[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm so damn depressed. How can I feel better without medication?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: effreboot.gif (682KB, 540x219px) Image search: [Google]
effreboot.gif
682KB, 540x219px
I'm so damn depressed.

How can I feel better without medication?
>>
File: sensiblechuckle.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
sensiblechuckle.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>18211095
Fitness.

That's it. Get blood flowing through regular cardio three times a week. Lift weights and build muscle three times a week. Sleep often, eat healthy foods.

Being fit will balance your chemistry out and you will feel happier. You will also look better and feel better which makes you happier. You will fit in nicer and more attractive clothing so you will be happier. If you watch funny videos on Youtube you will not help but chuckle, if not for a little while.
>>
>>18211095
Is it you from earlier?
Same answers bub

If you have hypothyroidism (which is very serious for more reasons than depression) or a chemical issue that actually causes your depression, drugs are a must. Its just reality. No drugs, no life. End of story.

Otherwise, most of the time its caused by your health (eating bad, poor sleep, lack of exercise, shitty job, social problems, no accomplishments etc..) and you need to get all that on track. Drugs can help A LOT here but in these cases you dont need them if you can get yourself going.

Talk to a doctor. Not /adv/. There are so many causes, some requiring drugs, some not, and no one here knows you.
>>
>>18211230
I'm pretty sure I'm just depressed because I'm a failure who doesn't deserve better.
>>
>>18211294
Yup. You're depressed alright.

Exercise and diet mah nigga
>>
>>18211383
How do I start getting exercise in?

Walk to McDonald's?
>>
؜>>29841788

Idk lol
>>
>>18211095
Get a lot of sun, eat healthier, get exercise, do some social bonding over an activity, sleep 8 hours, low dose 5-htp, get invested in an interest something you can feel good about. It may sound overwhelming, but every thing you do and every step you make is a step towards feeling better.

>>18211491
Walk to the store and pick up some ingredients to make your own food. You'll feel good having made something you enjoyed. Do pushups and crunches until you can't do anymore. Think of the feeling after you are done doing as many of them as you can.
>>
>>18211529
Well, my family has been pestering me to make them that Mulan McDonald's sauce. I may do it, for ma.

Maybe after a trip to the library??
>>
>>18211491
Going to the gym isn't a magical fix all cure, but it will teach you that good things come in time and to be content with that. Lot's of decent gyms have 15-20$ a month memberships. Also your not being descriptive enough, what is it you do? WHY are you a depressed looser? Also do you know what being depressed means other then being sad? To depress someone doesn't mean to just to tell someone they're worthless. It also means to literally push something downwards, what wants and needs are you ignoring on the daily? Why do you ignore them? You need to stop "depressing" those desires so to speak. and remember when your going to do something do not for christ sake think, IM GOING TO DO THIS OR IM A FAILURE. Instead know that you will you begin to start putting effort into getting what you want. The difference between the two lines of thought is that the first is something a man would say in his final moments, the second is something someone would think if they have a whole life ahead of them, which you do OP.
>>
>>18211594
I'm a failed illustrator. Broke up with gf, moved back in with my parents. Currently looking for a new joj.
>>
>>18211574
Tell off your family for being memelords.
>>
Hey does anyone have any stories about going on medication for depression and how it helped them?

Or just anything related?

Also, do you guys think that depression can be genetic?
>>
>>18211383
Kek
>>
>>18211294
deserving stuff is a myth and doesn't mean anything
find an IRL hobby club or something like that, go there, get passionnate about something and make friends on the way.
>>
>>18211574
>that Mulan McDonald's sauce
K E K
E
K
>>
؜>>18211574
This guy
>>
>>18211095

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKkazr8M-n4
>>
>>18212459
I used to be this way about illustration. Now I fucking hate it.
>>
>>18211574
I asked the liquor store for plum sake, but he had no idea.
>>
>>18211095

run, just like i said to the suicide wanker. run as much as you can, the body will take care of the rest. if after a couple weeks, you're still depressed, see a doctor.
>>
>>18213008
I ended up eating french fries instead. I feel ashamed,
>>
see

>>18213638
>>
>>18211294
Read "Feeling Good". It basically cured my anxiety and made me pretty good at managing my emotions/thoughts. The book is specifically focused on depression, so it should be pretty helpful for you.
>>
>>18213681
I can give it a try, senpai.
>>
>>18211837
thanks For da replies
>>
>>18214596
Lmao.

My mom is on depression meds and it seems to help a lot. She doesn't want me to have them.
>>
>>18211095
Add mindfulness/meditation. Best way to get high without drugs!
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.