[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>move in with new roommates, first time ever living with some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1487220984891.jpg (28KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1487220984891.jpg
28KB, 512x384px
>move in with new roommates, first time ever living with some
>they seem cool, they're all part of a frat nearby
>i'm a classic introvert, just need time to myself after a while, have been exhausted out of my mind the past 6 days and can't even relax here between meeting the guys/them having friends over
>they have friends over, probably frequently, but no idea how to behave around that (just kind of in my room getting hungry, but have a shitload of homework to do anyway)

I'm a pretty socially inexperienced guy and lived alone for a while, so this is pretty overwhelming for me. Is it just assumed that I should introduce myself to everyone that visits, or what?

Also, tips for getting along with the roommates? We seem to stick to our rooms, like meet by chance in the kitchen and BS together, is that pretty normal?
>>
You in college? Just finishing up my final year and i've been living in a 9 person house as an introvert, can definitley appreciate alone time now.
>>
>>18214058
Yeah, and damn that sounds rough man. It's just 5 guys here, which is enough to throw me off.

How did your first few days living with them go? Any tips for going about it?
>>
>>18214076
I'm going to be in this situation soon too since I'll only be able to work part time once college starts and the rent is $500 with utilities included for a room in a 3 bedroom house compared to $1000 after utilities for a 1 bedroom apartment.
>>
>>18214076
It's a weird one because you feel inclined to participate in what everyone is up to in the fear of seeming like that guy who doesn't get involved. You can go about it two ways, decide to be extroverted for however long youre gonna be living there and get involved when you can, or do what I did and decide fuck it i'm paying my share for this living arrangement i'll chill when I want and hang when I want, your housemates will catch on to your preference eventually. By the sounds of it though you all stick to your rooms anyway so it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>18214044
>should i introduce myself

Yeah, man. Just say "hey I'm anon" or something.
>>
>>18214108
I can already feel that issue, like I just caved and smoked with the guys despite disliking it.

Have a feeling I'll do the latter route as well, like I just need me-time a lot. Is it like, assumed that I can just join in the hang-outs if everyone's out in the living room or some shit? I figure it depends but these guys are pretty chill and social

>>18214097
Best of luck man, same reason I'm doing it

>>18214114
So I just did that, yeah it worked out. Just kind of said hey and went about our business. No idea why I'm worrying about this stuff.
>>
>>18214215
Bro its your living space too, if you wanna hang out in the living room you can, you seem chill, you'll be fine and be used to it in a few weeks.
>>
>>18214044
Firstly, get this notion that you're intruding in your own house out of your mind completely. Second, YOU live there. Don't shy away from shit because people are over. If you bump into them say hi and continue with your shit. If your room-mates are cool they will usually introduce you to new people when you see them.
>>
>>18214044
About getting along with room-mates. Best advice I can give is to grow a pair of balls and tell them if you have a problem with something. Don't get all passive aggressive. The kitchen is the your new social area, everyone has to eat and ppl love to chat shit while they make their food. If there are a few of them there, go there just to hang out. EVEN IF YOU AREN'T HUNGRY
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.