[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Relationship Issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1487068442363.jpg (92KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
1487068442363.jpg
92KB, 500x345px
Guys please give your viewpoint on this situation, I'm not sure what to do anymore, and an outsider's opinion would help a lot.

>Be with boyfriend 2-3 years.
>Love him soooo much and he likes me well enough (I'm more affectionate than him, always have been).
>I go to Germany for my studies for six months.
>He promises before I leave that he'll come visit me every other month, I believe him.
>A month in (so pretty much now), he tells me that he lied about visiting me because he was worried that if he didn't I would back out and not go to Germany, missing out on a great opportunity.
>He has no interest in ever visiting Germany, which is a great contrast to my interests because I've absolutely fallen in love with Germany and would love to live here permanently.
>He also says that he sees visiting me as a waste of time and money because six months is such a short time in his mind.
>When I told him I wanted to live in Germany, he told me he'd think about whether or not he's going to visit me more, and since then hasn't made a comment on the situation.

Is this normal boyfriend behaviour? Am I being weird for being upset about this, or is he being weird for being so cold? Or are we both weird? Pls send help.
>>
If he's willing to lie and has zero interest in your interests, he kinda sounds like a dick.

Where does he live? Would Germany be a big, expensive trip for him?
>>
Lied and doesn't want to visit. Sounds like a dick.

6 months is little time for him. Sounds like he values this thing you have with him long term.

All in all the picture I have of him is of a serious person with some traditional values who's not willing to do his part on certain times because of persona tantrums.
Not a keeper in my eyes. Dated that, dropped that. Suggest you do the same too (unless you're somehow quite different).
>>
>>18213793
I hate it to break to you femanon, but every boy (and possibly even girl) is unique. He might be dick. Or cold. Or his life priorities are different from you.

But one thing is certain: ldr never works in the long run. You seriously cant plan staying "together" while each of you being in different country.

Also moving to different country away from your friends, family and job is HUGE step to make.

Whatever is the case, do not fall into ldr for too long and ask him, not /adv/.
>>
what is your current country?

if he is near germany then he should make an effort to visit you (like belgium or something)

also he isn't some person that falls for the country-boo meme apparently
>>
>>18213793

He's worried german women have influenced you and soon you'll be screaming about how "all men are rapists" and the only time he'll hear you say anything nice about men, is when it's in defence of the innocent "dindu nuffin" rapefugees.

He's almost certain you're going to cuck him, now that you've said you'd like to live there forever.

He's heartbroken, already picturing you getting "raped" by "17 year old" Achmed who you'll then go on to make excuses for.

Seriously, these days, German women (and Swedish too actually) are now outranking even goddamn British women for most horrible women on the planet. I can see why he's worried.
>>
>>18213799
>>18213799
He lives in the UK, which is where I came from (we've only recently become long distance). Also imo a trip from England to Germany isn't too expensive for international travel, about £100. And I've always told him that I'd gladly lend him the money.

Also sorry for the slow replies, I'll respond to everyone ASAP, I was having the connection error thing.
>>
>>18213855
That seems pretty shitty or apathetic on his part, yeah. He's so busy he can't take a weekend to see you, or just doesn't care to?

I don't know what your relationship is like, but him lying about visiting and then explaining he has absolutely no interest does not seem like normal behavior in a healthy relationship to me.
>>
>>18213810
Hmm, you do seem to have quite a good feel of what he's like, sadly. But I can't say if I'm different because I don't know what you're like.

>>18213819
>ldr never works in the long run
I know. It's tolerable if it's just six months, but now he's said he has no interest in living in Germany, I know if I don't somehow convince him to at least give it a chance, then our relationship is ticking down to its end. Also it's true that moving away from your home country is a big choice, but he always seems so apathetic and disappointed with his own life, that I thought that doing something exciting like moving to another country might be something that would interest him. Guess I thought wrong. Also I have asked him, but every time we talk about it we have the same argument where I'm trying to convince him and he's reluctant.

>>18213848
Haha but what you don't know is I hate Muslims even more than he does.
>>
>>18213867
>Haha but what you don't know is I hate Muslims even more than he does.

Then why the fuck do you want to live in Germanistan?

Get the fuck to Switzerland before it's too late.
>>
>>18213866
Well, he says he has no motivation to go to Germany, and that I'm not enough of a motivator. Also I suppose it's not normal relationship behaviour, but I always thought we thrived on the fact we were a bit odd. It's sort of more like a mentor relationship than an equal partnership; I've tried to show him I can be equal to him before, but I fear I didn't do a good enough job at it, because he still sees me as weaker in many ways, and he may be right. Also sometimes I worry because of his air of apathy and reluctance towards everything that he may have a form of depression, but I could never convince him to get treatment for it, as he's very against the idea of mental illness and the mass diagnosis of it. So, yeah, lots of elements at play.
>>
>>18213877
Well I've always loved Germany, ever since I was a little girl, and I wasn't getting to let a few bombers stop me. Besides, I'm in the countryside where crime is really quite low; I saw more Muslims back in my home city than I have here.
>>
>>18213881
>I'm not enough of a motivator.

OK, now he just is a dick.
>>
>>18213886
>home city

That explains it.

You were going to cuck him all along anyway, regardless of where you live.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.