[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't I focus?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1462312988587.jpg (24KB, 365x444px) Image search: [Google]
1462312988587.jpg
24KB, 365x444px
Hi /adv/, I don't come on this board often but I figured I would for some actual advice if possible.

I can't seem to stay focused on certain things such as reading. With books, I am barely able to retain any information, and often have to re-read everything at least twice very often. I tried audiobooks, and sometimes I am ok with just a single listen to get it, and other times it's the same thing. My mind just doesn't pick up, and I have to go back a few minutes to re-listen to a passage or part.

Mind, these are books related to topics that I am actually interested in learning, so it's not like I'm forcing myself to read something that is bad in my opinion. It even happens when I am doing certain training courses to learn new things related to my work, which I normally like and am interested in. I can learn hands on just fine, but reading or doing video training is hard for me to retain.

TV and movies I can stay focused on, which I try to watch less of overall. I have completely stopped watching TV, and movies only when something good is out in theaters.

I've often thought my attention issues were related to my diet, so for the last few days I have been cutting out added sugars completely which I've read could help with increasing your mental health.

Other than that, I am considering to go see a doctor once I am financially able to, and see what they say. I've tried adderall in the past as my sister used to take it, but it had literally no effect on me when I took it.

Sorry for the long stupidly posted topic, but if anyone else has personal experiences or tips to share I would greatly appreciate them. I really want to become more well read and successful in life and this hurdle makes it very difficult.
>>
>>18217955
I actually had a very similar problem. How much sleep are you getting every night?
>>
>>18218005
I often feel like I don't get enough, or get too much. I can't really recall a time where I've felt like I got "enough" sleep. I also work graveyards currently so that makes it harder, but even before I did it seemed like I never slept well. Again, thinking it's diet related as many people have brought up that a bad diet can cause many other issues.Guess I'll just have to wait and see how it goes in the next few weeks.
>>
>>18218011
what worked for me was getting a solid 6-8 hours of sleep. Just try and squeeze in as much as you can, though; a good sleep schedule will work wonders for your focus.

If you aren't getting 6-8 hours of sleep, at least try to get a decent sleep schedule going. That will be a life changer, I promise you that.

I know how rough the graveyard meme is; I feel you and wish you luck, Anon.
>>
>>18218027
What about 8 hours in a day total? Like spit between naps? I often wake up between, or even worse wake up to pee and can't go back to sleep which leaves me with like 4 hours of sleep.
>>
>>18218037
No, you'll need a solid schedule if you're looking to see results. Taking naps and stuff is fine, but it can really start fucking with your head if that's your main way to clock those hours. I mean seriously fucking with you, too. You'll be more confused than I don't know what.

As for that, I would suggest just taking a shit/piss before you go to sleep so it won't wake you up later. And try not to drink anything an hour before bed, too; you'll wake up thirsty, which is a downside, but for a good and solid sleep, I feel that it's worth it.
>>
>>18218054
I'll try. The worst downside is trying to sleep when there's people being noisy or it's too hot/cold.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.