[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep Paralysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: The Nightmare.jpg (32KB, 330x273px) Image search: [Google]
The Nightmare.jpg
32KB, 330x273px
Anybody have any tips on how to avoid getting sleep paralysis while still sleeping on your back? I've started doing it to fix my shitty posture and i'd really enjoy going through it without having a horrible time every other night or so.
>>
I used to get sleep paralysis like every other night, it truly fucking sucks. I feel for you bro

Melatonin helps. Exercise helps. Not going to bed too late and keeping a consistent sleep cycle helps. Sleeping on your stomach helps too, I'm not sure why you're adamant about sleeping on your back.
>>
I used to have it every night, now i dont have one since last year, but i now it will come back one day.

Try sleeping on your stomach with your face to the wall if possible, it helps.

And if you find yourself in one, keep blinking your eyes very fast and move your toes.
>>
>>18214019
Not him but sleeping in your stomach forces you to a swayback posture so for a person with an already bad posture and unbalanced muscles it's just making the problem worse and less efficient to fix.

Op, do what >>18214019 said. I too have the same problem (posture and sleep paralysis) and the only extra advice I can give is to learn to deal with it, just relax and don't panic, you can even turn it into a lucid dream and dream cute anime girls at your will. Also make sure you're doing the correct exercises to fix your posture, just sleeping in the right position won't help much.
>>
>>18213991
You probably already know not to read up on it, talk about it, or think about it alot or else it happens more often...I know it sounds stupid and weird but it's true.
Try praying and positive thinking before bed. And if it does come upon you, just shake the fuck outta your body til you come out of it. I used to have this routine of making sure that I didn't intake any negative or frightening input before bed i.e. tv, books, movies whatever... It seemed to help.
I know people recommend "advancing" this state towards lucid dreaming, but the common man/woman knows nothing about what this process actually involves.
>>
>>18213991
I used to get it while sleeping on my front or back. Probably more often on front I think. Anyway I dunno it could be the drugs you are taking the drugs I used to take I think made me have it almost every day.
>>
>>18213991
Switch position, get clean sheet, check your bed for damage if it's old, get a new mattress, a mattress topper or a pillow, exercise, eat well, keep steady sleeping routine
>>
every night I awaken and I see visions, but the visions are always similar. At the time I know what I'm looking at, but as I sit here trying to recall them I can't make sense of it or describe it

in the moment I always feel like I'm looking into another world..maybe I am
>>
File: thinking frog.png (204KB, 329x393px) Image search: [Google]
thinking frog.png
204KB, 329x393px
is anyone gonna post sleep paralysis stories?
>>
>>18213991
Sleep paralysis is amazing. Very few people will ever be able to feel the emotion of grief that it overtakes one in their entire lifetime. I feel so privileged when I can have vivid, scary dreams. They are very important to me.
>>
Ok, I'm in the opposite situation. Does anyone know what I can do to give myself sleep paralysis? I've only managed to force it once, but other than that I've never experienced it and would really love to.
>>
>>18215141
Sleep laying on your back, oversleep. Not guaranteed to work but try it.

>>18215085
Yeah me too. :)
>>
>>18213991
You people actually want to have it ?
We talking about waking up and don't be able to move, like you're paralized from head to toe ?! And have a panic attack cause you think you're never going to move again ..?
>>
File: Wooper.jpg (63KB, 718x600px) Image search: [Google]
Wooper.jpg
63KB, 718x600px
>>18215072
SP happened, then saw a dark shadowy figure next to my bed. It then sunk into the floor. Another time it happened I heard vivid & eerie sounding chamber music. It was like I was sitting in a room full of musicians.
>>
>>18215173
And then on top of them sometimes people hallucinate so it can seem like some sort of unknown being is paralyzing you...
>>
>>18215141
When I took Zyprexa it gave me it almost every day even though I sleep on my stomach most of the time. I don't recommend taking Zyprexa though as it can become hard to sleep without it. Maybe try some sort of sedative?
>>
>>18215173

Ikr, I'm imagining they've been fairly lucky with it because it can be terrifying depending on how bad it gets.

Idk all this nonsense about sleeping in certain positions or over sleeping. I've gotten it in any position and im typically more prone to getting it if i go to sleep extra late. Though I have a microsleep issue so ive fallen into sp litterally minutes after falling asleep. It's not a good thing imo.

I do agree that it tends to happen more if you think too much about it. There have been times where it was almost nightly for me. I find that certain herbal supplements can change the intensity but no real way to prevent it that i know of.
>>
>>18216358
It's not nonsense, it has been scientifically proved. It just doesn't happen to you.
>>
File: 1488757582330.png (27KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
1488757582330.png
27KB, 1152x648px
>>18215072
>Be me
>sleeping with TV on. Sometime in the morning.
>it was on CN or some cartoon shit but I percieved it as static
>mum ain't home
>I'm facing the door which is slightly open
>see a shadow run past
>dafuqwasthat.imdb
>Sleep Paral so can't run or even look away
>hear something similar to footsteps running up wooden stairs
>running
>it's coming
>feel something physically grab my scalp
>literally jump out of bed screaming
>tis the wind
>I learn to sleep with the tv off

My SP experiences were more common when I was obsessivley sleeping with my tv on for several hours. Glad I stopped.
>>
>>18214938
Hypnopompic hallucinations
>>
>>18216671
With my experience these hallucinations seem to happen most upon sleep paralysis
>>18216619
>>
>>18215072
You cant move. Its like being dead, but youre awake at the same time. Its weird. Hard to wake up from
>>
I've heard from a spritualist perspective, your soul is not inhabiting your body when you experience sleep paralysis.
>>
>>18213991
idk if this could work for everyone, but I get sleep paralysis about once a month.
The only thing that works for me is moving my fingertips. This sort of shocks my hand out of it, which flows through the rest of my body.
Also recognizing that you're just hallucinating and that everything will be alright is pretty important, too.
>>
>>18213991
Hang flowers about the place where you sleep.

Make sure they are dry and hypoallergenic.
>>
I used to have it regularly until I programmed a crystal to protect me from it and slept with it.

It worked. Even now that lost the crystal it still worked
>>
I used to get it all the time. Thinking about it made me get it. Saying "i hope nothing happens tonight" will make it happen. But I got it so many times I realized that it was just sleep paralysis, nothing to be afraid of, and I'd wake up immediately, and go back to sleep like nothing happened.

The guaranteed method to beat sleep paralysis is
>realize it's happening
>stay calm
>move your eyeballs or wiggle your fingertips
>count backwards from 10

It will wake you up, literally every single time.
>>
I had the same problem OP
Just open and close your toes repeatedly, you'll wake up.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.