[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I do if I don't feel passionate about anything useful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

What do I do if I don't feel passionate about anything useful and hate doing most things (in regards to college majors)?

My father keeps telling me to study something I enjoy but I can't seriously go back to Uni and study art history or music or war history and do something with it can I? I can imagine business management and managing subcontractors for different jobs but I'm not sure.

Fairly lost. I'm not asking someone to make the decision for me. I just need some input, I think I'm narrowing my views too much because I'm stressed as hell about getting a job to not be homeless.
>>
fuck it OP just study what you find interesting. If you are active enough while in college and search out opportunies, like research and internships, you will be able to find something.

Still, even if it takes you 10 years to apply your degree, wouldn't you want to eventually do something you like rather than forcing yourself to work to live.
>>
>>18207481
business management is not a real degree neither is business, bc its just common sense and no one in the world hires people to manage being a fresh degree earner.

go accounting, or just work part time and listen to podcasts and watch videos of professionals in a bunch of different fields until you figure out what you want to do. go volunteer if can as well so you can see if you can do that kind of work beofre you get a degree( like lets you you want medicine, but then go volunteer and you find out that you faint at the sight of blood)

dont just rush into school for shit you dont like or know about bc you will waster everyones time and money
>>
>>18207481
well OP, let me just preface my advice by saying that I am fortunate enough to love what I do, that I chose my career in 7th grade and never deviated, and that my career just so happens to be "useful" so the jobs and money are easy to come by.

With that said, I would never advise anyone to "study what you find interesting". I think Mike Rowe put it best when he said something akin to "Don't follow your passion, bring your passion with you wherever you go." No one in the history of Earth wanted to work in a sewer, but lots of people have made fantastic money doing so, and some have come to love it.

I would advise you to study something "useful" and to bring your passion to it and devote yourself to becoming the best at it, even if it seems frivolous. You can follow your passions after you've a steady and solid professional life.
>>
>>18207481

leave your home with nothing but the clothes on your back. no wallet. sleep outside for a week. no less than week, no matter how hard it gets.

after 1 week i gurantee you'll get over your 12 year old attitude.
>>
>>18207481
>>18207507
don't take this advice unless you want to muddle pennyless and depressed for the next 10+ years of your life.

Here is the deal, luxuries like art and music careers don't really exist for 99.9% of people. Sorry, but it's the truth, and I wouldn't be telling you this if I hadn't fallen for that meme. Colleges that tell you otherwise are conning you. Pick something really employable that you can STAND doing for a few years, then reevaluate your life goals again in 5-10 years. Choose something useful, not personally meaningful for a starting career. You don't have to do it forever, but you have to make a move soon.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.