[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I cringe when guys like me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: cover.jpg (544KB, 1417x1417px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
544KB, 1417x1417px
Recently I've met with one guy to pick up stuff for my roomie. He was a friend of friend of said roomie. We talked for like few second, just to exchange things and money and then parted our ways.

Today my roomie told me that the guy asked this friend if I was "free" and I cringed instantly. I'm not sure why. I don't know the guy, he didn't do or say anything weird. This got me thinking - Do I instantly subconciously dislike guys who find me attractive? Why is it happening?

Picture unrelated
>>
File: 1458939583990.jpg (131KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1458939583990.jpg
131KB, 750x750px
>>18216181
>Do I instantly subconciously dislike guys who find me attractive?
Yes, unless it's Chad. There is nothing wrong with you, you are like all the other women, dont worry.

https://youtu.be/EFnJMPQow7A
>>
>>18216181
Possibly self-confidence issues? Is it that you can't see why someone would like you, thus they must be weird and untrustworthy? I might just be chatting shit though
>>
>>18216181
Do you actually want to date anyone?

Maybe you just aren't interested in a relationship right now or maybe you're asexual or aromantic so other people's interest makes you uncomfortable.
>>
>>18216308
I'm not the most confident person in some fields, so this may be it.

Still, I don't really know how to handle it. I especially hate it when guys are not open with their intentions but are still obvious with their actions. Like they start as friends and I don't want to be rude, when they flirt casually for extended periods of time. This shit makes me rage.
>>
>>18216181
maybe because you are an sjw leftie cunt rag. i suggest an entire bottle of laxatives+bleach
>>
>>18216181

Are you a lesbian? Personally i only cringe if they're really unattractive or overly forward. I only like the cute shy ones.
>>
>>18216355
I'm 26 and I've been in zero relationships since high school. I've always blamed it on being wallflower and not attracting right people. Year ago I started to suspect I may be aromantic and only wanted relationship as status symbol. But how I am supposed to know if I never gave serious relationship a chance? Should I go to therapist with it?
>>
Why did you cringe?

>Because he is below what you consider attractive for his personality/looks?
>Because you think he is "too good" for you?
>>
>>18216392
No that's dumb. Date if you want to date. Don't if you don't. It's not complicated.

The label doesn't matter. If you don't have anyone you wanna date rn then don't. If you find someone you wanna date later, then date them.
>>
>>18216378
Maybe you're a spiritual misanthrope?

I think my crush feels the same about me rn. Granted, I really don't know. Don't even know if she's single.

It's a shit feel. But it wont kill me I guess. Lemme tell you though, you could be hurting someone more than you think by not at the very least clarifying you're not interested.
>>
>>18216388
I'm not sure. I had sex both with men and women and kinda liked it both. I don't remember this guy's face, but he was regular. Maybe even on cooler side. If I hadn't hear about him liking me, I wouldn't had anything against him.
>>
>>18216438
Right now he only talked with this one friend. Next time I see him, and he'll be upfront with his intentions, I'll tell him right away.
>>
>>18216380
Yeah, I love you too, robot
>>
>>18216301
This really. This is the answer!
>>
Op probably left but she's got some mental issues. Not wanting to be liked but wanting to date and fuck. It's pretty typical.
>>
>>18216491
>Implying I want to hate that guy.
Dude, If I had no problem with this irrational cringe, I wouldn't have posted. I want to understand basics of mechanics in my brain that cause it. Irrational dislike is nothing fun. The guy didn't do anything wrong. I never said he's guilty, because he's not. He has nothing to do for how my brain functions.
>>
>>18216491
Wanting to only date and fuck can be observed in whole generation. Not only left wing women.
>>
>>18216181

>Do I instantly subconsciously dislike guys who find me attractive? Why is it happening?

No, it depends on the guy, the said guy you spoke off seems like he's passive and would waste his time in the friendzone(or beta so to say). I mean he told his friend to ask you out on a date. Seeing you're confused by this, men must act like that often. That cringe is just your senses telling you this guy will waste your time.
>>
>>18216462
You're only 26. Don't believe for a second you will always be this way.
>>
to be honest it sounds like a fear of intimacy. some people are really put off by bringing someone into their personal space for anything other than sex. Sounds as if this is seeded in a deeper issue than dating.
my two pennies
>>
File: wherearealltheniceguys.png (1MB, 838x1647px) Image search: [Google]
wherearealltheniceguys.png
1MB, 838x1647px
>>18216956
>fear of intimacy.
>but I still have sex though xD
Nah, OP just has insane standards and is well on her way becoming a meme like pic related
>>
>>18216181
Maybe you're lesbian?
>>
>>18217007
nice meme
intimacy extends way beyond just sex. its about opening up to someone and letting them know who you really are. That's why I said outside of sex. its more of emotional connection as opposed to physical.
>>
File: 1471484741789.gif (481KB, 499x315px) Image search: [Google]
1471484741789.gif
481KB, 499x315px
>>18216181

A guy who doesn't even have the balls to ask you out himself but acts like a middle schooler and asks his friend to tell his other friend to ask you for him? Sounds pretty unattractive to me, OP.
>>
>>18216181
This is pretty common.

What might be happening is you have a great deal of self hatred, which is honestly not very unusual, and therefore you kind of cant believe or buy that someone else would actually like you, it makes you feel suspicious and uncomfortable so you freeze them out or start doing things that sabotage their and your own chances.

Try and address that self hatred and it'll go away.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.