[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why you should start jogging!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 15

File: images.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
Dealing with depression, anxiety, unrequited love, being cheated on, having no direction in life, and any other sort of mental distress? You should think about jogging.

Consider this, everything we experience is one part what *actually* happens combined with what we experience mentally. Schizophrenics for instance, show the extreme capability of how mental state influences world view.

If you're dealing with serious shit, why not just go out and take a simple 30 minute jog to your favorite music and then come back relaxed, ready to deal with your problems from a calmer sense of mind?

I'm not saying this is the magic bullet to fix your problems, but finding a consistent exercise routine (of any sort, really) will put a dent in the negative emotions you may be harboring. Not only that, but seeing the improvements in your athletic capability and body appearance will help you develop an intrinsic sense of confidence that no women/drug/etc could ever give you.

Once the situation in questions blows over anyways, you will hopefully see that it doesn't matter in the long run and that continuing to exercise, is not because of some fickle issue, but because it helps better and develop you as a person.

This is all from experience by the way. Ill be sticking around and talking/answering questions. I wish you all the best.
>>
Running isn't going to make me any less lonely or worthless.
>>
>>18213638
i wish
used to jog 4-5 miles a day. but now i have knee problems
>>
>>18213638
It helped me a lot with my anxiety. I did couch to 5k one summer but I got really disheartened when I realized I was running much less than a 5k.

Now I'm trying to get back on it but do you have any recommendations for that? Like when I'm running should I focus on being able to do half an hour first and then increase my pace?

Also, I always feel like death. When does it get better, or is it always terrible but the after effects make it worth it?
>>
I think I'll do that OP.

Tomorrow.
>>
>>18213643
This is what we call a "self fulfilling prophecy". Look if you don't want to improve that's fine, but if you are doubting something before you try, its like you're choosing to stay lonely/etc.

It's not a magic bullet... sure, but the mindstate it puts you in gives you so much more confidence that you can form a different lense on your feelings and realize how you can move forward and address it.

This is coming from someone who spends almost every day of the week alone in their room.

>>18213645
Swimming? Elliptical? Biking? Never give up
>>
>>18213678
> Elliptical? Biking? Never give up
have flat feet and my knees over pronate.
going to try swimming but its embarrassing going to the pool with my beer gut.
atm i just do jump rope but it doesn't feel the same as running.
>>
>>18213643
You better listen to >>18213678 and OP (unless that is OP, which I suspect).

I lost 30 kg's in 2012. I was indifferent towards exercising when I was overweight, I was probably mostly angry that I couldn't do it. Only, I was wrong. I could do it. Loved jogging every since and I consider myself adept at it.

Just such a shame that I've injured myself 4 times over the past year and haven't been able to jog because of it.
>>
>>18213678
Is running going to undo years of doing nothing? Is it going to get me a college degree? Un-burn bridges and give me a social network again?
I hate non-specific "advice"
>>
>>18213663
I would suggest you don't worry yourself obsessing over distances/speeds/goals, especially since you're just starting. This might create needless stress for something that is an enjoyable and free exercise, it's not a race.

Instead, maybe think about music / audio books you'd like to jog to or places that you could go running.

As far as pacing goes, I myself just try to set a pace I can keep up for a majority of my run, sometimes this is very slow (and ofcourse I allow myself to take breaks when needed) but for the most part I think its effective even still.

Starting at a slower pace, and not putting so much emphasis on distance/speed of running will help remove the feeling of death. Especially after you run one or two times, your lungs start to become conditioned and you will feel improvements as you keep at it.

But yes, when i'm off my routine I feel scared to run like it is a waste of time or I can't do it or just have other general negative feelings. But when I form a routine (like I've done very recently) it becomes very easy, both psychologically and psychically and I feel great. The after effects are so worth it, it has just given me a much better outlook on my"problems"/how I treat people/ life in general.

Final word of advice, drinking a cup of green/black tea before hand could really help energize you.

It's good you're willing to take the first step, I have total confidence in you

>>18213669
and you as well, even though your post might feel a bit sarcastic, there are times I put off running until tomorrow and I still follow through with it :+)
>>
>>18213724
Jogging will make you happier. Sounds vague, but to its' definition --- it will. Your body will release chemicals and make you feel good. You'll have more energy that you can use to do other things during your day, and it'll feel less demanding of energy to do those things. You'll most likely feel more motivated, more confident and it'll build upon who you are fundamentally. You'll grow as a person and you'll probably be more open to being social, which can get you friends. You really should try it. I'm not gonna lie, it's going to take at least a month before you feel any difference. But several months after, you'll notice a change in your life.

Sounds like bullshit but if you're not even going to give a few months into it then maybe you're just not mentally strong to go anywhere in life.
>>
>>18213736
So basically you're saying I should just kill myself. I can't stick to something if it's going to take that long to get any results.
>>
>>18213724
ofcourse not, but then again... is any advice on this board really going to take place of you taking a grasp of responsibility over your life again?

exercise puts you on that path of taking responsibility and helps you find peace in the bridges you've burnt (believe me i've burnt three this year alone) through forgiving yourself, help you with the confidence of making friends, and allow you to form an understanding and acceptance in life and allow you to look to the future/present.

This board can only do so much, really this is putting the reigns in your hands.

By the way its extremely specific advice, pick up jogging and see how it affects your outlook.

>>18213689
Swimming is supposed to be really good for your body, if people are silently judging you for your weight thats their problem, you remember the joy jogging brought you and i'm sure you never considered other people when going after it , I have faith in you anon I know you'll succeed
>>
For what its worth, ive been exercising for 6 years straight (16-22) and im still a depressed virgin loser who hates everything, mainly college though.
>>
>>18213749
OP here, I would disregard that poster's last sentence. I wouldn't focus on months at a time, jogging is a very day-to-day thing and helps you form a very present mindset.

This thread wasn't to force people to run but to merely suggest the idea that it would really help. I wrote a longer response in reply to your first comment just above this one.

I just thought i'd clear that up, "mental strength" isn't something that's inherent, just like your body its something that becomes slowly conditioned through effort

so
>>18213736

id beware of that rhetoric, it only just puts people down
>>
>>18213749
Why would you think that of yourself? Look, what helped me was just buying a fucking regular diary book. Anything that has lines in it. Keep it a journal, make notes of how you felt during the jogging. Sounds stupid but it can actually be encouraging and interesting.

Why would you let people, and especially yourself, keep you down? Don't you feel motivated to do something about it when someone tells you that you can't do it?

It sounds tough as fuck but believe in yourself. Don't allow yourself to quit. Also, make sure you drink water. Try 6 glasses every day (doesn't have to be a huge glass). 2 glasses before or after every meal of the day. You can do it.
>>
>>18213765
maybe exercise isn't enough, especially if you've been doing it for so long your body just starts to function as if its normal and through the law of diminishing returns, doesn't produce the same benefits for those of us who missed out on exercise during our teen years.

medication and therapy are also worth considering. I myself take prozac and wellbutrin, and I found that hasn't been enough on its own so I combined with running to further increase my mood.

are you doing lifting or cardio by the way?
>>
>>18213780
>maybe exercise isn't enough
No shit, u need social interaction too and idk where to get that since im literally autistic

>medication and therapy are also worth considering.
Therapy was a meme, and Im not going to take (((anti depressives))).

>are you doing lifting or cardio by the way?
Both
>>
>>18213768
I'm sorry. Not for what I said, but sorry for them if they are being pushovers. I weighed 98 kilograms. I was a fat, lonely person who was going nowhere. Any hopes of ever having a girlfriend was pure dreaming. I bought a journal, wrote down what I was eating for a week or so without changing my diet. Decided to make it serious and started jogging. I went way faster than I had to for way longer than I had to but the point is: I did it.

I know it's a rough approach, and sure I feel bad if people take the last sentiment the wrong way but trying to make jogging "fun" for me when I was fat would never work. And it didn't, my brother tried jogging with me but when he moved, I stopped.

Fun doesn't get you anywhere, but a whip can.
>>
jogging ruins hips and knees and can lead to an enlarged heart.

you're better off eating a low fat diet and walking a lot. save intensive exercise for recreational activities. jogging for exercise is extremely bad for you.
>>
File: howardrake.png (148KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
howardrake.png
148KB, 264x264px
>>18213803
I'd prefer that type of information from a doctor rather than an anonymous person who can't capitalize the first letter of every sentence.
>>
>>18213803
This is only true if you go full retard (eg 50+ miles a week)

http://running.competitor.com/2012/06/news/how-much-running-is-bad-for-your-heart_54331
>>
>>18213785
>Therapy was a meme, and Im not going to take (((anti depressives))).

best of luck then.

by the way, browsing /pol/ isnt going to be doing you any favors

>>18213803
if you go over the top with it probably, but just jogging a bit daily will probably allow you to live far longer than not.

this post honestly sounds like an excuse, by the way walking doesnt have the same cognitive benefits as jogging
oh and

>jogging for exercise is bad for you
[citation needed]
>>
>>18213821
>by the way, browsing /pol/ isnt going to be doing you any favors
And neither will browsing /adv/, which is basically r9k lite at this point.

Actually, shitposting here is one of the few things I still enjoy
>>
>>18213638
Bullshit.
I've tried, and I only end up being disappointed at how little I can last, and angry at myself for my weakness.
The idea of living it all over again the next day (or the day after that) is horrible.
Your advice is only good if you're already somewhat used to exercising.
>>
>>18213862
Don't get put off by the length you can do it. Practice makes perfect. You can certainly become much better than those you imagine when you think of people who are better than you. The secret is to do it. Even if it's only for one minute, and it seems like you're going nowhere. Baby. Steps.
>>
>>18213638
I'm too tall

bad for knees

I'll stick to lifting weights, dancing, and spin bikes
>>
>>18213643
It helped Forrest Gump
>>
>>18213638
>take a simple 30 minute jog and then come back relaxed, ready to deal with your problems from a calmer sense of mind
I'm not relaxed, after exercise: I'm fucking tired and angry.
>>
>>18213862
what does anger solve?

I only ran sparingly for much of the past year so yes, it was hard to get back on routine, but after I did I feel so much better.

>>18213890
when was the last time you even gave it a fair try?
>>
>>18213897
>when was the last time you even gave it a fair try?
A few years ago, I think, but pretty much nothing has changed since then (except that I put on weight).
>>
>>18213908
sounds like you're overdue for giving it another try
>>
>>18213897
>what does anger solve?
You make it seem like I choose to be angry: it just comes on its own.
Thing is, the hope of (maybe) starting to feel better one day seems just too slim to make enduring effort and malaise seem worth it.
>>
>>18213923
fun fact: you are responsible for regulating your emotions

another fun fact: i've found that jogging makes it way easier to regulate emotions

you dont feel better "one day" you feel better literally after jogging my friend
>>
>>18213913
>you're overdue for giving it another try
I fear everything will be just the same as before, and I'll only end up tired, angry, and unwilling to repeat the experience.
>>
>>18213976
fear is sometimes good, because it keeps us from doing things that could cause us great harm.

this is not one of those things, in fact your fear about this is actually setting you back.

give it a fair try atleast without any projecting and just see how you feel after.

if anything look at it as an experiment in overcoming fear. run to death grips or something .
>>
>>18213638
> be me, 45.
> very depressed this past winter. Divorced, no kids, now unemployed with few friends and only one relative.
> about a month ago started walking 2 or 3x a week. graduated to jogging two weeks ago.
> did my first 2 mile run last Friday.

I had not jogged or ran since I was forced to in school gym class 30 years ago. Can't agree with OP enough, a regular routine has helped me tremendously in only a few weeks. Feeling much better physically/mentally/emotionally. It has helped me put down the bottle.
>>
>>18213981
>run to death grips
Sorry, but I don't know what that is.
>>
I exercise about five times a week, I've ran ten miles and the feeling I get from a runners high is not the same that I get from sex or the buzz from alcohol, it's a very mellow and enjoyable high that can last for up to six hours. Running is good as well because you're really exerting yourself, other exercises are not as good I find as running but one that requires as much effort should help with your mood.
>>
This has always been the most laughable advice I've ever been given. I took up running, and the whole FIT shebang. I never once felt good while doing it. I felt like a sweaty disgusting mess during and just exhausted and in pain afterward.
I've never once got that rush all these faggots claim to get. I never once felt like I was a worthy human being after exercising, and after being in shape for years. I never once solved a single fucking problem through exercise. Exercise never got me the fucking boyfriend I wanted.
I literally only even ever do it anymore so when faggots say "Well have you tried to cure your crippling anxiety and depression by just running?" I can say "YUP. And it doesn't work, faggot."
>>
File: tfw cat.jpg (591KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tfw cat.jpg
591KB, 1024x1024px
>just get out and--

Nope, too much effort. I need to buy an exercise ball or something, something I can do in my underwear.
>>
>>18213990
"It's as satisfying to me as, uh, cumming is, you know? As, ah, having sex with a woman and cumming. And so can you believe how much I am in heaven? I am like, uh, getting the feeling of cumming in a gym, I'm getting the feeling of cumming at home, I'm getting the feeling of cumming backstage when I pump up, when I pose in front of 5,000 people, I get the same feeling, so I am cumming day and night. I mean, it's terrific. Right? So you know, I am in heaven."

It's the truth. I've still got my pump from an hour ago and my central nervous system is wrecked right now. I feel exhausted and beat down but at the same time I feel great.
>>
When your flavor of mental illness is anorexia, lots of strenuous exercise starts to become impossible. Believe me, I nearly fainted walking from my class to my car once.
Plus, I don't wanna put on that gross muscle and look like a fat sack of shit.

I don't think running is gonna cure my anorexia.
>>
>>18214004
The cure is food.

By the way, fat people are looked down on because they're clearly mentally ill and lack self control. Being that thin, people see you as being mentally ill as well, and they judge you for it. When your ribcage and other bones are visible, you look fucking disgusting.
>>
File: Get_a_load.jpg (44KB, 776x602px) Image search: [Google]
Get_a_load.jpg
44KB, 776x602px
>>18213996
I bet your workout is weak and pathetic just like you are physically. I bet you've never trained so hard you felt like complete shit afterwards. I bet you've never almost blacked out during a really heavy set. The pump is real and if you workout properly you will feel it. Since you claim it's not real you've obviously never actually done a proper workout.

How do I know this? You sound like a bitter little faggot because you can't achieve simple goals and you blame it on everything else but your weak and pathetic self.
>>
>>18214010
Take yourself off turbo, holy shit. What are you, 5'8"?
>>
>>18214012
Nah, I'm 6'0 but I wear work boots for work, obviously, so it looks like I'm almost 6'2". Try again.

Sorry you can't handle the truth. Exercise has a real effect on you mentally and physically. There's literally 1,000's of studies proving the effects of exercise and what happens to your body and mind when you work out or run.
>>
>>18214001
>>18213990
OP here, I dont really even like sex and jogging is far more reliable than women

>>18213996
wait, are you a guy seeking a boyfriend calling us faggots? sounds life some self hate stuff going on.

sounds like you tried it once and gave up a long time ago

>>18214004
start lifting and eating too much

>gross muscle

erm never mind... go see a therapist and psychiatrist? im guessing your parents were shit bags to you growing up, sorry
>>
>>18213986
Good decision. Great work.
>>
>>18214021
Yeah I know, but the way you said it you sound like a total tryhard. You've got the mind of a manlet anyway.
>>
>>18214004
Look at that fat sack of shit
>>
>>18214027
>being dedicated to something means you're a tryhard
>working incredibly hard makes at it makes you a tryhard
>>
>>18214048
To be honest, the fact that you claim to be "working incredibly hard" DOES make you seem like a tryhard.
>>
>>18214052
well he was responding to someone who was being a tryhard at not exercising , to be fair
>>
>>18214048
Nah dude, I'm just saying, running around calling people faggots a d implying they aren't on your level is serious tryhard behavior. I remember when I first started going to the gym I had a similar mindset, but I recognized it as the escaping autism that it was and kept it confined to /fit/. You might want to think about censoring yourself a little, bro.
>>
File: 1449356535643.jpg (7KB, 300x185px) Image search: [Google]
1449356535643.jpg
7KB, 300x185px
>>18214009
Jokes on you, people have always treated me nicer being unhealthily skinny than I was when I was obese.
I was never told I was sexy or desirable then but now I'm told I'm hot as hell and lots of dudes wanna fuck me. Nobody wanted to fuck me until I was around 110. Number of guys I had interested in me only increased as that number went down.
>>
>>18214052
I'll be honest. Sometimes I don't give it my all in the gym and it's disappointing.

I will say this though in regards to working incredibly hard at something. I don't get mad, jealous, or upset over finding out other people hit it harder than me. I would never call someone a try hard. It just makes me realize I need to focus more on my goals if I want to hit them. Why would you turn a motivating factor into some negative thought?
>>
File: 1476148979122.png (67KB, 228x228px) Image search: [Google]
1476148979122.png
67KB, 228x228px
>>18214010
I've done all those things you've said.
(Actually, I DID black out after a workout once. none of that "almost" bullshit, you weak faggot ;P)
8/8 b8 tho m8.
>>
>>18214024
No I'm a woman seeking a boyfriend calling you faggots.
As I said, I'm still doing it because I know the fucking cop out shit whenever I tell someone "it doesn't work" is
"OH ANON, you just gave up too soon! You didn't try HAARRRDDD enough, you need to keep at it!!!1"
3 years of regular diet and exercise, I still feel like shit. But I guess I just gotta do it for a decade right?
>>
>>18214067
Yes, you've just described how anorexia as a mental illness confirms itself. At 150, you had guys hitting on you, but you couldn't see it or you didn't believe it because you thought you looked disgusting. Now, you believe you're hot, so you're more ready to accept attention from men. This is a symptom of your disease, none of that is authentic. You're as hideous now as you were when you were 50lbs heavier. Anorexia is about self-image, not how you actually look.
>>
Can we have an exercise-related thread without it turning into a hunk-fight? I'll pull the hunk alarm on your asses.
>>
>>18214064
If you're >>18213996 and >>18214012
Then I still think you're a weak faggot because you totally come off as one. If that's not you but you think that being like that is okay then you're also a weak faggot who promotes stupid shit.

I get the feeling that wasn't you and I'm not talking to you. But will say again, the person I was replying to sounds like a complete and massive pussy with a weak mind and body, and no one should support anything he said.
>>
>>18214067
And defining your self worth by how many dicks you can take? I shiggy diggy doggy doo.
>>
File: 1446088245456.jpg (19KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1446088245456.jpg
19KB, 500x377px
>>18214024
No the only man I ever fell in love with told me I was just practice because fat chicks were easy and that he never actually loved me, he just fed me what I wanted to hear and laughed because "Fat chicks can't ever be loved, just used".

I still love him btw and would take him back in a heartbeat if he would give me the time of day. I spent all this time getting thin so he would love me (again?).

So there's that.
>>
>>18214084
Every time you call someone a pussy, you lose half an inch in height.
>>
>>18214033
Ugh those thighs are disgusting.
>>
>>18214084
To be fair, you seem to be discriminating against the weak, and that makes you seem like kind of an asshole.
>>
>>18214090
I'd be in the negatives in height if that were true...Like negative a couple hundred feet.

Every time you're offended by someone's language you lose a little bit of you masculinity. I know you'll eat that one up for the amount of machismo it implies. Enjoy being a pussy.
>>
>>18214081
No I really didn't. At 150 I was being shit on and called a whale.
>>18214086
Well its a somewhat accurate measurement of how attractive I am. I know some guys will stick their dick in anything just for the lulz, but I can gauge their attractiveness as well in my calculations. Yeah if the only guys I'm pulling are fatty 2x4 then I'm probably ugly too. But if I'm pulling good looking guys, then my chances are better.
And yeah, as a woman how attractive I am is basically how much worth I have to the world.
>>
>>18214079
after reading this post, i'm very surprised you haven't found a boyfriend yet, your personality is as soothing as the winds of autumn
>>
>>18214084
Nah we're 2 different posters.
>>
File: 56_Nuggets.gif (934KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
56_Nuggets.gif
934KB, 250x167px
>>18214106
>And yeah, as a woman how attractive I am is basically how much worth I have to the world.
This.
Is.
Mental.
Illness.
>>
>>18214104
>masculinity
Oh boy, we have a testosterone-obsessed dick in here
>>
>>18214103
>sympathizing for the weak
>thinking the weak even want your pity
>putting that on them
>>
>>18214110
Years of being single and hating life has hardened my entire existence anon, what can I say. Running still hasn't given me a winning personality, thats the whole point of my post. Running ain't done shit for me.
>>
>>18214116
Oh boy, we have an estrogen filled, ineffectual, effete, soft-penised, debutante in here.
>>
>>18214115
I know we're kind of fighting right now or whatever, but holy shit that gif made me laugh so hard I can't even be mad.

Anyway, yeah I know, I'm mentally ill.
But literally my whole life's goal is to be a obedient little housewife and cater to my husbands every want and need. That's my role in the world.
>>
>>18214119
You can piggyback me while I jog. The extra weight will prove a challenge and you'll have fun. What'ya say?
>>
>>18214118
What can I say? I don't see them as people bad enough to be left behind.
>>
>>18214125
>Implying not being a testosterone-obsessed dick means being an estrogen filled, ineffectual, effete, soft-penised debutante

You're delusional at best.
>>
File: 1491075038672.png (15KB, 240x304px) Image search: [Google]
1491075038672.png
15KB, 240x304px
>>18214126
You again! You started a thread awhile back where I told you the exact same thing. If you don't have value independent from a man, hell use you and use you up, then he'll fuck around on you. You will get treated like garbage. Your lack of strength will be your end, Anon, please see a counselor before you go down ten years of bad road with two kids trying to financially extricate yourself from an abusive husband when you've got no job skills and no social support system! I love you and care about you and you need to love and care about yourself.
>>
>>18213638
Can I walk-jog, walk then jog just a few minutes or less.
>>
>>18214137
I support this notion.
>>
>>18214119
wait, but i'm saying your personality is already amazing to begin with. you dont need to run! you sound like a catch - lets get dinner :-)
>>
>>18214052
lazy sack if dogshithas been spotted
>>
>>18214137
Did I? I don't remember ever making a thread,
I don;t remember a lot of things though.

Don't kink shame me bro. I want a man to really love me. I don't care about anything else really. Jobs, hobbies, none of that crap. Just time fillers. If I had a husband to love and care for I wouldn't need em.
>>
File: 1425526456256.png (329KB, 340x533px) Image search: [Google]
1425526456256.png
329KB, 340x533px
>>18213638
>literally running away from your problems
>>
>>18213643
Doing an activity like running increases your chances of meeting someone, at least compared to staying in your home browsing 4chan so running may make you feel less lonely.
>>
File: oh you.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
oh you.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>18214164
>>
>was HIGHLY dependent on kratom 2 years ago
>spent most of my days in an opioid high for several months
>lost the magic, got dependent
>quit
>went through horrific withdrawals
>Internet said running would help with withdrawal (endorphins)
>started running
>kept up with it while sober
>I just ran my first ultramarathon last month and got in the top 10%

Still depressed, though!
>>
>>18214211
What brings your depression?
What causes it?

Is it wanting to have things that requires money? Wanting to be sociable like others? Is it past regrets?

If you want to cry at times in the comfort of your own home, room ; cry!
>>
>>18214136
>implying being a man who literally runs on testosterone is a bad thing
Nu-males, when will they learn.
>>
>>18213638
Jogging is horrible on the knees. Either go running or take brisk walks. Walking at a fast pace has the same benefits as jogging. And don't run on hard surfaces, unless you're training for a marathon, Aldo bad on the knees.
/thread
>>
>>18213638
This look like a fucking advertising. Also
>because it helps better and develop you as a person
Yeah, running I will develop my personality, jesus christ.

Also this >>18213643
How running 30 fucking minutes will make your job better waged, your closest ones less shitty and whatever is not related to run in life better?

Tip: That would be like 99% in life
>>
>>18214367
I'm not shitposting, it is just the way you said it drove me off for some reason.
>>
>>18214367
I almost feel sorry for you for being this pessimistic and simple minded. Yeah no shit running or working out does not mean you're quality of life will increase based solely on those two additions.

Typically people that work out or stay fit do more than just exercise to achieve that goal. They have good diets, and eating healthy foods is proven to effect your mood and well being. They have structured routines built around their diets and exercise. Having routines keeps you busy and doesn't let your mind wander. People that work out also are typically students of their hobby and tend to research and educate themselves constantly in order to better achieve their fitness goals. Just these simple changes to your lifestyle can have an impact on other aspects of your life. Being in good shape can also boost someone's confidence and self image. Will running and working out magically fix your problems? Fuck no, but making a lifestyle change and sticking to it can help to fix your problems. It's better than doing nothing to improve your life and it's proven fact that working out and running can help improve most people's lives. I said most people because yeah their are exceptions but by an large exercise helps improves a lot of lives because it means a lifestyle change.
>>
>>18214384
>>18214367
you sound stressed

you can read the many responses that explain why your type of mindset is counter productive, and how I never claimed it was a magic bullet but said it would put you in a better position to deal with life

as a side note, glad to see my threat fall into chaos lol
>>
>>18214410
I've been doing all of that for more than a year, gf included. I still think it doesn't help. Also, I love how your entirely point is "you change your physical being and look good, so everything ends up going well". Fucking amazing, advicing people going into a stereotyped body type, so they can be like everyone else instead of research some kind of ulterior understanding. That's why it doesn't sound good to me from you.

>>18214412
I know a change of mindset can improve a life better, but if you entirely point is
>YEAH RUN BOI PEOPLE SAID'S FUCKING GOOD BOE
Yeah, I'm not buying it. I'm on a diet, working out and having a job, from time to time, like, let's say, 60 to 100% of the last 3 years. My mindset didn't change at all, it got worse, if even.
>>
>>18214428
no my point is

>consider running if you dont want to be a miserable shit head that needs to use /adv/ because a lack of confidence

and for some reason you seem to have a weird resistant to just taking what I say at face value

hey, i do my best to help but its not my decision to make
>>
>>18214443
>consider running if you dont want to be a miserable shit head that needs to use /adv/ because a lack of confidence
So, your point is that we should run to not do what you did? You came to /adv/, made a thread about HOW FUCKING GOOD IS TO RUN, then you're saying I'm not taking what you say as you want to mean, and put that there.

Yeha, sure mate.
>>
>>18214452
Just in case, because I know you can try to do it
>made a thread about HOW FUCKING GOOD IS TO RUN

You needed for some reason to tell the world how great is running because you do it and "you're better than before". That's
>that needs to use /adv/ because a lack of confidence
>>
Running is actually super hard on the body. You're better off doing stamina training on bicycle and sprints on a treadmill.

Take care of your joints, man.
>>
>>18214428
>works out for a year orso
>thinks that's an actual lifestyle change
Do I have to tell you how your opinion on the matter doesn't count then? A year is fucking nothing. You don't get to shit on healthy living because you've barely scratched the surface.

Looking good naked is usually what most people want to achieve... We're vain creatures and we covet good looks. I never said getting fit would solve people's problems but it sure as hell helps to give them the tools necessary to get there.

Again you come off as an incredibly pessimistic asshat.
>going into a stereotyped body type
This statement just comes off as asspained jealousy. Deep down inside you are not happy. Sucks for you bro.
>>
File: SAINT-GERMAIN-CHELA-PICTURE.jpg (10KB, 234x313px) Image search: [Google]
SAINT-GERMAIN-CHELA-PICTURE.jpg
10KB, 234x313px
>>18213638
>>
>>18214468
How quick you fell into >implying I'm impressed.
>works out for a year orso
Said more than a year, this winter I will be doing it 3, to be accurate.

>Do I have to tell you how your opinion on the matter doesn't count then?
What? Are you coming with a certificate of running for 20 years? Fuck off then with that kind of lanes.

>Looking good naked is usually what most people want to achieve...
>implying
Fucking again. You don't only though that for whatever the god damn reason, everybody should need to know how good is to run (despite >>18214460 actually it fucks the knees without the propper advice) That's not the reason or the push you get to give this kind of "advice"

>This statement just comes off as asspained jealousy. Deep down inside you are not happy. Sucks for you bro.
You can't imply harder, bitch. I had GF the time I got fatter, and still it wasn't an issue. you impled about your own imply. Maybe people want more than look "sexy" or "be happy" just because their bodies are which TV tells them it should be.

You didn't come with a single good explained point since I call you out. I didn't do it with that sight on mind but I knew something was off and now I can see it.
>>
>>18214455
nah i thought it would just be helpful for someone to hear this and my fb feed is full of people who want to believe depression is this big monster that cant be overcome

its funny all this effort and time youre putting into this thread could be a nice jump start to you starting some sort of exercise beyond tapping keys
>>
>>18214572
Right now I'm going to gym From Monday to Friday from 2 to 3 hours daily. It is also almost 5am. Should I explain more from my routine to you, delusional anon?
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.