[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mean bride?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: wedding-rings-wallpaper1.jpg (201KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wedding-rings-wallpaper1.jpg
201KB, 1920x1200px
I'm going to my partners sisters wedding in a few months.
From what I've heard from him and his mother, she isn't very nice and has a tenancy of saying mean things/ pick out flaws.
I understand and hoping that the last thing she would be bothered to do on her wedding day is say something nasty towards me, but I want to have some advice on what I can do if she does.
This will be the first time meeting her (wedding is a plane ride away), any tips on dealing with that?

There is not really much else I can do besides smile and take it, is there?
My partners off-handedly said (as a half joke), that his sister will probably automatically hate me because I'm thinner than her.

Also on a side note: What would be a good gift to bring? First wedding I'm going to, I think knife sets, embroidered towels, crystal glassware would already be given by other people.
>>
If she says something nasty towards you just say something equally nasty back. She will respect you and leave you alone.
>>
>>18208624
That's terrible advice, that's just going to cause unnecessary drama and OP is going to look like such a bitch at this girl's wedding. Given that she hasn't met her boyfriend's sister, we can assume that she hasn't met lots of his family either, and that's going to create such a negative first impression on them too.

OP, be the bigger person and let it go
>>
>>18208616
The most important thing here is your bf's attitude. Does he told you all of that just to prepare you not to be shocked? Or he expected you to do something about that?

If he expected you to do something, he'got no control and no balls either.

Just nod and smile, op. Even if his sister or maybe the whole family is a dick bitches just smile don't give them reason or more ammo to nag at you. Be a bigger person who don't start shit if it's unwarranted.
>>
>>18208630
agreed here.

OP, does the bride have like a registry or something at bed bath beyond/ikea/etc??

Maybe you and partner can combine $$$ to get her a gift card for a place? That way she can buy whatever she wants.

On the note about her bitchiness, I think you should be prepared for a nasty word or two from her.

Whatever she says, just laugh and nonchalantly say something to the effect of, "Oh boy, you're so funny. Hope things aren't too stressful!" and then exit by either saying, "oh look there's so and so. I'm going to go say hi to them. i'll let you catch up with folks"

there's no winning with people like her.
>>
Have you never dealt with assholes in family meetings or at work ? Just nod and smile and brush it off with humor, they're like playground bullies, just fishing for a reaction so they can have power over you.

You can't go on as an adult if that sort of empty agressive statement still makes you feel insecure, you need to learn to ignore venom.
>>
>>18208624
I dont think I have it in me to do that at her wedding. If it was something more casual perhaps but not on her wedding day.
>>18208639
He told me to prepare me. He isnt worried about me saying something back I dont think.
He said if she says anything bad then hes just going to walk out and go home, but I feel like that would be very harsh. Perhaps not though, I've not had to deal with her.
>>18208643
No registry, the food is still TBA as well. I was thinking gift cards but I'm worried that it's a pretty 'meh' gift with no thought put into it.
Thank you for your advice, I hope I wont have to leave my boyfriends side. I think the brother will like me though so I hope I can stick near him.
>>18208652
Not alot, and it's different because how I act can impact for years to come. I'm just nervous because I'm pretty shy and the only people I'll know is his mother and my boyfriend.
>>
>>18208681

> it's different because how I act can impact for years to come

Yeah, but you don't have to act. Again, ignoring the venom is the correct way to go, people that act this way are usually antisocial and despised anyway, you don't need to do anything for this sort of conduct to be deemed inappropriate by people that matter.

The worst that can happen is that her words hit home on some insecurity you have, but that has nothing to do with how to react to her and everything to do with learning to deal with that insecurity.
>>
>>18208616
The only think you can do is ignore it if she says something mean to you. Laugh it off/brush it off. Avoid her for most of the wedding if you must.

DO NOT SAY SOMETHING MEAN BACK. God forbid you struck a chord or affended her, then YOU'd be the asshole for ruining her wedding day.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.