[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How different can intrests be in a relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

We have the same umbrella interests, music, movies, anime, art, memes etc, but we like different stuff, i like rap music she likes pop, i like romance movies/anime and she likes mystery / crime.

We enjoy the same food (both vegan) and both have lots of common dislikes (hot weather, crowds, spots)

We get along pretty good as friends, mainly see each other at parties or talk on social media about our work (we both work retail, share stories etc)

Are those differences too much to have a good relationship ? or am i overthinking it
>>
>>18215626
Im sorry, what were the differences? Music and TV? I dont know dude, why dont you try answering it yourself. Will her musical tastes stop you from pounding that vegan vagina? No? Yea i didnt think so...
>>
It doesn't matter if you have differences desu.
As long as you get along and enjoy each other's company and you are attracted to each other then its all good.

Your partner isn't supposed to be someone who mirrors all your interests... There's bound to be some differences. And to me it sounds like you guys have heaps of stuff in common.

Me and my bf for example have very different tastes in music and movies, tv shows, but we also enjoy some of the same music/tv shows/movies...

The main thing is, "Are you happy?"
Do you crave for someone who likes your music or your movies? Is that very important to you?
>>
>>18215632
Well no, but music, tv and gaming are our main interests. We enjoy some of the same music and tv but no games.

I just feel like we would run out of shit to talk about, or stuff to watch that we both enjoy.

The relationship isn't about sex, i actually have a very low sex drive, esp for my age (19), like i would fuck her but i want the relationship to be more like a close friendship with sex/hugs/cuddles/romance. is that weird ?
>>
>>18215642
Dude if you want to cuddle and watch anime with her, make it happen. I will call you pathetic though.
>>
>>18215647
In the short term that's fine.

Im worried about long term, shes super important to me and id hate to date, just for a year later one of us to be stuck listening to music or watching tv shows that the other doesn't like.

Also yea, im a pathetic loser. i know anon, i know
>>
>>18215655
Once you date a girl for a year, you realize to not give a fuck what hobbies shes into. Dont feel like you have to conform. If anything, she should conform to earn the chance to feel your thunder. Stop being worried about pleasing her, girls are attracted to confidence and you coming off like youre insecure about your interests will turn her off. Tell her "yea i like this band, oh you like that pop band? Yea i think theyre awful lets not listen to that".
>>
>>18215661
She would already date me, shes told me she has feelings, im not confident at all. Im just weighing up my options, if i do enter this type of relationship with her there is no going back, if it goes wrong then i lost a good friend.

If i told her something like "we're not listening to that garbage" i wouldn't be suspired if she broke down, shes super sensitive, which i find cute.
>>
>>18215694
Why can't you do other things?
Me and my boyfriend don't like the same tv shows or movies. We just do other stuff together.
It's not mandatory.
>>
>>18215694
Ugh stop with the "i dont want to lose a friend" bullshit. You both want to fuck, youre not friends and you never will be friends. So get on with it and try to be less of a pathetic vegan vagina.
>>
>>18215698
ahah, we're both shut ins and enjoy that type of stuff. Shew draws a lot while i game, but those are solo activities.

What are some of the things you and your bf do?

We both dislike sport so that's off the table, walking is alright and we both enjoy a good night time stroll. Just some examples of shit you and your bf do would be nice :)
>>
>>18215727
Well, we do a lot of outdoorsy stuff. Hike, swim, run. We go to concerts, theatres, conferences, bookshops, art galleries, we take trips together.
When we're inside - we cook together a lot, he's teaching me to play poker and woodworking, we watch sports on tv, we play videogames, but we often just sit on the couch, have a beer and chat. Sometimes we just hang out in the same room and mind our own business.
Oh, and sex.
>>
>>18215705
Just leave, i know you're trying to help and im grateful but sex is really nothing for me, the romance, cuddles, hugs, emotional support, and friendship is what i want out of it.

Sex is important, im not denying that but for me its quite low on the list, same for her. We both want a friendship with romance pretty much.
>>
>>18215739
That sounds good anon, thanks for that.

I think i am going to start a relationship with her, after all we hang out as friends and find shit to talk about so a relationship wouldn't be that much different i guess. plus stuff like bookshops and art/museum sounds good.

Also how can you stand beer, we both hate it, with a passion. cider all the way
>>
>>18215746
Okay, so swap out 'sex' for 'romance' in my post and it makes just as much sense. Youre just stuck in some immature, negative thought loops, what im telling you is to make a move because you can have the relationship you want if you try to be less of a pussy.

Youre just wasting time thinking "b-b-but what if she thinks my show is boring???" Really dude...
>>
>>18215759
Ahah, wow that kinda put it in perspective.

yea i guess, im going to tell her how i feel and then hopefully we will start a relationship.

thanks for the help anons, wish me luck.

/thread
>>
My girlfriend and I have wildly different interests. In 2+ years it's never been a problem. Liking the same bands or whatever is a pretty immature basis on which to judge a relationship. What's more important is the more intangible compatibility, which is something felt and hard to explain.

>>18215751
>Also how can you stand beer, we both hate it, with a passion. cider all the way

try something other than a lager
>>
>>18215626
>i like rap
hope you grow out of it
>>
>>18215626
>first day on /adv
>relationships....
YOU FUCKING NORMAL FAGS.
YOU WILL NEVER BE HAPPY.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=542WkUHNDC4
fucking normies
>>
>>18215626
>We enjoy the same food (both vegan)
DROPPED
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.