[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fear of dogs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I am afraid of dogs (stray dogs to be more exact). When I was really small I had several incidents with dogs attacking me and I used to live in a neighbourhood full of stray dogs which chased me on a few ocassions. It made me panick today whenever I see a dog on the street, sometimes even if there is a crowd since I suddenly imagine dog will just click out of nowhere and bite me even though it's a peaceful one and I can't seem to get it out of my head. I live in an Eeastern European city full of stray dogs in many parts of it so it is an issue for me.
>>
CBT Exposure therapy.
>>
Judo is great on big dogs. When they lunge at you swipe them aside. If there are two or more you are fucked. Put your hands over your jugular on both sides and hope someone saves your ass.
>>
>>18217092
I work at a dog kennel.
Don't run from dogs or they WILL chase. Unless its a big fuckoff dog you can just grab that fucker and slam him.
I'm NOT saying to hurt dogs, I'm saying you are most likely heavier/stronger than a stray dog.
Protect your neck in the worst case scenario, and when it comes down to it, you can hold the dog in a headlock and it won't be able to harm you.
Most dogs aren't actually going to attack you and will mostly just bark for territorial reasons, they are usually pussys and won't fight unless you are cornering them or if they are trained to attack people.
You'll be fine OP no need to scared
>>
>>18217136
Thank you, your advice has been by far the most useful one. But it's just whenever it starts barking and running I panick, and also when it grinds it's teeth. I once was walking with my friend outside and we were climbing some stairs and some guy let his 2 dobermans off the chain they ran away from him attacked a woman with a baby which luckily managed to hide inside a building, my friend ran down the street and I had to jump in a bunch of nettles so my face was in so much pain afterwards. It is just one of the memories in the sea of them I have. Sometimes I didn't panick but it happened that the dog was like running very fast and was near me so I hid in some guy's car because it was a parking lot. It's like they are attracted to me, sometimes I'm in a crowd in a full street and some dog just decides to bark me up and attack me for no apparent reason, even when I don't see them. A couple of months ago I was walking and I didn't even see a dog across the street and he started furiously barking while running towards me and another person and the person started running forward and I runned backwards so the dog spotted her first and chased her, God I hope the person was alright.
>>
>>18217136
so how big would be a dog one should be actually scared of?
>>
>>18217631
Depends on how big you are, how strong you are, and how willing you are to fuck a dog up to save your ass without hesitation. Then it depends on if the dog is trained to attack people. Like you wouldn't fuck with a police dog, but a similar dog with no training you'd actually have a chance. And yeah you don't want to run because you just give the dog momentum and you'll be off balance so you'll go down easily. Same goes for a dog that's running at you, it'll have more force when it hits you.
>>
>>18217646
well, I'm a short guy, very slightly overweight. pretty weak. My willingness to kill it would depend on a situation, but in some cases I imagine it wouldn't be much of a problem for me.
Also it's likely I'd be wearing a bakpack at the time of the encounter.
The dog is likely to be (half)stray

So what do I do exactly in such a case?
>>
>>18217092

I got stung by a bee a couple of times when I was a kid, and now I get nervous if anything buzzing comes near me

Some fears are natural, 'burned child fear the fire' and all that
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.