[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

truth inflation, extreme flattery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: present the evidence.jpg (39KB, 540x475px) Image search: [Google]
present the evidence.jpg
39KB, 540x475px
afraid i'm asking some autism bandits for advice, but some of you are just some chill, wise men.

people have been doing this thing lately where they flatter me, and I don't like it.

here's what I think the reality is
>intelligent
>some semblance of attractiveness
>sizeable dick

bear with me

and people will stop and tell me
>you are the smartest person I have ever spoken with
>you are very attractive
>your dick is huge

and I'm wondering why they keep inflating the truth to say ridiculous things at my face. don't they know that saying this kind of flattery makes me uncomfortable and distrustful of them?

why is this happening? the main focus: how can someone sit there and say that I'm the smartest person they have ever talked to? that's obscene. aren't we all supposed to look out for flatterers, like they are dangerous or something? does this happen to you guys?
>>
>>18216556

Perhaps you're just extremely modest. While i agree it's impossible to know who the smartest person is someone is paying you huge compliments. Unless they've given you another reason to suspect them then you should relax and take it as it is. Congrats on the huge dick btw
>>
>>18216571
its not huge it's just an inch larger than average

you're telling me I shouldn't be suspicious of people who are flattering me?

I think it's creepy and dishonest. I would always say, "You're very intelligent," rather than, "Oh hur hur you're the smartest person I've ever met." One is a nice complement and the other is a cause for concern.

Maybe I'm just paranoid.
>>
>>18216556
Who is telling you this?

If it is a girl your age, she is trying to date you. Ask her on a date to fancy restaurant.

If it is somebody else, it all depends on context. By telling people nice things you are either trying to befriend them or make them happy.
>>
>>18216608
oh yeah that makes sense

having trouble believing they're so infatuated that there's a separation from reality...maybe I'm just a cold bastard though. my first girlfriend, I still think is the most beautiful woman in the world, despite everyone else telling me she isn't.

is that what you think is happening here? their realities are a little distorted because they want to fuck?
>>
>>18216623
hmm they are young (18-22) too
>>
>>18216623
>my first girl friend is trying to boos my ego by telling me how clever, big dicked and sexy i am
>is this a problem /adv/?

Congratulation on having autism op. This girl either REALLY LIKES YOU, is trying to manupulate you / make you feel happy by inflating your ego or just doesnt want you to leave her.

And guess what op, it is all GOOD thing. And no, average people dont think like this
>inflatuated taht there's separstion from reality
You are now OVERTHINKING things. They are trying to compliment you, that is all. If it bothers you, inform them that they have to try better than that. Make them say you are in top 1 percentile of intelligence instead of
>the smartest one

Cheer op, dont take life so coldly. Sometimes you have to allow people around you to express themselves like idiots and be ok with that.
>>
>>18216648
getting told I have autism a lot lately

you're right. other people are having emotions and shit. I should just be nice to them back, and try to sperg out less often.
>>
>>18216556
Flattery means that people want you to be charitable. If you want people to flatter your intelligence less, then feel free to offer constructive criticism. If you want people to flatter your penis less, then withhold your own orgasm from your sex partners.

I had the same problem in my early twenties.
>>
>>18216839
I think this could use some elaboration
>>
>>18216839
When you offer constructive criticism, people realize your intelligence without wanting to explain their comparative shortcomings.

When you are a man who provides more orgasms to your partner than you receive in turn; then people are disinclined to objectify your sexuality.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.