[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help - my 8-year-old's browsing history!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0165.jpg (45KB, 386x410px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0165.jpg
45KB, 386x410px
We bought our 8-year-old a phone so that he can keep in contact with his bio-mom because she makes our life hell. He also plays games like Pokémon and slitherio on there, which is all fine. Well, recently he downloaded Snapchat which I deleted and told him not until he's older. He "secretly" downloaded it AGAIN the other night. So, I just went to delete it off his phone. Then went looking around his phone to see what he's up to on there. Well, I'm already unhappy to see excessive cursing in his texts with his friends, then on his Chrome browser was "pussys" searched in xxx.videos which led to all other kinds of videos!!!

Uhhhhh I have no idea what to do! He's only 8-years-old!! Any andvice? I'm thinking about asking Mike (his Dad) to talk to him when he gets home from work. Then limiting his phone usage to when he's in the living room only. I understand little boys curiousity with girls, but holy hell! Those videos were way too wild for a boy to see. Sigh.....

Any ideas? What do you think you would do/say?
>>
File: 20170305_101822.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170305_101822.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
it's time for the dad to talk with them, and don't leave condoms out of the picture, it's gonna suck, but just know this happens far too often, i saw a group of 8 yr olds talking about eating pussy blew my mind. now days kids are VERY easily sexualized by the internet. It's easy for them to look up anything they like. Try to explain to him that it's normal curiosity and he's not a weirdo, although he may feel weird cause his parents found out. just whatever you do don't do anything abusive verbal or physical.

"We are all mammals with carnal instincts, It's how we handle those instincts that make us human." E.L.R.
>>
>>18212378
Teach him a lesson with your huge black strap-on
>>
>>18212378

First of all i'm not a parent, so what I say is opinionated and hypothetical. (Also english second language)

What's happened already happened. There's no changing that right? So unfortunately he's already gained premature knowledge.

Moving forward, you should educate him on the social aspects about why that is adult material and also that it's against the law. It's not like he suddenly discovered sex and it's the end of the world. Understanding is a very complicated process that is impossible for him to fully grasp until his adolescent years. This way he'll also gain some information about why you're prohibiting him from certain activities. You can't just do things without giving reason because that only serves to nurture curiosity. In the ever evolving day and age we progress to, it's a double edged sword that children easily learn anything quicker and earlier. We have to accept that and give our own input in the mix so they can formulate and follow your guidance
>>
>>18212398
Thanks for the advice, I guess it's going to be a nice, awkward evening around here, haha. Great quote!
>>
>>18212378
First, you need to activate the parental controls on his phone to be age apprpropriate.
Second, and this is very important: do NOT make a big deal out of the pussy stuff. You could fuck up his sexuality for life.
The big deal is not respecting the limit you set.
Tell him the stuff he was looking at is "for grownups", and leave it at that.

t.parent of 13yo boy
>>
>>18212378

Get him a basic use flip phone.
All carriers still have these models for precisely this reason.
You fucked up by being the typical naive parent that assumes an 8 year old is ready for the internet.
Now that he's had free access there's no fixing him but you can at least prevent it from escalating by cutting him off.

Honestly, giving a child a smartphone without parental blocks, you might as well be giving him a ride to the redlight district. God knows what he's seen.
>>
>>18212378
Take back the phone and give him a basic no-internet phone just for talking to his mother on.
>>
File: 1490823710219.gif (454KB, 150x199px) Image search: [Google]
1490823710219.gif
454KB, 150x199px
Why are you on 4chan?
What possible misguided reason has lead you here?
Why are you asking this place for advice on parenting, are you that unfit to handle a child?
Who let you handle a human being?
You need to call the right now and tell them you are unfit for this task.

This is why gays shouldn't be allowed to adopt
>>
>>18212445
He'll still be exposed to it when he's with his friends who have smartphones.
>>
>>18212460
Less of an issue
>>
Parents have to talk to him. Let him know its ok, dont suppress or tell him its wrong. Maybe look at soft core stuff like bikini babes and such as a young kid.

If you tell him; its wrong, jesus is watching, you'll go to hell for that, its a sin. Or if you beat him for it he'll repress it and then as an adult blow up, sleep with married women, sleep with loose women, do some very terrible things with some shady women.

Im speaking about myself here. Being raised catholic wrapped my perceptions on sexuality
>>
>>18212378
Also, you don't know that he watched the whole videos.
He may have been curious for a moment, then grossed out. Don't jump the gun, and don't worry too much. It's not the end of the world: kids see stuff.
Just fix the situation (i.e. his access), and explain to him it's for grownups.
Respect & protect his innocence.

t. same parent again
>>
>>18212452
This.

>>18212485
>Parents have to talk to him. Let him know its ok
I disagree, if you don't raise your kids the internet will and the internet is full of utter depravity.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.