[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hosting parties in a house

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

Can I get away with hosting parties in a suburban neighborhood immediately next to a city, as in not get shut down by police?

If I board up the windows, put towels under the doors, and have everyone come through the back, can I still have the cops called on me?

pic unrel except as mfw
>>
How close are your neighbors? If they're not chill and close then you might have some issues if there are a lot of cars and loud annoying drunk people.
>>
And you're kinda in an iffy setting. Since youre by a city I'd hope the police have better things to do than bust parties like in my town. But also if your neighbors call the cops then you might get screwed
>>
Also depends how many people you're expected to have over. The more people, especially obnoxious drunk girls, the higher chance of you getting busted.
>>
File: 215421341234.png (976KB, 1539x533px) Image search: [Google]
215421341234.png
976KB, 1539x533px
>>18207133
>>18207125
Its Richmond city in VA, its weird how the city is set up, its not a city with tall buildings except for the downtown section, the rest is buildings like 5 stories or shorter, mixed with apartments and those weird urban houses that are technically houses but are shaped like rectangles and you still hear sirens and stuff

There are a few "suburbs" surrounding the "core" city, where geographically you are like 1 or 2 miles from the center but yet it still has a slight suburban feel

Parties are hosted out in these areas but regularly get shut down by cops due to noise / light / fight complaints
So if I have a hired security team to keep the peace, and sound and light proof the building, and have everyone come in through the back to keep it discrete, what are the odds I will be shut down?

Some of my friends are urging me to get an apartment to host, others say a house

pic rel is what one of the areas looks like
>>
One thing I've thought of which used to be unthinkable to me is to go to the police in person during the middle of the day and tell them that I want to host parties and that I want to take every possible step to ensure that I'm not a disturbance to anyone, and ask them if they can not come after me if they get a complaint

Is this a retarded idea?
>>
>>18207121
You can't host parties in suburbia, people will report you out of jealousy rather than any tangible wrongs.

Anything different than the routine Work/Kids/Keeping-up-with-the-Joneses is met with intense hostility, you challenge their very way of life.
>>
File: 34563456346.png (1MB, 1545x822px) Image search: [Google]
34563456346.png
1MB, 1545x822px
>>18207192
What if I invite all the neighbors?
Also pic rel is what it looks like if you turn around
>>
It sounds like you're trying to throw ragers so my guess is cops will shut you down around 1-3 am every time. You might not get in any trouble but they'll just make everyone leave and shit. If the parties aren't going to have anyone underage then you might be able to go to the police and ask them what things you can do to make sure you're safe, etc...
>>
>>18207218
There won't be any under 18 year olds but there will be a lot of under 21 year olds, probably an even mixture of both

Would telling them in advance and being upfront about it make them more lenient and less "shut down" happy?

Also what if I give them my cell phone number and tell them that if they get complaints about X address (that I'm hosting at) to call or text me directly, and I'll word it like I'm saving them the trouble of having to come all the way out to my location
Also what if we ask for IDs for all incoming people, and if they are under 21 we mark their hand with an X but still give them alcohol, and if cops show up and ask about under age drinking we lie and say we told them not to drink and it turns out they did it anyways
>>
>>18207238
>>18207218
Also what if I promise the cops that I will shut down the party myself at X time (that I work out with them)?
>>
>Can I get away with hosting parties in a suburban neighborhood immediately next to a city, as in not get shut down by police?
nope
>If I board up the windows, put towels under the doors, and have everyone come through the back
weird as hell
>what are the odds I will be shut down?
high
>Some of my friends are urging me to get an apartment to host, others say a house
those aren't your friends.
>go to the police in person during the middle of the day and tell them that I want to break the law
uh, ok
>Is this a retarded idea?
several retarded ideas at once
>What if I invite all the neighbors?
are you like 13 years old or what
>Would telling them in advance and being upfront about it make them more lenient and less "shut down" happy?
no.
>Also what if I give them my cell phone number and tell them that if they get complaints about X address (that I'm hosting at) to call or text me directly, and I'll word it like I'm saving them the trouble of having to come all the way out to my location
the first time you said that dumb shit it made me sad, but this time it's funny
>and if cops show up and ask about under age drinking we lie and say we told them not to drink and it turns out they did it anyways
it's still exactly the same crime.
>this whole idea
listen motherfucker, bars and clubs are things. they have permits and inspections for a host of good reasons. people don't run that shit out of rented houses because the police will come arrest them.
>>
>>18207257
maybe, if the time was 10pm or earlier
>>
>>18207264
Its not actually a crime to have a party, what is a crime is disturbing the peace which is the justification cops use to shut down parties that bitchy neighbors complain about because they just have to be fucking boring and cant turn up their TV louder or something
People who live immediately next to colleges, and who call the cops on college parties are literally losers who should eat a dick

Bars and clubs are shit because you cant walk up to a girl who is shaking her ass latch on and get grinded on, and them hopefully escalate it to making out and then fucking

At parties its just a sea of what I described
>>
>>18207278
see
>if they are under 21 we mark their hand with an X but still give them alcohol
that is a crime.
>
Bars and clubs are shit because you cant walk up to a girl who is shaking her ass latch on and get grinded on, and them hopefully escalate it to making out and then fucking
>At parties its just a sea of what I described
what on earth are you talking about
>>
Keep everyone inside, at all times, in the basement, if possible. When shit hits the fan is when drunk 19 yo girls start fumbling around the front yard, or that cig break turns into 15 people out on the lawn talking(yelling) at each other. Houses are better than apartments do to the no-shared walls.

Your second best measure is to either let your neighbors know it's a birthday party ahead of time, or if they're super not cool, have your friends park a block or so over.
>>
>>18207300
I'm talking about how at college parties women twerk on everything that moves (including each other) when they get alcohol in them, combined with the lights and music
College parties have the best chance of getting someone laid out of anything on earth

Bars and clubs rely too much on social skills
At parties you just have to look good, wait for them to do a few shots, and just move in and be so sexually aggressive that anywhere else you would be charged with sexual assault
>>
>>18207313
Honestly its ok if the party gets shut down eventually, but only if its like 1 am or later
Also none of us hosting it can be arrested or receive any tickets
>>
>>18207335
And this is why I actually hate frat parties.
The sex is also trash at/after parties.
>>
>>18207338
It's risky because at a party anything can happen, rape, people getting hurt, drugs etc.. and you'll be held accountable.
>>
>>18207346
This isn't limited to frat parties, the formula is the same whether the hosts are in a frat or not;
>jungle juice, a DJ, lights, a house to host it
That's it, just bring the guys and girls in, get them semi-fucked up, play twerk/grind songs, move in

>sex is bad
You can't use those two words together like that
>>
>>18207350
That's why I want a security team so if anything happens we can remove them and not be held liable
>>
Guy who threw a shitload of successful parties back in the day in residential neighborhoods here, whether it was my place or my buddy's.

Dos:
- Keep people in your house. Don't let people go sit in the front yard and smoke and chat.
- Try to get people to park further away from your house, or consolidate cars or something, if possible. Be careful that everyone parks in a decent spot and isn't blocking any neighbor in, or keeping them from parking their car.
- Keep the music manageable. Enough for everyone to hear, don't let someone dial a subwoofer up to 11.
- Be careful about underage kids. You said they'll be at your party - make sure they don't get super fucking drunk and do something stupid, make sure that IF the cops show, they're not the ones sitting outside fucking around. You wanna maintain plausible deniability that you knew anyone was under 21.

Maybes:
- Tell your neighbors you're having some people over and to call you if it's getting out of hand. This one can be tricky. All it takes is one smug asshole to look at you and say "oh of course," and by the time you have five guests, they've called the cops on you already. But a lot of people will appreciate knowing that they can give you a ring if someone is in the wrong spot or you're being just a little too loud or one particular guest is being a problem but other people are being respectful. This depends on if you live there. If you're renting the place, absolutely do not tell anyone.

Don'ts:
- Tell the fucking cops, especially don't tell them there will be underage drinking. Party will be over immediately, you'll be immediately in actual trouble for being that fucking stupid.
- Board up your windows. Neighbors will think you're doing something a lot more clandestine than throwing a party.
- Invite the neighbors to come.
>>
>>18207367

A security team is a silly idea. Don't know what kind of rager you think you're gonna throw, but if you need paid security you need to rethink your guest list.

I had a big black dude watch my front door once but that's about it. And a paid security team is gonna do... what? Move the people fighting outside? Where they'll fight again, but now in front of your neighbors? Think it through.
>>
>>18207403
I dunno, if it gets really bad anything is better than them fighting in front of our place
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.