[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I be embarrassed that I'm 20 and I live with my mom?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: kramer.gif (2MB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
kramer.gif
2MB, 220x165px
I'm totally fucking aspie but I'd like to fit in with normies at least sometimes.

I'm in college and I still live with my Mom (no Dad), is this something I should be embarrassed about? Should I lie about it? I also don't have a car and can't afford one so I have to rely on her driving me sometimes, if I'm going to a social event I'll try to take the bus if I can but the transit is pretty shit where I live so a lot of the time its a question of an hour+ on the bus or 15-20 minutes if my mom drives me. When I get to a social event and someone asks me "how'd you get here" should I just lie?
>>
>>18214196
You should be embarrassed about it, it drives you out of that place. It's a normal reaction. But don't worry, this is very very normal for people our age. Can't tell ya how many I've met who is in the same position as us -- guys and girls.
>>
I live with my mom and I'm 30. I make about $50k/year and drive a really nice car. I also have about $35K in investments/savings.

There's loads of people your age and my age living at home still but they have nothing to show for it. At least you're going to school. There's nothing to be ashamed of, and anybody that would shame you is an idiot most likely and probably financially illiterate. I could afford the mortgage on a house but why when I live comfortably where I'm at now.

I moved out when I was 17 and lived on my own for 10 years. In a way I think it probably set me back quite a bit because I was always struggling financially. I really think if I had just stayed at home till I was at least 19-20 I would have gotten to where I'm at now by the time I was 25 instead of 30.
>>
I'm 24 and recently moved in with my grandparents to help them out
Granted I have my own car and job and essentially live alone on a separate floor
>>
File: TQz2jGX.png (490KB, 530x462px) Image search: [Google]
TQz2jGX.png
490KB, 530x462px
nothing wrong with living with your rents if you are not NEET.

maybe kick them $100 of rent a month so you dont get entitled
>>
Living with parents and going to school is a huge plus, unless the parents are abusive.

People who make fun of you for that are idiots.

Moving out as a young person does nothing for you, unless you ttell yourself it will be an important formative step in exercising your independence as an adult, when really its just having to do more things as part of a daily routine and not hard in the slightest.

Consider yourself lucky if you get to live at home and go to school and like your parents.
>>
As other anons told you, there's nothing to be ashamed for. Our generation (I think you can understand "our" like everybody between 20 and 30) its different from our predecesors.

Not only in the targets we want/we should get, but in the way education and jobs works right now. If you want just to not be a momma-boi, pay your mom a little like a rent or just help her doing daily chores so you make her your house mate, instead your mom.
>>
>>18214196
Everything depends on circumstance.

Are you living there while you save money and go to school? Then it's fine.

Are you just a lazy, cheap piece of shit who won't get a job? Then you should be ashamed.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.