[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my fear of choking is starting to affect my life everyone is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: water.jpg (27KB, 510x498px) Image search: [Google]
water.jpg
27KB, 510x498px
my fear of choking is starting to affect my life

everyone is afraid of choking right? i have choked a lot in my life and on 2 occasions i was sure i was going to die but i did not. these days i usually choke mayybe once aevery few months/ maybe 2 a year. but usually im still caughing so im not too scared. now when i eat i am hesitant to swallow but i can do it. liquids on the other hand are almost impossible for me to swallow i will drink a tera spoon and still swallow 2-3 times divided up. i looked it up and most swallowing disorders are due to physical conditions like cancer or als. this doesnt feel physical at all. it just a mental thing i think. i think it will pass with time but who knows. this happened about 5 months ago and lasted about a week then went away. for some reason it came back to me a few days ago. if anyone has any tips or input its appreciated very much

im so thirsty
>>
>>18212086
Why won't you see a doctor that will check if you're really okay?
>>
>>18212086
What I would do to fight an unreasonable fear is to fighting fire with fire. I'd drink as much as I can with big gulps, even if my brain doesn't want to. But that needs a lot of willpower.
>>
>>18212091
cuz im scared to get my blood drawn. but its probably worth it to go
>>
>>18212103
So you're also scared of needles? What are you afraid of too?
>>
>>18212101
ive been trying this a little but it REALLY hard. now im scared i have cancer or something. fuck. i cant swallow totally fine though if there i nothing in my mouth. zero trouble doing that so maybe thats a good sign?
>>
>>18212105
i dont mind getting shots or anything but blood work is tough for me as it is for most i assume
>>
>>18212109
Err no? In my whole entourage, I only know one person that's afraid of needles and no one has a problem with blood.
Closing your eyes when they take blood isn't enough?
>>
>>18212107
Holy fuck are you scared of everything?

Yes go to a doctor. A therapist. Find out why you have so many phobias, might be undiagnosed or untreated severe anxiety disorder
>>
>>18212086

I had this problem really bad as a kid, and I think it's linked to anxiety, or general anxiety disorder. My parents wouldn't "allow me" to be diagnosed with any anxiety disorders or depression, so I wasn't allowed to go to the doctor for it, but with the benefit of hindsight I think that's what it was. Alcohol soothed my general anxiety as I got older, and a lot of this fear faded.

I would go to a doctor and explain this feeling, it probably IS all mental. If for whatever reason it is not possible for you to see a doctor, look up some controlled breathing exercises and see if you can dial things back.

Oddly, for me, liquid was never the problem, but good luck anon.
>>
>>18212107
You seem like you worry way too much. This is probably psychological since you had the same problem 6 months ago. If I were you I'd go step by step. Put some water in your mouth, wait until it blends with saliva and swallow. Higher the dose until you can drink normally. Don't expect to do it in a day, it's like learning piano or something, practise 10 minutes everyday until you make it.
But try to see a doctor just in case, it will reassure you that you're totally fine.
>>
>>18212125
i do have anxiety so that could be part of it. when im a little drunk the problem almost goes away completely
>>
>>18212120
i shouldnt have even mentioned this. ive had blood work done around 20 times because of kidney problem. i can do it but thats just what came to mind when you asked why i havent gone yet. ill just go
>>
>>18212127
hopefully it will be gone in a few days. today was easier so maybe its fading. if it persists i will take your advice and go to a doctor
>>
>>18212133

Yep, sounds like it. My "choking feeling" as I've called it all of these years gets worse when I'm on a big date, or a big interview. It's what made me realize it's all anxiety based.

I bet a low level sliver of Xanax would wash away all of your problems with this issue.
>>
>>18212086
Had the same issue last year, lasted for months. Mine started with a fear of choking on food and later switched to drinking issues. Lost a lot of weight. I even had trouble swallowing saliva.

Went to a psychiatrist and was given antidepressants and benzodiazepines. There was a massive improvement within 2-3 days of taking benzos and the antidepressants did the rest.
>>
>>18212138
i have a date tomorrow and im pretty nervous. i think i will be fine if i just dont drink too much liquid. i will definitely go to the doctor if it lasts another week
>>
>>18212143
wow so im not the only one. ill give it a tiny bit more time to see if i improve otherwise i will make an appointment in a week or two
>>
>>18212086
I don't think it's normal to choke as often as you do. I've choked twice in my entire life, and that was my fault for eating far too fast. There may be a physical issue causing your choking, even though it doesn't feel like it.

It's also not normal to worry about choking. When you see a doctor for possible physical issues they will probably refer you to a therapist if you tell them about your anxiety.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.