[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My marriage has been strained for a long time. After years of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Jerk-name-tag.png (76KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Jerk-name-tag.png
76KB, 500x400px
My marriage has been strained for a long time. After years of sex issues, we finally went to therapy and my wife decided she was asexual. This caused a lot of friction becuase I had trouble accepting it.

But for the last few months, I feel like I've accepted it. And it's changed how I feel about my wife. I still care about her, but it's not really as my wife, more like an incredibly close friend. So i stopped making any type of sexual advances on her, which I think she liked at first. But I also don't feel the same need to please her, so I'm more honest on when I want my time or don't want to do something she's suggested.

I think she's felt the tension, because earlier tonight she offered to have sex, and I know how hard that is for her to even say. But I was in the middle of an online test for school so I kind of blew her off. On one hand I feel like I should apologize, she is still my wife and made an offer (however insincere). But at the same time, I don't feel that urge to make things right like I used. What should I do?
>>
You're not obligated to drop what you're doing and fuck her, don't apologise.

Also if she initiated sex then she's not asexual, lol.
>>
Talk to her about it and not us. Why aren't you discussing this with her? She needs to know how you feel about this shit.
>>
>>18211207

She didn't do it because she wanted sex. She did it as an olive branch I think.

>>18211208

After six months of therapy I feel like I've said all I have to say to her about this. I'm not going to apologize because I don't think I did anything wrong. It shouldn't be my fault that if she wants to have an asexual relationship that my feelings towards her change.
>>
>>18211201

well, you now realize that the real reason we do things isn't for love so much as for sex. we still love the person, but remove sex from the equation and suddenly you're actually just equals. and a lot of women don't like that.

I doubt your wife was ever actually asexual. Women tend to grow tired of sex with the same man because the man tends to stop trying to make it interesting once things settle down. as a result she just doesn't feel strong sexual urges and interprets that as asexuality.

if a new man chased her she'd probably feel the urges again, and even you could rekindle that spark with enough effort.

unfortunately you guys are in a fucked up situation. she thought she could have this lifestyle without giving sex. i feel really fucking misogynistic talking like this, but when you boil this situation down to its basic form, this is whats happening. She realized that not having sex means she doesn't get special treatment anymore and she wants it back (and frankly, who wouldn't).

i think the big thing you need to do here is decide what you want out of this. would ou have sex with her again if not for that you were busy? if so you should just respectfully decline and say ;this is an important test, but I am always willing afterward;. seeing as the moment has passed all you can do is apologize if you do want to have sex again.

but that kinda just proves me point, we give special attention to women for sex, not really for romance.
>>
>>18211217
OK, then why are you asking us for advice if you've made up your mind about how to handle it?

It sounds like you should get divorced but you don't want to.
>>
>>18211224

Oh I want a divorce. I asked for one at the end of six months of therapy but the therapist recommended we try to adjust for awhile and see if we could find something that works. So I'll probably bring it up again. I just hate it because we have kids, and honestly for most of our life things are fine. We care about each other and work well together as parents.
>>
>>18211240
Yeah, but you can still care about her and be good parents as divorced people.

So do that, man. If you've come to terms with her, tell her you appreciate her offer and don't want to fuck her because you want a divorce to fuck someone else (I assume) because that's what you want. You don't have to feel guilty about that shit, that's reasonable. There's no virtue in staying together just to do it, or just for the kids.
>>
She decided to come out as assexual to you and a therapist. Why the hell would you feel bad for not attending to a need she openly says she doesn't have??? She brought this uppon herself, there shouldn't be anything there to fix, and if there is, it is between her a multiple sessions with a shrink.

Also I honestly hope you're getting some on the side. If she can dissossiate sex from love as in you don't need the first to have the second, she should accept that the other way around is also true. She's assexual, you're not.
>>
>>18211250
This. Divorce is probably the healthiest thing you can do since you'll probably stay on good terms and both still be in your kids lives.
>>
>>18211201
ill fuck her for u faggot
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.