[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bitter about my future, can't pin why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1418115374584.gif (17KB, 385x239px) Image search: [Google]
1418115374584.gif
17KB, 385x239px
I'm very bitter about relationships and kids, and I can't really figure out why. I don't dislike women at all, so that's not it. And I'm a friendly person with diverse hobbies, a solid career, and his life on the right path, with plenty to offer.

I've been in relationships before, but I just feel like I'm never going to meet anyone that offers me everything I want, and it's not worth trying to compromise. Without that relationship, kids won't happen, and even then, I don't really want to commit my resources to kids.

This mindset has irritated my friends and especially my family, sparking an argument last night with my mom and dad about whether or not I'm just going to let myself die alone and that I'm basically throwing away my life by not trying anymore.

Is my bitterness fixable? Is there a way to calm my friends and parents and just keep being this way?

I've been on 2 or 3 dates since my last relationship ended almost three years ago and they sucked. I do wish I could just have some completely unattached sex though, but even the most detached sex comes with consequence.
>>
>>18209861

are you BITTER about your future or just comfortable being single?

look if you're single and miserable about it, then it probably is worth trying to compromise despite what you say.

that being said, if you are happy being single and dont really mind, then theres nothing wrong with that. not everyone wants to date, and not everyone wants to settle down, and its okay to be in the middle, having flings here and there but not jumping on any girl who is willing to settle for you like the rest of the masses tend to do.

the problem here is that you seem to be talking about it rather often if your parents and friends are irritated. if you're happy being single there is no reason to talk about it too often, and especially not in a bitter way.

but from what it sounds like you do want all those things and are just being whiny about the costs.

figure out which it is and take the lesser of the 12 evils.

if you are super fine being single but people just bring it up and force a talk about it, then that is your cross to bear. unfortunately there is no perfect life and no matter what you do, there is going to be some consequence. a consequence for single people is others often telling them they need to date, and often being left alone when those who do date end up with less time for platonic friends.

the best you can do is seek out like minded males for long term friendships and simply don't engage when people want to talk about how you are going to 'die alone'.

frankly theres nothing really wrong with dying alone imo.
>>
>>18209870

Well, all of my friends and my parents knew me as "that guy" who always wanted a relationship or was always talking about girls, or was always dating girls, or always had something going on with a girl that I could talk about, to suddenly a complete, grinding, halt. It's not that I talk about it a lot, it's just the absence of it from my life that's so sudden for people. And it's not like I stopped finding women attractive.

So like, it's weird for my friends who go out with me and we'll be like "oh that chick is hot," and they'll tell me to go talk to her, and I'll outright refuse - sometimes I'll go into the "you guys know I don't want to see anyone blah blah blah" conversation, but I've been trying to cut it down to just a concise "no," so I don't get accused of talking about it. But they all I know I haven't had sex in almost three years, and have made out with one girl in that time, and they have no clue why I've given up and imagine I can't be happy.

And I wouldn't say I AM happy, but also the few dates I've been on have been mediocre to bad, and have reminded me how much I hated my last relationship with every fiber of my being.

With my parents, it's more pushy and I guess I just get more aggressive. I guess everyone figures there's something deeper behind such a huge personality change.
>>
>>18209888

there is. its a pretty deep change, but that doesn't make it bad. but if you aren't happy thats probably why people are concerned.

ultimately its like i said, even if this is your ideal sitaution that makes you happy, its still your crosss to bear.

im permasingle and love it. stopped dating three years ago and feel so free. but my friends comment on it all the time. one time i just texted my friend 'IM SO LONELY SEND HELP'

and he got all smug like
>OH BEING SINGLE ISN'T ALL ITS CUT OUT TO BE HUH?

i was literally at home for the last week with strep throat and bored becuase i couldn't do anything, not because i was single.

but this is what we deal with in exchange for such freedom so its a fair trade.
>>
>>18209897

I suppose this helps. Yeah, the main thing that I love so much about single life, and the real positive after getting out of that relationship, is the freedom. No one gets mad at me for shit I say or shit my friends say, I can use my money on anything I want, I can travel where I want when I want, fart and scratch my ass in bed...

Thanks for brightening me up with the positives, if just for a minute, hah.
>>
>>18209916

i try not to let hook ups stay the night cuz i do 90% of my farting in the early hours of the day when you're just barely not asleep enough to fart.

the freedom is something i could never compromise on. i couldnt imagine having to check in every day for dinner and shit. i just eat when i want, do what i want, say what i want.

bliss.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.