[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homelessness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: x.png (322KB, 591x716px) Image search: [Google]
x.png
322KB, 591x716px
So in short I'm homeless in muh van. I got a minimum wage job working like 20 hours. I'm ok with this honestly, but obviously need a bit of help. Got a $30 phone bill so i can call jobs and get interviews so not hopeless. What can a guy do
>>
>>18208448
Get a job, if you run out of money just walk into places and ask if they're hiring. You have two legs, so you can preserve gas via walking. It's easier said than done, but I reckon there must be several dozen businesses in your area so someone has to be hiring. Doesn't hurt to ask every business that you think you're capable of working at, job doesn't need to be pretty either.
>>
Tons are hiring. Nothing more than 8 an hour. I don't even care if a job is manual labor. I do walk and try my best to preserve gas. I have food but I can only eat carbs for so long before i feel sick. I have my A+ cert but very little around here that both ask for that AND are hiring
Its silly..
Its been a month..
>>
>>18208448
Make looking for work your second job. Put in 20 hours a week hustling for a new job until you get one.

Also make sure you keep your work/interview clothes clean, and make sure you are able to take showers and shave. Are you able to do all that?

You could also look into a group living home. Most of them are sober livings and you'll be required to stay sober while you live there and get drug tested periodically, but they'll give you a bed (even if only a bunk), hot shower, ironing board, phone number, internet connection and address to use. When I went to one I was loaned dress clothes by a resident for an interview at a job another resident of the house got set up for me. They're meant for drug addicts, but they'll most likely take you because they want to get paid.
>>
Looking for a job is my job. I wake up. Go somewhere and charge my phone while browsing. I'd i find something i have some old ass laptop. I use public college gym showers so yes. I'm still technically a student. I only now just got more hours to live a bit better but a group home would ultimately waste money
>>
>>18208476
YMCA/cheapest gym membership for showers and some exercise to help time pass.

check out google and try to find local food pantries/food banks to get help with that. A lot of them also have people that can help you with other aspects of homelessness or direct you to people who can.
http://ampleharvest.org/emergency-food-assistance/

I don't know which state you're in but some of them like Massachusetts have specialized departments that can help called " Department of Transitional Assistance" with case workers that can really turn things around for you.

Stay strong out there. Your current situation may not be the best but you seem like someone with a good head on your shoulders.
>>
Are you in a big city? I just started doing ride share (Uber, lyft, etc), and I'm averaging $22/hr. Might be something to look into to help get you on your feet, but you will be outing wear & tear on your van.
>>
>>18209309
I live in texas. Yeah started looking at organizations like the food pantry and even a local church.

>>18209357
I was heavily thinking about that and I have a 96 astro van and quite frankly its runs pretty smooth. Only thing is the brakes feel a bit off but replacing the brakes pads is pretty cheap if I do it myself. That and I have almost no room in it. I have a matress that barely fits in the back (last row of seats is out, comfy) clothes are organized but take up space and survival food, suitcase, pc and stuff. I might see if I can give to a friend and try out lyft or uber. I'm assuming insurance is a must?
Also thanks for the ideas. Wish o asked earlier. Woulda saved me time researching for days and just wasting tons of time just sitting looking for shit.
Also chicks have it easy it seems. Was looking at craigslist just in case. Free rent women only. Jesus some were creepy though
>>
>>18209698
Most shelters are for women and the state usually cares for children.

All you can do is be good at your job, try for a second and save up until you can afford a nice cozy place with room mates who work.

I been there man, eating from a dumpster, it didn't stink and I got some decent food but feeling bad or sorry for yourself only holds you back, you gotta be a fucking alpha about it if you want to get a life.

Best of luck mate
>>
>>18208448
I have a lot of respect for you. It's rare these days to find people with the tenacity to keep trying to make things better for themselves.

You sound very resourceful so I know you'll make it one day.
>>
>>18208448

If you are physically fit... I recommend construction work.. So get a gym pass, work out (for bodybuild and for time to pass) and so you have access to a shower.

I will warn you, you need a place to shower as well. You will smell like a bag of dead kids everyday after work

Pros of construction:
- Learn the trade, you put in good quality work you will get the attention from other companies you need even if you are homeless and decent money maybe even twice your pay right now.
- Easier to find a job compared to office jobs and even restaurant or Mcdonalds Cuck jobs.
- You might get paid under the table, meaning in cash and no need for tax deductions and all that but this is only usually for smaller companies and in most cases illegal but it is still common.

Probably you'll start out as everyone's trash boy or bitchworker but you cant complain if you want a chance at a better life. Work your way up. Hustle. Learn. and maybe you get to supervise the crew someday.

Good luck out there.
- 2nd Year Apprentice Tradesman
(Two apprentice who works mainly under me as I mainly just direct them + $30/hr from Canada)
>>
>>18208448
Should be able to find some decent labor work in Texas OP. Unless you have some really solid friends you are leaning on right now in the area you should probably try and go where the work is, right?
>>
turn a trick if of your cute
>>
>>18210240
I've held off a bit about going for construction. I'm not a lard but I feel like I do need to build up just a tiny bit more. At the college Im focusing cardio and lifting attention least 45 minutes when im nearby, so every 2 days or so (not tryna waste gas my dude). Showers there and at friends places if nearby or if I have work or interview. Good news though I have lost about 20 pounds so das nice (178 lbs havent checked my height in a while. Just under 6' i think)
>>18210684
Wut
>>
>>18208448
In NY they have low income apartments/housing, maybe look into if they have something like that where you live?
>>
>>18210240
>a bag of dead kids
please tell me you meant something like bag of dicks and this is an autocorrect
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 700x695px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 700x695px
>>18210240
>bag of dead kids
Wut
>>
>>18208448
Food stamps
canned goods
>>
>>18211452
congratulations on the weight loss. Cardio and calisthenics are where it's at.
>>
>>18211452
Dude how much do you think you need to build to? The most common labor job description ask that you be able to move, walk, bend, reach, and lift 50 pounds. Some jobs ask that you can occasionally lift 100 pounds. If you get a construction job they will probably have you start as bring a helper of some sort. You will fetch tools, materials, hold stuff, and pick up trash. A good attitude and willingness to work and at least give effort will go a lot further than strength alone. If you can't lift a 90 lb bag of concrete it's okay, just ask for some help.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.