[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving Forward

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

What motivates you to move forward in life? What makes you want more, what makes you want to better yourself. I am at a wall in my life and I need to move forward but I have no idea how to even start doing that.
>>
Look back through your childhood and try to remember what you wanted to do.

I was going through a book in which I wrote (as a 6 year old) what I wanted to be when I was 30. Just reading or remembering what you've always wanted as a child can change you more than any other adult could at your age or older. It's a bit childish but it's a childhood dream that burns with an even more intense light than your present dreams.
>>
>>18207376
When I was a kid I thought nothing past the current day, I never had crazy dreams and if I did I honestly have no recollection of them at all.
>>
>>18207357
Focus on the small things
Everyday just find one thing that is like "Yeah, this is good"
It can be just jacking off.
Or seeing the sun come out of the clouds
Or making dinner

Just one thing
That worked for me
>>
>>18207410
I need to be productive, so many times i've heard from people oh its fine your young you have time, and I just accepted that and just went with the flow. I'm 22 now and have nothing and no direction which is my fault for coasting in life so far. I need to kick it in high gear but idk how lol
>>
>>18207420
I know exactly how you feel
I got my degree and then was like "Now what?"
I felt useless

Last year I decided to begin joining the military.
It's not for everyone, but it's definitely given my a sense of productivity and usefulness.
>>
>>18207376
I wanted to play videogames in a room all to myself with nobody to tell me when to go to bed.

I've been a worthless piece of shit since the beginning.
>>
>>18207663
Haha god bless you anon
>>
What I did was think of my perfect life and then I broke down how to get there into smaller and smaller pieces until you actually have things that you can do right then and there (apply for colleges, get a job in retail to earn money and gain social skills, ect) and I continued to build from there. You run into brick walls occassionally, but from what I've experienced there is always a way around and an alternative path. It may take a very long time to reach your final goals, but as long as you are movign forward you can do it.
>>
>>18207450
Yo man I'm at that now what stage and have considered military as a biomedical scientist. What's it like ? Totally worth it?
>>
>>18207684
I'm glad I joined
I can't say if it's worth it for you

The bottom line is you have to be able to shrug and say "Whatever" to someone telling you do something stupid
If you can do that, you can excel.

But if you have such a specific/useful degree as something in biomedicine, then I'm sure you can get something really good.
Shit, they'll pay off your debts, I think
>>
>>18207700
Thanks for the insight I'm sick of looking for work and staying with parents again. Imma speak to a recruiter soon but i gotta hear back about my tesko interview and attend a pharmacy dispenser interview on 24th
>>
>>18207753
Totally been in your shoes

Try to avoid Army. Your recruiter will push that hard.
And always follow up on shit they tell you
Like if they say "We will contact in you in the next 5-10 days"
Fucking get on their asses about it. Show up in person to the recruiting office if you can.
>>
>>18207778
Yeah I'll be making the 2 hour journey soon when I'll walk into he office to discuss options. It's 4am here I'm going to bed peace bro.
>>
I don't want to die and be forgotten.
>>
>>18207357
Mix out of boredom, imagination and the world being fucked.

Since we're stuck in this dumb game unless we pull an hero, you might as well try making the best out of it. How do you do that? By being the best version of yourself.
>>
>>18207357
I love sharing the things I love with others and seeing them get excited over it. Sort of like how video games get me all excited when I see a new idea or game mechanic or hear a music score.

I wish I could make good money doing that.
>>
I move forward with pride
At the age of 20 i had nothing to show for my life, no achievments, so i decided once i get to the age of 30 i'll look back and be proud of what i achieved in my 20s
So far going good got a nice job and bout to move out of my parents place
>>
>>18207357
The ruined life and defeated look on the faces of people who used to bully and disrespect me motivate me to go more.

I don't plan to stop until every single one of them feel they're inferior and regret messing with me after their life got ruined by their own.

I strive to be better un every aspect so I could see them envy me and see their life crumbled in front of my eyes.

The jocks who bullied me?
Fail to reach professionals and worked in assembly line on factory until they got laid off because I sold automatic machines to those factories.

Bimbo girls who thought I'm a weirdo and talking behind me?
Lots of them recognize me as a accomplished businessman and tried to contact me now. They have no shame asking me for some money to support their degenerate life, most of them is single mothers.
I got back to one of them with agreeing to give her some money if they fuck me.
Of course when she got to the hotel room I'm not there, instead I got a convict and prostitute with strap on to fuck her silly while recording it.
Being a gentleman I am, I gave her extra buck to go to hospital of course.

Backstabbing nerds whom I thought as my only allies?
Now they're working at one of my companies and I get to yell and threatening them with layoff notices.out of blue. Also I fucked sisters if one of them.
>>
>>18207357
All the people who look down on me or affected me in a negative way, how I want to prove everyone wrong and go further than what they expected, but mostly to prove to myself that I'm not another waste of space.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.