[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Avoiding food as comfort

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1369.png (60KB, 500x407px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1369.png
60KB, 500x407px
Today I am beginning my new diet and exercise regimen. But I pigged out this weekend and I feel gross and look gross.

How do I get out of the mindset of eating food as comfort? Any tips or tricks? Thanks.
>>
I try keeping myself busy. Doing stuff that make the time pass by without me noticing and then wow look it's dinner time (the time you should actually eat).
>>
File: 1489260151879.jpg (132KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1489260151879.jpg
132KB, 640x640px
Just go to the gym you faggot. You will not think about food.
>>
Look for comfort in other areas, don't chastise yourself over your looks and try not to obsess over them. Just work on changing your life habits gradually, and make peace with the fact that it'll probably take half a year to reach a point where you can look yourself in the mirror and be satisfied. So avoid mirrors as a general rule, and don't weight yourself three times a day.

Just focus work, hobbies and self improving. Overall, be mindfull that you have a limited amount of self control and mental fortitude available in a day, and this diet is tapping into it, so avoid doing too many things that take discipline, you might burn yourself out and start binging like you already did.

Just keep a positive outlook and consider what's happening to you not a punishment, but your new healthy habits for the rest of your life.
>>
>>18208986
Look for pride in something else, study work hard and feel happy and emboldened by the work you put in.
Realize that these thoughts aren't really how the public may see you they are only internal allowing yourself to succumb to such cynicism is ultimately counter productive and will led you down a slippery slope.
this is your insecurity provided you went outside confident people will believe you to be.
>>
>>18208995
Hot
>>
>>18208995
Give it to me straight. Are those tits real?
>>
>>18208986
I lost 20 pounds in a month and a half by only eating 2 meals a day, the trick was I didnt eat breakfast/lunch until after 12:30.
>>
Slowly reduce your intake of food bit by bit, its' easier to wear down you gluttony one less scoop of ice cream at a time rather than dropping all forms of dessert altogether. Doing so will have you getting used to eating less than half of what you usually consume without feeling hunger.

Don't eat to the point of feeling full. Eat only until your hunger fades, not when you can't shove another drumstick down your throat.

Consume food that can suppress your desire to eat, or at least stuff that makes you feel full without having to do so. Black coffee is a good example, as well as banana.

Find another source of comfort besides food, rather, turn exercise into a form of comfort.

Don't be ashamed to start out small when working out, no one's ever gone to the gym and already bench pressing mountains on day 1. Focus more on maintaining the form of your exercise than the number of repetitions or intensity of it. Concentrate and feel the muscles involved in each exercise. No one gives a shit on what exercise you do in the gym.
u
There is no such thing as a cheat day. Having a planned pig-out is very detrimental for your diet and health because your mind knows that it only allows itself just a day of succumbing to its unhealthy desires, resulting into you overeating and maximizing that opportunity as much as possible.

Know that diet does is not equal to complete abstinence from anything delicious, it is the monitoring of what you eat and when you eat as well. Just remember; what you eat you should be able to burn it through exercise.

Read, get your mind occupied on other things such as hobbies, literature, drawing, painting. This way, your mind will be focused more on the tasks at hand rather than its desire to consume.

Reform your mindset into thinking that the reason behind your exercise and desire to overcome your eating habit is for the sake of making yourself feel better, and not because you are pressured by the people around you.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.