[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why am I so shy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2178.jpg (370KB, 599x902px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2178.jpg
370KB, 599x902px
All the other male athletes at this college are confident around women and shit

I hold the bench press record among all of them and it's like I don't even want to be seen

I'm tired of letting girls that like me slip away just because I'm too shy reee
>>
>>18212786
You see, it is because other athlethes doesnt roid as hard as you, so their balls are still somewhat working and giving them confidence.

Literally man up or go fap in gym showers to find your alpha guy.
>>
who is she op?
>>
>>18213023
>roids
Nah cunt I don't have that money
>>
>>18213047
So you are just some muscled natty pussy. Good to know.

Have you found your alpha gym bro yet?

Literally man up.
>>
Damn, it's almost like the size of your chest muscles don't determine your social intelligence and confidence.

In this day and age, for most people the reason for shyness is pretty simple. They are too obsessed with their ego. They care too much about what others think about them. Talking and being open with someone will expose you to their judgement so people who are obsessed with their peers opinions will unconsciously avoid social contact, especially with strangers. Hence, the shyness.

So if you manage to stop giving a fuck about other peoples opinions you'll most likely cure your shyness. That's a lot harder than it sounds though. The simplest solution here is practice. Throw yourself in social situation, no matter how scary they are and be completely honest. Don't try to impress, don't play a role, just say whatever you feel like saying. You think that girl is hot? Say it. You're worried about tomorrows exam? Say it. Your asshole is hurting because of all the no homo sex you had with your buddies? Say it. Be honest and open. You have to see social interactions as a pleasant chance to interact and maybe connect with someone, not as a test. Train yourself to think that way. Force yourself to talk to strangers and then, when you're talking with them remember that you're only doing it for your own entertainment and well-being, not to prove something to them, not to be liked, not to be accepted. And, yeah, not to get laid.

(cont)
>>
>>18213180
There are also other things that would help, but they're a little more complicated. For instance, people who have strong non-social priorities are almost never shy. We've been raised to be obsessed with how others see us, which is good, to some extent, because we're social creatures and we depend on one another. But we took it too far, now we're afraid of creating any negative impression, no matter how insignificant it might be. And if your main concerns are social then this fear of creating negative impressions will drive all your social interactions. But, if you have a different kind of priority then that priority will drive your social interactions, or if that certain interaction can't affect your priorities in any way you'll have a very relaxed attitude towards the interaction. That's why, for instance people who are deeply religious and people who have very strong convictions or goals are usually not very shy.

And to extrapolate, the way you see yourself compared to your priorities tends to dominate your social interactions and sense of self worth. For instance, if you're deeply religious your confidence will be determined by how well you respect your own religion. If you see yourself as a filthy sinner you will not be very confident. Or, if you're obsess with chess you'll judge your own worth by how good you are at chess. Your priorities and interests should be things you are good at. Since you can apparently lift a lot maybe you should get more involved into the bodybuilding/powerlifting scene.
>>
>>18213206
Good post, anon. Made me think.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.