recent)

Thanks again for your help, my friend.
>>
>>18219231
The weed won't get rid of your pain, it just helps you to ignore it and set it aside. I smoke to help me get through chores. It's also relaxing. And it most deffinately settles the muscle spasms. I get random swelling in my back, gotta use the ibprofen for inflammation, often they recommend cold, but that hurts me, heat helps noticeably for me. Learn what triggers your symptoms to work around it. Find your creative solutions.
Speaking of creativity- tap into yours when you don't have a person to speak with about it. Take your rage and pain out in your art. Whatever you have to do to keep your mind away from the pain.
Eating weed infused butter in baked goods has an even better effect for bone/muscle pain, hash/wax/ and shatter are all different to. Indicas are different from sativas, there are strains best suited for 1000s of health issues.
>>
>>18218233
Go back to your doctors.

Medicine is much more a trial-and-error process than we like to think. Faced with someone with a problem, all they can do is prescribe the remedy that experience shows has worked for the most people, knowing that it won't work for everyone.

If it doesn't work, then they go to the next-most-successful treatment, and then the third-most, and so on.

You have every right to say "This isn't working. Try something else" until they find what works for you.
>>
>>18219311
I will try it this evening, sadly I have no clue which exact type I will get, it sucks that I have to get it the street way. I once asked my rheumatologist if we could try it because I heard that it helps before and the regulation has been loosened here in germany recently, she literally said "If I prescribe it to you, everyone will stand in line to get here, it also causes psychosis and is only for people who are not responding well to opiats." I looked everything up, she told grand bullshit to me, I have no clue why she did, I told her the meds are fucking me up.
>>18219327
I need to find a new rheumatologist, my current one doesn't listen to me, as I told her the meds are fucking me up she was like "yeah, we better give you a higher dose of the exact same med, oh and you need to use a syringe for that"
Free healthcare in germany makes it hard to get appointments regularly, I need to wait 4 months for one at a orthopedist/rheumatologist.
Next month I got one again at a new doc, but his office is 4 hours of driving away.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.