[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to the doctor with no health insurance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1489540434974.png (132KB, 487x556px) Image search: [Google]
1489540434974.png
132KB, 487x556px
Long story short, I need medicine, but don't have health insurance. Should I just go and get in massive debt or is there a way for me to get health insurance with no income?
>>
>>18214986

what kind of medicine do you need?

obamacare basically exists for you to get really reduced insurance, however its hard to start it in the middle of the year without some 'life changing circumstance' like your old insuranceb eing cancelled for reasons outside of your control.

you could always go to a free clinic though I am not sure if they will prescribe. a lot of medicine is available online tho
>>
>>18215020
Asthma medication. I'm on my last vial.
>>
>>18215031

not sure. you can try googling it but that sounds less common than anti biotics. find out how much filling the prescription will cost, but if it saves your life or at least allows you to live comfortably until you can get health insurance, great.
>>
>>18215031
Google obamacare and sign up for the affordable care act (aca) and get medicaid. If you have asthma you should have done this months ago. If it's really bad go to your primary care physician or a hospital and ask them for help. Medicaid can even pay off old medical debt
>>
Call up a rep for either your state's health marketplace or for Medicaid and see about getting on. If you can't, you may have to go to a hospital, as most urgent cares and doctors require payment at time of service. To my knowledge though, if you sign up later you can still get help paying these off.
>>
>>18214986
Why should people who pay insurance should pay for your medicine? How do you survive with no income? Where you got medicine last time?
>>
>>18214986

Stop being a fucking dramawhore. A visit to an urgent care is going to be $100 at most, if spending $100 is :massive debt" at your age you're an idiot who can't manage money
>>
>>18214986
Should've voted for Bernie Sanders then
>>
>>18215265
The truth. Docs make good coin, but goddammit, you know what you have, you know what you need, with your history the doc need not argue with that just write a script. Takes literally five minutes.
>>
>>18215437
If it takes 5 mins = 20$ min = 120$ an hour ... Knew I should've studied medicine instead of cs ...
>>
>>18215311
>he actually thinks things are free
Sorry bud, hate to break it to you but nothing is free. There's always a cost. It doesn't always have to be a monetary cost but there is a cost somewhere.
>>
>>18215697
Health is business in USA, you Americans are only developed nation that cannot provide cheap health care to people that need it. There is cost but it can be reduced (see any other developed country). Not with Republicans in power though
>>
>>18215719
NHS is cool and all, but people tell me it's going to be dismantle quietly and then everybody's going to be sent back to workhouses.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.