[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what to DO with my life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 25

File: wallhaven-222853.jpg (302KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-222853.jpg
302KB, 3840x2160px
ok adv here's the deal
i haven't held a paying job...ever...im 29 and a full time graduate student in anthropology, i live in my parents house while they're away on vacation during the school year and im just getting fat and completing my degree

i have no job prospects after my MA, and my profs aren't offering me any positions at the university...again, no job prospects... i am also completely out of shape and have NO idea what im going to do in the future for a job and how im ever going to be happy

im depressed, and i would kill myself except for my parents being sad

i have no idea what to do in life, and im 29, and i haven't done anything

i have the chance to get a phd, but i dont think theres a professorship or anything of the sort at the end of that tunnel

the only reason ive been in school this long is that my parents pay for all of it

i need a career direction i guess, some sort of purpose, but im lazy, and i have no skills/experience

help me adv, how can i find fulfillment?
>>
File: wallhaven-264437.jpg (360KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-264437.jpg
360KB, 2048x1152px
>>
File: wallhaven-484184.jpg (293KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-484184.jpg
293KB, 2048x1365px
i feel paralyzed by laziness sometimes, like, i could just sit on my ass and be content

im not super passionate about anything, i don't have one career goal in mind like when people are like "i want to be a police officer, so i took the blah blah test and im doing xyz in order to do it" or like, "i want to be a teacher so i studied a teachable major in college and got really good grades and signed up here and met this person" or whatever

the only thing i like doing really is smoking pot and playing vidya, watching movies, hiking in the woods... i taught english abroad one year, that was fun i guess

god, i feel so fucking pathetic...
>>
File: wallhaven-312003.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-312003.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
it's like i can picture stuff i want to do in my mind, but i just can't motivate to do anything "adult" like and start working/paying bills/planning a career

shit i can't even find the discipline to work out and lose this fucking weight
>>
File: wallhaven-11941.jpg (2MB, 2893x2046px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-11941.jpg
2MB, 2893x2046px
ok well look, i don't expect there to be much help here, i just want to know if it gets better, if ill ever start feeling less pathetic, that there are other people struggling to actually do something with their lives

what's the magical kick in the pants that gets my ass in gear? will i seriously graduate with a phd, no job experience and no job prospects? why do i feel so unfulfilled? why am i so god damn lazy...
>>
>>18208168
It will not get better.

You are lazy because you are not forced to try. You'rr parents babied you as a child and now they baby you as an adult. Obviously you come from a very privileged background if your parents can go on vacations, and support you so hard you go to college and have never worked a day in your life. It is your parents fault for letting you be a manchild, but at a certain point you have to take responsibility as well.

You have never struggled, so it is unlikely you would have learned appreciation or motivation to stop struggling.

Until you stop accepting help from your parents, like a handicapped child that can't cut his own steak at dinner, you will never be happy with yourself.
>>
>>18208199
>stop accepting help from your parents
that's it then yeah? cut myself off that teat
>>
>>18208100
go fuck yourself you over entitlement rich piece of shit. never worked a fucking day in your life. never worked for anything except a useless fucking degree you will have a tough time finding a position for. jokes on you faggot. so since you are so fucking lazy you are here on a shitboard looking for advice. well hey take some of that money and hgire some shitbird to tell u what the fuck to do, since you are so fucking fat and worthless u cant even do it yourself. lemme know when u find a gal to marry. ill fuck her for you, ill fuck her like an alpha should while you weep in the corner like a beta bitch. fucking worhtless bitch
>>
>>18208199
so there's no way to get myself motivated? no way to find my own career path and purpose and shit
>>
>>18208269
lol
>>
>>18208269

Why are you so angry? It's not his fault he is spoiled. If you were raised in the same environment chances are you'd be the same.
>>
>>18208271
There's always a way to get motivated. Your chances of success on your current trajectory are non existent though. Go to trade school and learn a useful trade then work.
>>
My best advice for you is to start out with volunteer/unpaid positions. It is a great way to gain experience, have something to put on the ol' resume, and to gain some references that, if you play your cards right, will gush about how great you are. Since your parents don't mind to foot your bill, clearly, you could do projects abroad, african impact or UBELONG. UBELONG is known for short term placements, like 2-3 weeks, so if you want to rack up a lot of volunteer opportunities, this might be the way to go. After putting in your time with unpaid work, you can start looking for paid work in your chosen field. Even after you get a paid job, it is best to still do volunteer work periodically when you can, it leaves a strong impression on potential employers.
>>
>>18208100
>aren't offering me any positions
Have you asked if anything is available?
Have you asked for advice from your professors? It would be more helpful to ask people in your field than online strangers who don't know you.

You may also want to talk to a school counselor/psychologist about your feelings of worthlessness. They could give you some insight as well.
>>
>>18208100
>anthropology degree
Sorry to tell you this OP, but your literally fucked when you get a degree in anthro. I know someone who has a PhD from a top 10 school, and they cannot find a job. Your best bet OP is to become an Entrepreneur. Fortunately, if you can live with your parents after you graduate, and can use some of their resources, you may be able to start a small business
>>
>>18208100
From what you said your parents really spoiled you rotten don't they? Or at least they're neglecting you badly. I don't mean neglecting on financial support, they don't prepare you for life. I have to applaud you though, coming here asking for advice mean you realize something is wrong and at least want to sort it out.

I suggest you cut yourself away from your parents "life support" then try to live your life without them helping you in any way and try your damn hard to not die/continue living. If you're really want to change any of your questions today will be answered as you goes and continue living.
>>
Why do you wanna change, you're living the dream! Milk your parents till they die, never work a day in your life. If they leave you anything in their will, all the better. Watch films, fuck girls, travel around and keep "studying". That's the life bro, nothing's wrong with you. I don't know where you live, but here in Europe this lifestyle is totally acceptable, hell even envied..:)
>>
>>18209179
i've always wanted to learn how to fix cars

maybe teach abroad and fix motorcycles and little diesel cars on the side

how long does it take to do one of those lincoln tech classes and get a job/some experience as an automechanic?
>>
>>18209382
>your parents really spoiled you rotten don't they
yeah, it's not their fault, only child, we're not rich by any means but they're boring folks and they've carved out a comfortable life

>they don't prepare you for life
pretty much, they pay for my life, i'm really well "educated" but my problem is my life doesn't look like normal 29 yr olds, working a job AND going to school, starting a career, getting fit and getting dates/relationships
i pretty much just go to school come home, play vidya and magic the gathering, eat, sleep, repeat, all the while daydreaming about what i COULD be doing/could become but never getting the motivation to strike out and do something

cutting myself of from their support seems to be everyones consensus, im worried that if i dont do it "correctly" or "softly" or whatever that ill upset my parents, and beyond affecting my inheritance i also really love them and dont want to hurt them

believe me i WANT to do this, i want to be self reliant, i've sometimes dreamed about joining the army or the navy (im 29...too late for marines) as a full time recruit/soldier so they can whoop my ass and get me some self sufficiency and a decent looking body so i don't approach life with ZERO confidence
>>
>>18209347
this is good advice, i've done a ton of volunteer work abroad already (but it's been about 3-4 years since the last time) and it makes up the bulk of my resume beyond education, my parents will be pissed tho if they find out im spending their money to go abroad without being paid for it...unless i can meld it into my doctoral studies somehow...hmmmm
>>
>>18209381
>Sorry to tell you this OP, but your literally fucked when you get a degree in anthro. I know someone who has a PhD from a top 10 school, and they cannot find a job.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, i pursued it because i liked the subject, it's fascinating to me, not because i could get a job with it
and this kind of just confirms my fears that professorships and high profile jobs after advanced degrees don't materialize except for like a tippy top of the class handful out of the thousands who graduate with humanities degrees. FUCK!

what is your friend doing now?
>>
>>18209388
This is completely wrong. Unless you want to set yourself up for failure.
>>
>>18209388
>you're living the dream
>Watch films, fuck girls, travel around and keep "studying". That's the life bro, nothing's wrong with you. I don't know where you live, but here in Europe this lifestyle is totally acceptable, hell even envied..:)

a lot of people say that, and i guess the grass is always greener on the other side, sometimes i explain my situation and people say "must be nice" in a certain tone or "you're very fortunate"
maybe i should just learn to be content with my circumstances, but i'm not fucking girls, and i haven't traveled in two/three years (last time was to amsterdam with a professor and some classmates for a seminar on ethics at AU...amsterdam is fucking awesome, but expensive)

i'm glad that my lifestyle in europe is acceptable, in the states its kinda "weird", honestly i want to enjoy it to the fullest and just chill and live, but there's this nagging sense of dissatisfaction....maybe that's what buddhists mean when they talk about Dukkha

im out of shape, i can't fuck girls cause my confidence is shit, and it's not the sexiest thing when a girl asks what you do and you respond i live at home and go to school, i think it's like they feel they're dating a highschooler

i do watch a ton of movies...
>>
File: wallhaven-334250.jpg (349KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-334250.jpg
349KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: wallhaven-501647.jpg (537KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-501647.jpg
537KB, 2048x1365px
>>
File: wallhaven-499167.jpg (4MB, 6291x4431px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-499167.jpg
4MB, 6291x4431px
>>
>>18208100
Why not try working part time at a fast food or something?
>>
>>18209827

Check out Gary Vaynerchuck on YouTube if you are ready for a wake-up call.

Good luck to you anon
>>
I'd plan a cutoff carefully. There is no point in rushing and failing. Start exercising, eating healthy. That is the absolute basis you can operate from. Gives you a lot more confidence, energy and a better mood. When you start, give it some time, results will not roll in immediately.
>>
>>18209725
You'll not hurting your parents with wanting to be independent or self-reliant, anon. They'll also inevitably grow older and deep down must know that they wouldn't be with you forever even if they wanted to be.

Sure, it might upset them at first, but if they really love you they will understand and let you be. If it's inheritance you need not to worry, looking at what your parents doing with supporting you right now it's hard to imagine they'll fuck with your share if the time's come. Maybe the worst would be they forget or too lazy to set up their will so it'll be fucked by taxes aand government when they died, nothing something intentional like cutting your share.

Before you talk to them about being self-reliant you have to prepare yourself first, I suggest you start with your own body. Go exercise be fit again, in healthy body there's a healthy mind.
Feed your mind with books like "How To Win Friends and Influence People", "Think and Grow Rich", "Principle of Social Competences", etc.

After you've gained confidence from your healthy body and mind, go talk with your parents. Of course you don't directly cut it off right there, start with something like asking them for help you set your own business or maybe introducing you to their connections to enable you to get a job to be able to fend yourselves.
>>
>>18209798
>i pursued it because i liked the subject, it's fascinating to me, not because i could get a job with it
kek

internalize the lesson you've learned from that
>>
File: wallhaven-450407.jpg (493KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-450407.jpg
493KB, 2048x1365px
>>18209939
ugh, as a last resort maybe, i was planning on getting a job locally while i do a phd and prepare for a career in public school teaching or overseas teaching or something
... can you imagine tho, phd candidate working at taco bell?
>>
File: wallhaven-20003.jpg (677KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-20003.jpg
677KB, 1920x1200px
>>18210488
yeah i get it, when you go to college you should major in something "employable", good advice to someone in highschool who's wondering whether they should make the commitment to college, but im a grad student, it's too late for me
>>
>>18210239
i'll watch that in a bit, thanks anon

>>18210263
thanks anon, i agree as well, i need to get healthy, and it's a slow process that i need to be kind to myself while doing. someone told me i need to build up "small wins" to build confidence and find a direction to be excited about pursuing
>>
File: 1474419633245.jpg (139KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1474419633245.jpg
139KB, 640x640px
>>18210501
that's the surface level lesson, what's the deeper level, op? dig.
>>
File: wallhaven-250290.jpg (225KB, 1626x1000px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-250290.jpg
225KB, 1626x1000px
>>18210517
lol i dunno dude, but based on that pic i'd say youre angling for a gay joke...

on a serious note i studied what i did because i liked the reading and the class discussion, i liked what it made me think about and how it added to how i see the world...

id LOVE to get a job in my field, anthropology, folklore studies, primitive religions, theology, but what kind of job is that? where? who? how?

>>18209368
none of my professors have even mentioned an avenue to pursue, and also i think i haven't developed those relationships adequately...and now im graduating! i transferred schools to a more prestigious university halfway through my MA, most of my profs now don't even know me, and im sure the ones i left behind have forgotten me already...
>>
File: wallhaven-16963.jpg (461KB, 1920x1079px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-16963.jpg
461KB, 1920x1079px
>>
File: wallhaven-159606.jpg (314KB, 1440x904px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-159606.jpg
314KB, 1440x904px
>>
File: wallhaven-246064.jpg (342KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-246064.jpg
342KB, 1920x1080px
just checked out that vaynerchuck guy, i love how early investment in twitter and uber makes you qualified to be a visionary public speaker...but he did have some insightful stuff, particularly about being happy with yourself because we get one life and blah blah
>>
I'm about to graduate with a degree in sociology, so i'm kinda in the same situation as you OP, not suicidal though.. might aswell ride the rollercoaster, i qued long enough.
>>
File: wallhaven-2251.jpg (216KB, 1920x1082px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-2251.jpg
216KB, 1920x1082px
>>18210646
lol, i like that attitude, life's actually pretty good, ride the rollercoaster, future will work itself out
>>
>>18208100
>Anthropology
Not a single thing listed surprises me after reading that, hell not even the pretentious picture attached to your post
>>
>>18210768
whats wrong with anthropology?
>>
Get a job with an ngo?
>>
>>18210768
Say that to Margaret Mead's face not online fucker.
>>
>>18210776
Anthropology is nobody's passion, the reason you got into anthropology is the reason you never did anything with your life
Tell me with a straight face that you had a good reason to go there or any plans at all of what to do after
>>
>>18210798
Who?
>>
>>18210802
>had a good reason to go there
yep i liked the subject, it's fascinating to me, i liked the classes, the books

>>18210802
>any plans at all of what to do after
that's what im having trouble with
>>
>>18210804
yeesh bro, pleb tier...

she's famous >https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Mead

basically she studied indigenous cultures in new guinea and found out where our western cultural norms may come from (particularly with gender), and that we aren't so different at the basic level from primitive cultures
>>
>>18210836
Sure thing, you were facinated by it and not just doing it because your parents paid for it like you said earlier
Would you have gotten into debt to study it? Would you have worked for McDonald's to afford to study it?
>That's what I'm having trouble with
You didn't have any plans getting in and still don't have any plans getting out, should have taken a three year degree like x-ray technician, plenty of work, not a whole lot to do
>>
>>18210857
Oh, a famous person, there is not a lot of that isn't it?
Oh, yeah right, right the Margaret that studies gender in new ginea tribes, how could I forget about her, everyone knows her, it's totally not pathetic that's the one example you can come up of an antropologist that's barely famous in any way and whose life work may have some kind of meaning for someone
>>
>>18210858
>Would you have gotten into debt to study it? Would you have worked for McDonald's to afford to study it?

nope, never had to, that's why i said that my studies would revolve around what i find interesting rather than what i can get a job doing, education has always been respected in my family, the pursuit of knowledge and the joy of scholarship is important...but no, i would not put myself in financial risk to study it, never had to.
>>
File: 1488771811849.jpg (37KB, 285x432px) Image search: [Google]
1488771811849.jpg
37KB, 285x432px
>>18210517
that's a man and a woman.

also, jesus dude, you're supposedly a PhD major and you can't even dig into some BASIC ASS LIFE LESSON shit? no wonder you have no academic prospects. the problem is that graduate programs accept people who aren't meant for academics because they want money, and those poor bastards with anthro PhDs have to keep tricking kids into giving them daddy's money.

Once more I ask you: what's the deeper lesson to the awful decision you made? Try to fucking think about it for two minutes you lazy fuck.
>>
File: 1466827441881.gif (168KB, 404x272px) Image search: [Google]
1466827441881.gif
168KB, 404x272px
>>18210563
>>18210927

fugg, meant that for you
>>
>>18210886
You are a walking cliche
Anthropology is for the undecided people who waste too much time Changing majors and for people who only go there to get a degree, any degree
If you actually had to work to get to college you would have either picked up something you knew you could have a future in or something you really found fascinating
Here is an idea, what does your father work as? You can start a career in the same field and when he dies you can change your name to his and eventually nobody will know the difference, that's a comfortable non compromise future, just usurp someone's place
>>
>>18210871
>the one example you can come up of an anthropologist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89mile_Durkheim

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Dunham

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._E._Evans-Pritchard

^this dude was a baller

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_George_Frazer

^ so was he, in fact Golden Bough inspired me to major in mythology and folklore anthropology and primitive ritual, great book, great thinker

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Goodall

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifford_Geertz

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Boas
^my undergrad advisors favorite

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronis%C5%82aw_Malinowski

it's a big field, and famous is a relative term, but if you graduate from a four year college, or god forbid get a masters in a humanities discipline, you should have heard of one of these guys. Mead, Boaz, or Frazer especially.
>>
>>18208100
Trade skills.

Im a former uni student, had management jobs and tried everything.

Never been happier since i took up trade skills. Great work great pay.

Also once youre a journeyman you can abandon it to follow your dreams. You can return any time and keep your wage.

Its the perfect thing to have

>but im out of shape

Guess how you get in shape? Throw yourself into heavy ass work.

Itll hurt like fuck for a week then youll start putting on muscle and pounds will melt off you like you wouldnt believe.
>>
>>18210944
Wow 10 Wikipedia links to articles about people nobody ever heard of you must be an antropologist student, really squeezing that degrees potential
>>
>>18210927
>that's a man and a woman.
look again dude, armhair, manly hips and arms....

>programs accept people who aren't meant for academics

so youre saying im not meant for academia? granted im not the best, not the top of my class, but im a pretty good writer when it's something i like, honestly a lot of it is making contacts and being "that guy", i am definitely not "that guy" when it comes to professors gushing over a student, nobodies favorite by any means, and definitely not "popular" on campus
frankly i can't wait for my schooling to be over, just because i don't think anyone has challenged me enough or seen any reason to mentor me...
>>
File: Mara_demon_and_Buddha.jpg (4MB, 3688x1695px) Image search: [Google]
Mara_demon_and_Buddha.jpg
4MB, 3688x1695px
>>18210938
>something you really found fascinating
i really find my academic discipline fascinating

>what does your father work as
retired schoolteacher and magazine editor, he retired two years after i was born so he stayed at home and took care of me while mom worked (ivy league professor)

admittedly i had way more fun skipping class with friends, smoking pot, and fucking my gorgeous college gf than actually going to class and studying hard, but i enjoyed my studies, picked them up quickly.

i know i sound entitled and spoiled, and for all intents and purposes i am, but we have existential problems too, everyone falls victim to Mara's illusion of dissatisfaction with life. (pic related)
>>
>>18210963
nigger, I asked you a question. can you really not decipher ANYTHING from your past decision? Are you so extremely short-sighted as to not learn from your past? To the degree you're frustrating me, I almost think this shit is all bait.

also, you obviously suck at whatever you're doing. getting a PhD in a non-scientific field is like participating in the special Olympics because there's no way to qualify your results. You get a participation trophy, and apparently you're even struggling at that.
>>
>>18210951
lol, dude, now you're just being sour.
all im saying is it's a fascinating field with it's own academic "rock stars"
im guessing you find humanities students "pretentious"
>>
>>18211000
so. sour.
dude, the past is the past, im trying to find a way forward, and your bullshit short "internalize the lesson" comment really doesn't mean anything to me, hate to spoil your dreams of being some /adv/ yoda, but if you have something to say, say it. im beginning to think you're baiting me
>>
>>18211000
>getting a PhD in a non-scientific field is like participating in the special Olympics because there's no way to qualify your results

this is incorrect, also sour. so sour.
>You get a participation trophy, and apparently you're even struggling at that.
not really, if i want to make the commitment i can, im having some existential trepidation but that's no reason to call me retarded or call the humanities retarded, participation trophy? really? damn dude so i guess you have at least an MS in biochem? PhD in theoretical physics?

your high horse, get off it.
>>
>>18211006
It's a joke degree with no practical use
It's one of those one size fits all degrees for humanities
Plenty of people with those working public jobs, at least you can tell an art student went down chasing his dream
>>
>>18210992
Well there is a goal for you, keep being supported by your mom like your dad was and once he is out of the picture start fucking her aswell
No wonder you are like this jesus
>I sound entitled and spoiled
You are talking with the most entitled and spoiled person in the world, you don't sound spoiled you sound like a moron, you are the type of person who will sit in the same desk the rest of his life not even knowing entirely what you do for a living telling people about what a great time you had in college
Nobody envies that
>>
File: saint-john-chrysostom.jpg (57KB, 722x273px) Image search: [Google]
saint-john-chrysostom.jpg
57KB, 722x273px
>>18211030
knowledge for it's own sake is education, everything else is training.
>>
File: sdv.gif (928KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
sdv.gif
928KB, 480x272px
>>18211041
what? dude, none of that is true, or helpful, or a good use of your or my time... none of it
>>
File: 1471823696741.jpg (2MB, 1800x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1471823696741.jpg
2MB, 1800x1013px
>>18211028
>>18211016
I have a B.S. in computer science was working towards a PhD in biology (genomic expression patterns in the anoxic zones of the ocean and looking into modulators of RuBisCO), actually, but life circumstances made it impractical (not having rich parents), so I took a job in software development instead, making six figures now. So, the idea of anthro studies being validated scientifically makes me chuckle.

Anyways, the lesson I was trying to make you find for yourself is that the most immediate solution is not always the optimal solution. You should not follow impulses in life. Following "passions" leads to unhappiness. You're too welfare-sucking nigger-tier to understand that lesson, but I'm posting it for the benefit of anyone else reading this thread. Please die of AIDs at your earliest convenience.
>>
>>18211068
You want helpful, I'm being 100% serious
Take a good look at yourself and evaluate your life, you aren't 20 years old anymore, if you don't grow a spine this is your future
>>
File: 9497583.jpg (9KB, 200x255px) Image search: [Google]
9497583.jpg
9KB, 200x255px
>>18211136
>making six figures now
>>
I'm about graduate with a degree in criminal justice. I don't have much general work experience. But i'm a odd situation where, i promised to help my mom financially and move to a better place, or move on my own. But she wants me to get a job on what i studied for. But because i have no experience i need to either get in a graduate program, or fin some local job in the meantime while i save money. I'm also going through this thing internally because i don't know if this career is the right one for me. And i'm not good at anything so i'm going a bit crazy.
>>
>>18211420
what do you want to do in criminal justice?
>>
>>18211470
I have some interest in doing counseling or working with children. Helping offenders get back into society.
>>
>>18211494
MSW program definitely, masters in social work, then let the local PD know your interest. what else are you thinking about for career/future?
>>
>>18211516
With cj? I think that's it for now. I just wanna know where i fit in best. I also want to get certifications in fitness and message therapy. I'm interested in a lot of things. photography too.
>>
>>18211372
just go google average software developer salaries.
>>
>>18211372
They dont mention that their rent is 6 figures as well :^)
>>
File: Fisto.jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Fisto.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
>>18208100
What do you want to do?

It's a very simple question.
>>
Is there a good entry-level criminal justice job for someone with no experience in that field? Or should i stick to internships?
>>
Man. Im going to be real with you. We are the same age. But, i live on my own. I dont have a degree and I work an ok job driving a forklift at warehouse. And i feel just as big of a loser you do. I dont know stability and I dont know what supportive parents are. Anyways i dont want to make you feel bad or fuel your self hatred. But words and encouragement wont do it. Advice from strangers wont accomplish change. Your actions will. You have a degree man. You have options. You live rent free. You have options. My manager has a degree in theater, my supervisor a degree in psychology. You can get a job, maybe not in the field youre interested in but you can get a job that allows you to afford supporting yourself. The change will come when you take action. Thats the key you know. Confidence and joy are all after effects when something proactive is done. Just like a workout, hate the process but....man i work out, then eat and the rest of my days is completely relaxed. You get that buzz, you make it consistent with a routine. Change will creep up on you real slow. But remember action. Nothing else matters but the actions you take. Choose to be what you know, or chose to try and change. Your call.
>>
>>18209725
Damn your parents would be upset if you left? Mine would probably think I was a loser if I still lived with them at 29. I was out of the house by 20 and even that felt too late.
>>
>>18208100
I see Star(bucks employee) in the making. If you wanted fulfillment then you should spend parent's money for setting it up, not wasting it for degree that's says you're willing to pay so you can avoid work.
>>
>>18208271
Try meth, dumb solution for dumb people.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.