[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sacrifice being in a foreign place for career progress?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Hey /adv/,

Glad to be posting here.

I have voluntarily agreed to be posted in a country where majority people do not speak english. I am a programmer by profession and people in my office do speak english but not most of the time.

Having this been a voluntary decision, I am afraid of walking back on it and feel like I'll be letting down the people who trusted me and got everything done for me to be here.

But every day and mostly weekends are hard because its hard to be in an almost alien place and harder to not have people who I can speak to.

Going out to pubs and bars to meet people is hard because of language barrier. I've already tried a couple of times.

Continuing with this would definitely help my career as a programmer because I am working on tech that I haven't worked on before and its interesting enough.

At the same time, I am weighing the cost of progress of career with the daily (and mostly on weekends) loneliness that I am going through and not being able to identify myself as a part of the society or the people.

I am not sure if any of you have gone through something similar and have some words of advice.

Thank you!

PS: This is my first post on 4chan :)
>>
>>18206990
>PS: This is my first post on 4chan :)

Faggot.
>>
Now that you've been properly welcomed.

How long is it gonna be?
>>
I am going to be here for 1 year. That seems like a mountain to climb from here...
>>
And thanks for the warm welcome :)
>>
>>18207021
A year? That's not too bad, I'd tough it out, a year goes by pretty fast.
>>
Yeah, I am also hoping it goes by fast. I have also started learning the language online but still, seems too much to take. Maybe I am just complaining about putting effort to learn the language and the local culture...
>>
>>18206990
What is there to tell? You knew well what you were signing up for.

Either keep your initial attitude, stick with it, improve your skills and carreer or go back like a beaten dog. Your choice.

Also to date qties, all you need is to look exotic. Talking is for weak. Use your sexappeal!

And never say on 4chan that you are new. Hivemind here attacks anybody who shows weakness without hesitation.

Also what country?
>>
The right thing to do is to stick with it and work towards getting better. Going back would make me look weak and not up for future challenges.

Thanks for the tip.

Country - Brazil
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.