[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The meaning of an enounter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: image5.jpg (197KB, 749x739px) Image search: [Google]
image5.jpg
197KB, 749x739px
Let me paint a scenario:
I'm walking up a staircase and this girl I've never seen before is facing in my direction at the top, and she's speaking with a friend of mine facing away from me. When the stranger and I make eye contact, she points me out to my friend who does her usual cheerful greeting to me.

Now, what I'm trying to figure out is why her friend pointed me out. Could this mean that my friend is interested in me and has told people about me? I mean, if I were just another dude she knew, why would her friend have the ability to point me out? The only other reason I could see why she'd point me out is because I was holding one of those 3 liter water jugs (which I understand is kinda outlandish), but from the way she pointed me out, and the way my friend reacted I don't exactly feel like that's it. On the other hand, I'm not really that attractive and she's pretty cute so I don't get why she'd be attracted to me.

I'm probably somehow over-analyzing this, but I've never been in a scenario where I've pointed out a girl to a friend of mine just because I've seen her say hi to him.
>>
>>18216334
Doesn't matter. Stop thinking about it.
>>
God, how do you people live overanalyzing every moment of your life?
>>
>>18216434
>>18216439
But if this were as odd to several others as it were to me, I'd use this as an opportunity to ask her out. I mean to be fair, why would someone I don't know point me out in a way that was like "Oh there's anon"?
>>
>>18216553
Easier to say hey there's anon instead of hey there's that creepy ugly guy with the 3 gallon jug that you told me about.
>>
>>18216578
...but this girl wanted to take a class with me next semester. Every time she sees me she does a really big smile like she's excited or something and waves. I've simply attributed this to her personality because I've never seen her greet anyone else.

*3 liters is less than 1 gallon
>>
>>18216334
Holy fuck, she pointed you out because you were there, which is completely normal. Stop yourself.
>>
File: (breathing).png (56KB, 298x268px) Image search: [Google]
(breathing).png
56KB, 298x268px
>>18216590
>Every time she sees me she does a really big smile like she's excited or something and waves.
Is this girl the only other human being who you've ever interacted with during your entire life?
>>
File: DOOFUS IDENTIFIED.gif (129KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
DOOFUS IDENTIFIED.gif
129KB, 720x480px
>>18216590
Do you follow her around trying to see how she greets other people or what?
>>
File: yo congrats.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
yo congrats.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>
I think it was innocent. Just a "hey look, it's your friend" thing.

I can assure you that if she's crushing on you, her friend would know better than to attract special attention to her. Or perhaps as teasing, but not in earnest, then she would be trying to play it cool and casual.
>>
>>18216770
OK, I don't know who you people are, but when I see someone (male) I just do a nod thing or (to girls) I just wave with a little smile. The girls *do* smile and wave back, but not a huge ass smile. A normal one.

>>18216779
No, I just said the complete opposite of that. I've never seen her greet another person, so I'm assuming she'd do the same thing to them (because I would rather assume worst case than best case)

>>18216764
...again, who are you people? Since when do people just point at others randomly?

>>18216788
The most rational response in this thread. I guess you're probably right, I'll observe her behavior towards me more next semester. This board is autistic as shit. (yeah my post was autistic but the autism cleared up as I read these stupid ass responses)
>>
>>18216806
>...again, who are you people? Since when do people just point at others randomly?
It wasn't "random" you insufferable autist; you said yourself that you were climbing a staircase that the two girls were at the top of. Jesus Christ.
>>
File: Get out.png (104KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
Get out.png
104KB, 375x360px
>>18216806
>I don't know who you people are
>...again, who are you people?
ANONYMOUS IMAGE BOARD
>>
>>18216955
I'd agree if this were a normally sized staircase, however this is a more accurate depiction of how wide the staircase was. Sure, on a normally sized staircase you'd need to let someone know such that they could move, but this wasn't the case. Why wouldn't she do the same thing for every single person that was going up the staircase?
>>18216971
i meant it in a figurative sense, like "Are you people living on the fringe of society?"
>>
>>18216590
Well....maybe she likes you. Do you like her OP?
>>
>>18217019
>Why wouldn't she do the same thing for every single person that was going up the staircase?
The full scope of your social retardation is absolutely staggering. MAYBE BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T KNOW EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO WAS GOING UP THE STAIRCASE? I bet I could fart as I walked past you and you'd be lying awake at night pondering the event's significance for the next three weeks.

People are questioning whether YOU live on the fringe of society because with every post in this display you've displayed an abject lack of comprehension regarding aspects of basic human interaction.
>>
File: yeah.png (16KB, 1138x611px) Image search: [Google]
yeah.png
16KB, 1138x611px
>>18217132
Alright based off the response
> MAYBE BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T KNOW EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO WAS GOING UP THE STAIRCASE
there is some form of ambiguity. When i said
>Why wouldn't she do the same thing for every single person that was going up the staircase?
I didn't mean my friend waving, I meant - "why wouldn't the stranger point out every single person that was going up the stairecase?" This stranger does not know me (as far as I know) because I don't know her. The only reason why she would know my friend knew me is if she were told something about me by my friend. This led me to my OP.

>>18217083
Yeah, but I wouldn't have thought she would be interested in me.
>>
>>18217307
Ask her out. If she says no you will be in the same spot your in now. I'd she says yes then you will get to lock her booty.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.