[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I join up with the military?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: warishell.png (1MB, 854x1042px) Image search: [Google]
warishell.png
1MB, 854x1042px
Hey bros, heads up for the autism, I havent done too much research.

Recently turned 19 and will be graduating highschool next month.Last year, I took the asvab because parents said it was a good plan in case i decided to. I ended up getting a near perfect score and could join in any branch in any job I wanted.

I was accepted into 3 different Uni's and i plan to major in physics and minor in astronomy (I want to be an astrophysicist), but the money is tight and ill probably be only barely able to scrape by.

I know the military will pay for a good bit of it but then iIll have to serve 4 years after/while going to college. Its not that its a bad thing, its just not what I expected to do after highschool.

Ive been looking at the branches and The Airforce seems the most appealing due to their field of operation and research.

what do you think?
>>
I'm currently trying to get into the military as well. I did a lot of research because I didn't just want to jump into to anything like an idiot. From what I've learned the military is a good experience. Of course, you get out what you put into it like any job. I would normally say go to college first then enlist. Get college out of the way. In your case, just remember the military is a demanding job and you might not have a lot of time to go to classes or study. Your physics and astronomy require a lot of time. The best thing to do is go to a 2 year college while enlisted. Get your associates then when you get out of the service finish your bachelors. Try paying the first 2 years on your own because it's usually cheap at a community college (just avoid out-of-state tuition). Then with the money the military gives you pay the last 2 years.
>>
>>18217883
have you been diagnosed with any mental health issues like depression or anxiety? if so you have three options, give up, come clean and hope for a waiver, or lie and hope they never find out.
>>
>>18217883
Join the military. See the world. Meet lots of exotic peoples - who will try very hard to kill you.

Know this about enlisting. No matter what they promise you, no matter what they put in writing, no matter what contract you sign - once you are in, your ass is theirs and they can reassign or redeploy you any way they want.
>>
Look into the Navy smart guy
>>
>>18217883
go air force in some nerd job trust me
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.