[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys deal with conservative, close-minded parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

File: 897c1edd74c54e50a00d52c1e641.jpg (20KB, 285x200px) Image search: [Google]
897c1edd74c54e50a00d52c1e641.jpg
20KB, 285x200px
How do you guys deal with conservative, close-minded parents especially your mother?
>>
>>18209327
Same way parents deal with libtarded, entitled children
>>
>>18209327
Same way you deal with a close minded liberal cuck. Don't pick fights and don't prolong them. Grin and bear with the bullshit when you're outnumbered. You live your way, they live theirs. Enjoy the mutual interests and just excuse yourself from the things you disagree with. If you can't manage that, then life is going to suck when you see new things and meet different people.
>>
>>18209327
You first have to remember that those conservative and close-minded thinking have to come from somewhere either from experiences or anecdotes, or old wives' tale. If it came from your parents there must be good intention/reason behind those.

Dealing with with difference between you and parents always involve you trying to understand where they're coming from and try to present arguments with cold hard facts without trying to prolong the confrontation which will make it too emotional.
If you're dealing with something subjective or maybe something unprovable with cold hard facts, you need to agree to disagree and go on with your life.
>>
>>18209327
you can easily deal with the conservative parents u speak of. just fuckin gkill yourself. we dont need more faggot libs like you. kys. if my kids turn out to be faggot cuckcs like you ill push for them to either kill themselves or have them locked up so they cant vote. no more faggot immigrant loving libs like you OP. blow your fucking brains out you piece of muslim loving filth faggot
>>
>>18209332
>Same way parents deal with libtarded, entitled children
Can you be more specific?

>>18209337
I'm past her politics and religions stuff, she quit after I [[[[Don't pick fights and don't prolong them. Grin and bear with the bullshit when you're outnumbered. You live your way, they live theirs. Enjoy the mutual interests and just excuse yourself from the things you disagree with.]]]] did that.

Mother wants me to take over the family's 50 year old business, but I want a more 'modern' type of business.
>>
>>18209341
She's a rich spoiled cupcake princess according to my past grandmother. She married dad because dad used to be a famous local soccer player. Though, I could say she's rich and hard-working despite being a widow.

>>18209344
How did I become a liberal faggot? Is it because of the OP pic?
>>
>>18209327
My mom is pretty normal beyond Islamophibia and obsession about the evil Ruski, when it comes to that topics, I just repeat couple facts until she shuts up and/or changes the topic.

My granny is much worse and basically the Jewish Trump but less orange. I tried talking to her as if she were a normal person and it didn't work so now I just smile and nod along most of the time. If I am really bored and/or drank enough, I let her run couple circles in her own idiocy but it's pretty much like arguing with a /pol/ fag, once you debunked all of their points, they will just repeat them again.

>>18209341
>If it came from your parents there must be good intention/reason behind those.
Not really. They were indoctrinated into this shit and had no time/energy to break the brainwashing. If you grew up and lived most of your life thinking the world is flat and questioning that belief was stigmatized, most people wouldn't let evidence against it affect their thinking.

Agree with rest of what you said though.
>>
>>18209354
>but I want a more 'modern' type of business.
So adjust it after you have it? Or tell her right away that you don't want to.
>>
>>18209378
>So adjust it after you have it?
This seems to be the nearest (not easiest) solution that I have right now, but allergies due to dust and dirt of the place, the kind of people that I hate are employees in her business, closing all 9 branches, and where to sell/dump the equipment when I 'successfully' shifted to the new business.

>Or tell her right away that you don't want to.
I could use its profit to save for shifting to the new business, but she will do anything to stop me from saying no.
>>
>>18209354
>I want a more 'modern' type of business
Do you have any understanding of business at all?
Do you have an idea for a business?
Where are you in your schooling?

I don't know why you would turn down the opportunity to run a well established business. Imagine what you could learn and the experience you could gain, this would help you start a second, more modern business, in the future. You will also have something to fall back on if your business venture doesn't work out the first time.

Be smart, and be grateful that your parents trust you with this opportunity.
>>
Enact some of that famous "tolerance" liberals are always talking about.
>>
>>18209492
Tolerance in face of intolerance doesn't work.
>>
>>18209503
Intolerance in face of intolerance doesn't work.
>>
>>18209520
There aren't many other ways to deal with intolerance beyond education. Being tolerant towards intolerance is the same as approving it.

Now where to draw the line, that's a complicated question.
>>
>>18209520
Nice double standard, goal post mover
>>
>>18209327
Moving away and never calling
>>
>>18209535
>directly addresses argument
>MUH GOAL POSTS MUH STANDARDS
get a life
>>
>>18209539
Wow so tolerant and progressive
>>
>>18209531
This is correct and I would go so far as to say the first step before education can take place is communication
Until people take a chance to understand where the other side is coming from, no progress can be made
>>
>>18209542
Sadly you can't communicate with shitlibs
>>
>>18209541
shut up
>>
>>18209548
That isn't what this is about, the same could be said for conservatards

The whole point is to take the conversation away from the far edges, and bring it toward the middle where people are willing to be reasonable and compromise.
>>
>>18209550
Damn I guess the tolerance preached by the left doesn't exist. Bunch of hypocrites
>>
>>18209555
Compromise is made from the extremes as opening bids. If you start from the middle you get incremental libtardism like we've been doing for centuries. No more, no compromises
>>
File: image.jpg (443KB, 375x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
443KB, 375x1600px
>>18209555
Nope. That's creeping incrementalism
>>
>>18209327
I just used to make my mom cry and get into literal fistfights with my dad and brothers

If you don't want to hurt their feelings, be a good little boy
>>
>>18209559
This post didn't make any sense to me, and ignores the fact that most people are moderates
>>
>>18209555
When this is possible there is rarely a problem with tolerance but just different view points. Once a person reaches a certain level of intolerance they completely close down to any alternative views and no amount of understanding will do anything to affect it.
>>
>>18209559
Great, so now we just have a dysfunctional system with increasingly radicalized bases. Hope you've bought yer guns
>>
>>18209566
I probably own more guns than you.
I don't think taking away people's rights is compromise, I think that is tyranny. I consider that to be part of a different argument. Take that as you may.
>>
>>18209572
You're right, and I think the highest level of intolerance only make up a small percentage of the population. I believe most people will open up if coaxed (politely, of course)
>>
>>18209566
I still haven't heard a single argument against normal gun laws sans "BUT THEN THEY WILL TAKE AWAY OUR GUNS"

Why is it such a big deal for Muricans to let every retard have a weapon instead of a fucking license? If Jimmy Redneck doesn't get one, everyone else will be left better of.
>>
>>18209574
Works for me the right has more guns and helicopters
Time for some free rides
>>
>>18209584
Restricting the rights of those who abide by the law does not prevent criminals from breaking the law.

This is the most common argument against gun legislation and if you've never heard it, then you've never bothered to hear both sides of the debate
>>
>>18209591
>Restricting the rights of those who abide by the law does not prevent criminals from breaking the law.
Obviously not but it makes it a lot harder as you can see in every other first world country. Besides, no responsible gun owner would fail gaining a license, so their rights would be hardly restricted.
>>
>>18209584
Ah, and the oh so tolerant left rears its intolerant head
>>
>>18209599
>intolerant
You don't know what this word means.
>>
File: My dorito face when.jpg (105KB, 689x347px) Image search: [Google]
My dorito face when.jpg
105KB, 689x347px
>>18209354
>parents offering me business but I'd rsther wageslave in the city for peanuts
>>
>>18209603
Liberalism is a mental illness
>>
>>18209608
Don't I know it. Meamwhile my liberal, educated, progressive parents made no plans for me outside of
>Just get a degree
And now I'm a neet living in one of the worst areas of the country for entry level employment and career building. Lmao California.
>>
>>18209596
Who decides what people are responsible? We've already observed that the government has no problem discriminating against right wing groups by waging higher taxes against them, and the media is willing to slander anybody that doesn't conform to their narrative.

You'll also not that despite the heavy gun restrictions in Europe, the continue to suffer from violent internal attacks by other means.
>>
>>18209617
>Who decides what people are responsible?
If you go further with this paranoid thinking, you could dismantle entire civilization. Who decides that my 10 year old kid can't drive a car? Who decides that I can't do him in the butt while he's driving? Fuck that, who decides that we can't fly a plane?

>You'll also not that despite the heavy gun restrictions in Europe, the continue to suffer from violent internal attacks by other means.
Yet they are still much safer places to live. Nobody is saying that reasonable gun laws will suddenly solve all problems with violence, they will only noticeably lower them. Which isn't too bad, especially given that license =/= you can't have guns.
>>
>>18209631
Move to California. It's larger than most Euro states and has a stronger economy, and has strong gun restrictions

You can have it your way, just stay away from my guns
>>
>>18209635
Nice argument.
>>
>>18209615
You clearly had no aspirations in the first place.
>>
>>18209637
Don't know what to tell you. Different people in different places. What's best for you isn't best for all. Go live among your people
>>
>>18209637
I'll never convince you, and you'll certainly never convince me.
I don't dislike you, and your opinions are valid, as are your facts supporting them. It's just that they are incompatible with mine.
>>
>>18209651
That's a perfectly understandable stance but breaks down when it comes to analyzing the facts, since these are neither mine or yours but either true or not, and in that case, well, not facts.

Ah well, at least it was civil and an example how it can go for OP, so not even totally off topic.
>>
>>18209644
No it's just that the place I did my engineering internship had a bad year or something since they fired a hundred people (including my full time permanent offer) and that was the only place I had a chance at since everything else is retail. My folks just said
>Just keep looking
Despite there being no industry at all here.
>>
>>18209665
>engineering

yawn my dude

I'm talking authenticity shit, what you REALLY want to do. Not what is safe or stable. You're in fucking LA or San Diego and you aren't playing music or doing stand up or writing anything? Are you just not creative or what?

I'd start an r&b/funk/disco band immediately if I had a pool of people that large to draw members from. And I'd be doing stand up.
>>
File: IMG_7630.jpg (828KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7630.jpg
828KB, 1280x960px
>>18209557
>left
>right

Left and right are labels originally used to define early 1800,s politics in France.

They mean nothing nowadays
>>
>>18209559
>libtardism

If it wasn't for liberalism, there would be no 4chan for you to write this bullshit
>>
>>18209673
>everywhere in california is either la or san diego
>implying I even have a car to drive anywhere in car land
You should move here (because we all live in LA) and chase your dream. You'd definitely make at least the comedian part.
>>
>>18209659
I'd like to add one more thing. In a more rural area like mine, where gun ownership is higher than average, gun crime is in fact lower. This is a true fact.

In an densely populated area, perhaps there is more gun crime and the laws you favor have greater effect.

These are neither my facts nor yours, but both are true and affect people differently.
>>
>>18209686
>In a more rural area like mine, where gun ownership is higher than average, gun crime is in fact lower.

Maybe it's because there are less people?
>>
>>18209680
lol, your parents didn't give you a car?
>>
>>18209695
Bitch you think I'd be shitposting here if I had one? Not to come off as an entitled snot, but they make ~$200k and were bitching to me about paying a few thousand on my loans when I owe like $30k and make nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if they were part Jewish honestly.
>>
>>18209679
No one cares
>>
>>18209693
Less blacks and hispanics, yes
>>
>>18209686
Crime is a reflection of culture, not gun ownership.
It's the reason why you have a higher gun-ownership rates in some of the safest countries in the world (northern european shit), and some extremely dangerous countries where guns are banned (south american shitholes).
Guns are just an easy scapegoat.
>>
>>18209702
All the white people I know got a free car from their parents. Tell them they aren't white.
>>
>>18209717
Couldn't have said it better myself, that's what I was getting at
>>
>>18210301
And yet black-culture is off-limits for liberals.
Their (our) double-standards need to end.
>>
>>18209327
>especially your mother
Well in that case you just avoid talking about anything that would annoy her.
>>
>>18209374
>the Jewish Trump
haha, like there is any other kind
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.