[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wisdom Tooth Surgery - Nervous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Wisdom Teeth.jpg (47KB, 639x415px) Image search: [Google]
Wisdom Teeth.jpg
47KB, 639x415px
So I'm supposed to get my top 2 wisdom teeth taken out soon. I don't even had bottom wisdom teeth. They're impacted but not too badly. The top left is just starting to poke out. No pain though except a very vague, slight pain when chewing on the left side. Doctor said it's better to take them out now rather than later when they could become worse.

I'm super nervous. I've never had surgery before so I've never been put under. I'm worried about that, and the complications from anasthesia or the surgery itself like permanent parasthesia. I'm also not looking forward to any pain I might have afterwards and the shitty soft diet I'm gonna have to eat. Also I heard anasthesia or surgery can cause hair loss because it shocks your body and you get telogen effluvium. Worried about that as well.

Are my worries valid?
What were your experiences getting wisdom teeth taken out?
How long did the pain last afterwards?
How long until you could go back to a normal diet?
Did you have any hair loss afterwards?
>>
I had this in the past year at 25.

Except I had all wisdom teeth out at the same time and not only were they impacted but 2 of them were fucking cracked. I was fucked by my wisdom teeth and nervous as hell. I don't think I felt any real pain at all About the level my ankles feel right now after just coming back from running two miles.

If you have a good dental surgeon and dont fuck up the instructions (don't eat shit for a while, make sure you floss faggot) then you might have literally no pain.

If you eat your daily doritos the first day you're going to have a bad fucking time. Listen to the fucking surgeon. He knows how fucked you are/arent. At least a week for "normal" foods and I mean shit like noodles where it's still somewhat easy to swallow

>hair loss
You fucking what m8
>>
>>18214944

Is oatmeal good after surgery or can the oats get between the gums and cause an infection?

Also yes, one of the common causes of hair loss is general anasthesia (which is what I'm getting) and major surgery (although this is considered minor I think)
>>
File: 1491803011218.jpg (87KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1491803011218.jpg
87KB, 640x640px
>>18214898
>Are my worries valid?

Nope. You'll sit down, be very nervous, then you'll be out. Next thing, you're at home sitting on the couch with bloody gauze in your mouth very confused. And it's not like you're getting brain surgery. You're getting two teeth removed. It's all standard routine that almost everyone goes through

>experiences, pain
my mouth was numb the first day. next day it kind of hurt. then it felt most sore on the third and fourth day. After that, the pain declines. Pain isn't too bad either. you just can't open your mouth too much and it just feels swollen. your cheeks will also swell a lot. Just eat soft food/ sleep and you'll be back to normal in about a week.

Just make sure you clean the sockets everyday after surgery or they'll get infected real quick

>hair loss
you'll go bald unfortunately
>>
You'll be fine OP. I got all four pulled and had to drive myself, but not before picking up my medication. My GF and I weren't on speaking terms at the time and now she feels awful but it wasn't too bad
>>
i'm no doc, but to my knowledge actual general anesthesia is only used in major surgeries, like internal organs shit. For everything else you get a combination of local anesthesia and is put to sleep, which is more likely in your case.

I got all four removed in under an hour, local anesthesia only. Was awake all along and felt the pulls but no pain. It's a very strange feeling, besides the pressure all I felt was something like rubbing cold coal toghether, maybe from the tool slipping over my tooth. There was also one moment when I tought the dentist dropped a gaze in my troath, but it was my own numb tongue touching my not numb troath.
>>
I salivate a lot, and got 4 removed in one sitting, the pain was awful and I kept choking on my blood/saliva during night so slept only like 4 hours a day being up all night in pain, I couldn't breathe cause all the blood and saliva and wanted to kill myself.

I lost like 15 lbs unable to eat and only drink and felt like shit, but then when the pain was gone it felt cool to have things stuck in my gum cavities where the teeth were, like a mini-storage unit for food I want to save up.
>>
Imho, there's no reason to operate on your wisdom teeth unless it causes a health issue. There are way too many important nerves in that area. If you fuck them up you could be paralyzed for something you could've avoided. All you have to do is go on the internet to read stories about unnecessary wisdom teeth removals gone wrong.

Ball's in your court. Do your teeth really bother you that much?
>>
It's going to hurt a lot but it's going to end eventually, it's ok to worry about it. The actual surgery doesn't hurt much but it becomes worse later. Also don't commit the error of using straws to eat, it can make everything worse. For me it was easier to eat soft things like steamed carrots than something liquidy like purée.

>>18215162
That's why you don't cheap out on health, try finding a good doctor.
>>
>>18215162

>There are way too many important nerves in that area. If you fuck them up you could be paralyzed for something you could've avoided. All you have to do is go on the internet to read stories about unnecessary wisdom teeth removals gone wrong.

Yeah but is that common?
>>
>>18214898
>Are my worries valid?
Chill out, the anasists and surgens get paid the mega bucks because they're the best of the best when it comes to doctors.
>What were your experiences getting wisdom teeth taken out?
Couldn't have gone better. Knocked me out, pulled the bottom two and right as rain within days. I had nurves wrapped round the roots too which they had to navigate and it was fine.
>How long did the pain last afterwards?
1st day I was still out of it.
2nd day was sore all over
3rd day only a bit tender to touch
>How long until you could go back to a normal diet?
I ate steak for dinner 4 days later.
>Did you have any hair loss afterwards?
My hair is thinning, but I'm almost 30 so not sure if related.
>>
Had all four pulled at the same time. The anesthesia trip I had was great and the operation went swimmingly. Just listen to the doc and you'll be fine. They should also give you a little water syringe to jet the little food bits from the holes in your gums. At least that's what they gave me. Also, swish warm salt water for about a minute after eating.
>>
I've had all four wisdom teeth removed because they were sitting horizontally and would possibly push the rest of my teeth together while growing, deforming the rows.

I asked for complete anesthesia during the operation. Felt nothing, woke up a little groggy and slept for a day, had hamster cheeks for a couple days and then everything was peachy.

You're worrying for nothing.
>>
Had my wisdom teeth taken out. I was happy as a clam during the surgery. I jad a chapperone, they let me listen to music, and the laughong gas... Oh that laughing gas. Heaven.

What sucks is after the surgery. Get some protein powder and learn to love soup and applesauce and the tadte of blood and cotton. Your cheeks will swell and it'll hurt like hell, but your smile will shine much brighter.
>>
Dont you worry anon, if you follow everything your doctor say and keep quiet in the surgery you will feel no pain. Ive taken all 4 wisdom teeth in one go. 2 hour surgery and done. Nothing to worry about. Go ahead.
>>
If anyone's had a filling, what is the procedure like?
Do they first have to clean your teeth?

Or do you just an appointment for your filling?
Can you get an alternative to the anesthesia injection?
Last time it stung..
>>
>>18216157

They usually clean up the area first before giving you fillings. Ask for ceramic fillings instead. Most insurances cover those now. They look good good and blend in with your teeth color.

Otherwise, by default you get mercury amalgam fillings which are probably not good for your health. They also blacken and don't look very good...
>>
>>18216454
I mean the procedure can I get an alternative to anesthesia injection? Laughing gas or some form of gel foam that numbs or freezes the nerves and gum?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.