[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you see yourself as more than the role you play.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

How do you see yourself as more than the role you play. How do you reach your true inner self that lies beyond everybody else? How do you get to your core from where everything else feels easy?

Self thread.
Just realized the photo is pretty relevant as I am tend to be in conflict with myself constantly, and my solution has been to jump on the first impulse and ride that one out. I guess this applies most specifically and consistently to what I say. But enough about me,

Let's talk about self fulfillment.
Does anybody actually feel true to their very core?
>>
>>18208600
https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLFfM65xLnO-GGdbO5yYuQvaKOhG6j1Ih7&v=Bsyplaii9p4
>>
>>18208600
By playing multiple roles obviously, and generally not worrying about this shit.

>your true inner self
It doesn't exist. "You" is just a clusterfuck of external factors, previous external factors that shaped how you perceive new ones and a bit genetics sprinkled it. All this "finding yourself" crap is just navel gazing that doesn't lead anywhere.
>>
>>18208600
by not repeating the same fuckin long ass sentence both at the title and the paragraph
>>
>>18208733

+1

Leo is the man.
>>
lotsa mambo jambo here

know yourself, you are probably young so in the process of that
you get to know yourself by experiencing new things
and i dont mean drugs

i think it was about 30 when i finally understood my needs and goals, other ppl might know it earlier or later, depending on how effort their put into themsefs
>>
>>18208805
I know right! Finally someone else who knows this guy.

Everyone else I've linked these have said they can't bother to spend few hours watching videos that would help them figure out questions they have had their whole lives.

Thanks man. You really made my day.
>>
>>18208833
Not him, but as you get wiser you realise more and more that you can feed a man or show him how to catch a fish.

OP, McKenna is delightful, but you're probably looking for Alan Watts
>>
>>18208923
>you realize more and more that you can feed a man or show him how to catch a fish.
What does that mean in this context...?
I see this more like a me pointing people to a man who can teach them fishing
>>
>>18209138
It means you can either treat someone like a baby or teach them how to fend/ provide for themselves.
>>
>>18209157
Yes but why do you say that in answer to my comment regarding people who don't want to watch this video I link to them? I don't see how I'm treating them like a baby...
>>
>>18208600
I have never understood this idea of people needing to "find themselves".

I have always known who I am. That being said, I don't have a very strong idea of who I am. I know it in that I feel it, not that I label it and logically reflect on it. I feel whole. My sense of self is fulfilled because I do not try to pin it down as an identifiable sum.

I know my morals and how I think through and react to situations. I know my hobbies, talents, and preferences. I know my social groups, friends, and enemies.

But none of those things is central to your identity because those things are constantly changing and evolving. If you label yourself based on any of those things, you either limit your growth for the sake of maintaining identity, or you create an identity that is shifty and unstable.

To me, the deepest I can identify and label are my... intentions, maybe? My motivations and priorities?

At any rate, I believe that sense of self and fulfillment can only come from embracing yourself in a non-cognitive way. Spending time meditating in nature is one of the easiest ways for people to connect to this part of themselves. Clear your mind and just feel your existence in the world.
>>
Simply put, yes.

I watched that "Leo" video for the first time and now I just know what those hours of time he talks about were for.

What fucks with the inner me is boredom. Always has, this shit experience is just that and it's not really inspiring enough to want to make more out of it.
>>
>>18209211
I'm >>18208923
Not >>18209157

Just my clumsy way of agreeing with you. A lot of people don't want to invest a few hours in something that potentially could save them years of worry and sorrow. You can feed them fishes again and again (giving the same advice over and over on this board,) or you can teach them (turn them on to ways of actually discovering themselves, and learning how to research on their own.) I suspect most will return to ask, rather than listen in the first place. But I'm a tad cynical when it comes to people.
>>
>>18209646
That being said, different methods work for different people.

In my adult years I find it less and less interesting to engage in any roles, and see myself as a default polite/zen person. I fluctuate in most fields, between introvert and extrovert, according to my surroundings, much like how cats always know where to sit.

Identity doesn't interest me that much. Our true self resides in emptiness, and when a thought does not arise; how can there be anything wrong
>>
to know your 'self' requires a lot of knowledge and learning about the 'self' for you to truly 'know' and embody it.

even i feel unsure when typing about this.

but basically the 'self' is not actually what you know as 'you'. its not your body, nor your mind. but its actually everything, in the whole universe, through time. every action that anyone has taken is part of you. the entire environment is part of you.

more importantly, what i think you are asking in your question,
is why do i have inner conflict?

now i dont know anything about you but i can tell you that the reason you feel conflicted is because your rational mind is wanting do something while your emotional core wants something else.
a basic example are people that want to lose weight but dont end up going to the gym or going on a proper diet.
whats happening here is that logically, they want that attractive and healthy body for themselves, but in front of them is a wall, and that wall is comfort, they dont want to break the wall of comfort and do the long term exercise and diet.

this is 99% of people to varying degrees. your goal should to let your rational mind become your 'core', not your emotions. that is when you feel aligned with your inner 'self' and wont experience conflict. logic should be your core value.

Now this is not to say you should become some kind of emotionless robot or machine. Its more about understanding and being aware of the emotions that you have. Knowing that the emotions you have now were survival mechanisms in the caveman days, and that society has evolved a million times faster then our bodies could even dream of evolving.
When you can understand your emotions and why you are feeling them, you are giving your rational mind more control, because you are feeding it information to use and make decisions.

its late and im ranting. if you want to learn more check out the makingsense reddit or athene realtalk podcasts on soundcloud

gnight
>>
>>18209715
in reply to OP>>18208600
>>
>>18208600
Lsd
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.