[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just became a bouncer pls help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: panic.jpg (272KB, 872x550px) Image search: [Google]
panic.jpg
272KB, 872x550px
Hi. I'm 22 years old. I got a job as a bouncer at a high class night club through a family friend as a Summer job making $26/hour. I am 5'10, 160lbs and just started lifting 3 months ago. I am told I will be fine and I am not on shifts alone but I am still kinda nervous. Anyone here have any experience with this please?
>>
File: IMG_2843.png (100KB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2843.png
100KB, 2208x1242px
؜>>18216984

Lift moar

Don't be afraid

Be attentive

Stop anyone doing bad shit
>>
>>18216984
>bone bartenders
>after work parties
>light workload

It's a pretty ideal job. I'm sure you'll get punched in the jaw a few different nights, but it's not that bad. Worst case scenario you'll have a group of out of control niggers and you'll have to call the cops.
>>
>>18217004

Ok for $26/hour I will take it I really need the money 2bh
>>
Congrats op, now you have total motivation to go to the gym and get mad bitches, don't screw it up. I would totally be a bouncer if I had the body for it, actually sounds fun. We actually have the same h/w, I just can't imagine myself as being big enough to forcibly remove many people, how much can you lift?
>>
>>18217013

>How much can you lift

Half kneeling row, 200lbs, bench 140lbs, free weight curl 60lbs, lat pulldown like 130...weakfag I know. Give me 6 months I guess
>>
>>18216984
All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.
>>
>>18217036
I had a friend like you. He was a 'bouncer' but they mostly kept him up front checking IDs and letting people in or keeping them out. He was never inside and didn't have to 86 anyone, he only ever helped out if another of the staff asked for it.
>>
>>18217052

Good
>>
>>18216984
How did you get the job? Where I live it seems like you need some sort of license or something to be a bouncer, can't be assed to get that though, even if it would be a nice part time job whilst I study.
>>
>>18217094

Literally a family friend. He is the head bouncer at some fancy club and knows the owner and put in a word for me.
>>
Don't bring any weapons to work, if you use brass knuckles or something the person you injure can sue saying you came to work looking for a fight, it's the same with security.

If you're really worried keep a broomstick nearby and you can say it just happened to be there and you grabbed it to defend yourself.
>>
If youre insecure about physical confrontation, look into some kind of martial arts class like bjj, judo, boxing whatever. Lifting doesnt really do a goddamn thing if youve never fought and your opponent has.

>listing the number of pounds you can squat and bench

But can you throw a punch?
>>
>>18217148

Actually yes. I took some martial arts when I was much younger but the instructor who was ex Iraqi special forces showed me how to throw a proper punch.
>>
>>18217149
Taking afterschool karate didnt prepare you for shit. Like i said, find a nearby martial arts school to join, it will make you feel much more comfortable. You can afford it with that hourly wage.
>>
>>18217162

Ok
>>
>>18217169
Good luck homie.
>>
>>18217170

thank you
>>
>>18217162
>implying a year of martial art will help him in a real fight
>>
>>18217177
100% it will. Go into a judo/bjj/boxing academy and challenge some of the students, see for yourself.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.