[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is self-education a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: петрик сам.png (94KB, 187x251px) Image search: [Google]
петрик сам.png
94KB, 187x251px
I've almost finished first year of college in medicine and I don't really like it. Almost every day I stumble upon videos/posts/articles with one common line : "Follow your passion, it's your life". Still, I'm pretty sure if I stay here I will succeed and be better-than-average doctor. People around me mostly aren't very smart.

Should I then start studying IT? Currently I'm very interested(and always have been, since when I remember myself), but have only superficial knowledge in math, programming, machine learning and AI.

And if I should, here's the pile of shit: I don't want to attend any uni I can pay for.I mean, I would like to attend any of the good ones, but I barely can afford myself anything above 10k$ and even this may not be an option.
These are why I don't want to attend local college:
1. I honestly think colleges in my country are soviet-style shit. Maybe that's wrong for technical ones, because I have friends who study there and they seem to like it.
2. I can't attend it unless I pass a special test together with highschool students(spring 2018!) because by the next year my own certificate will be outdated(valid only for 2 years)
3. I will have to study what I don't need. Also exams and so on .

Also one of the reasons I want to get in IT because I want to get out of this shithole. There are good and smart people, but they are by far a minority. My "dream" is US.

Am I retarded for even thinking I could handle all the studying myself? Will I get btfo by asians and indians? Will I work in cubicle for the rest of my life?

Here goes meme tier information about me:
blue-eyed white male
136 IQ in online test
top 5% score when attending my current uni.
doctor family
>>
File: 1490588454985.jpg (341KB, 1129x1456px) Image search: [Google]
1490588454985.jpg
341KB, 1129x1456px
I was told that I should first get a degree in medicine which will take 7 years and then I can do whatever I want.

But this means I will be 25. It can be too late. And by this time i would have spent 7 most productive years of my life, a lot of money and potential to emigrate, because as far as I know old people are not accepted and I won't be able to work as a doctor anywhere except my country.
>>
read Serg lang "Basic Mathematics" if u liked it,
then yeah from my POV u have a potential to be a someone great in the future.
>>
>>18212900
>blue-eyed white male
>136 IQ in online test
>top 5% score when attending my current uni.
>doctor family

Oh my thats a lot of priviledge..
Technically you can't fail, even if you do.
>>
File: masha.jpg (71KB, 640x516px) Image search: [Google]
masha.jpg
71KB, 640x516px
Please help me. What would be the best way to make a career in AI?
btw I think I can get into local college for free if I will spend one year preparing for exams.

>>18213677
what do you mean by this?
>>
seems nobody wants to answer me or/and don't know what to answer.
I am still going to bump a few times.
>>
>>18215723
Hmm I dunno, maybe studying Computer Science would help...
>>
>>18212900
Self-education is a meme, unless: you immediately apply the knowledge at work; or cooperate in learning with a group of people you already knew IRL.
>>
>>18212900
Self study for IT is definitely NOT a meme. In fact, there are two serious downsides to being in IT: having to be available to work at any time of day or night in case of an emergency, and the constant self-study you must to do through your entire career.

Want a raise? Study for more certs. Has it been 3 years? Study to re-certify. Want to specialize in an area? Study for more certs. Want to head the IT department? Study for a degree. Self study is integral to the career.
>>
>>18216403
Follow ur draems

I don't want a mclife
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.