[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does weed actually do to a person? Like really.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 6f7fcbc79e9c8a65c080f7840d75510d.jpg (174KB, 502x1400px) Image search: [Google]
6f7fcbc79e9c8a65c080f7840d75510d.jpg
174KB, 502x1400px
What does weed actually do to a person?
Like really.
>>
Why are you asking? And what do you specifically want to know?
>>
>>18206360
It's a depressant, so it's likely to relax your body.
Also, amplifies your emotions.
Also also, makes everything funny funnier.

All in all, it's really not bad.
>>
Makes you drunk, basically.
No, you won't see shit that rivals LSD, but your vision will be affected. You'll see afterimages of your own movements, gravity will affect you more than ever, you will most likely fall asleep and waken 20 hours later, and any inhibitions you had from much earlier are gone.

The only differences from being truly drunk is that A. you don't puke unless you ate too much and B. the hangover that hits you is much less agonizing than a truly drunk hangover.

Well, that and it won't fuck up your liver.

t. a guy who does edibles all the time.
>>
>>18206360
A working hypothesis of mine is that one aspect of it is that it lowers the threshold for neurons to fire together - it makes making lateral connections easier whilst high, but excessive use wires too many disparate regions of the brain together - so turning your brain to mush. A generally recoverable mush but still one where you lose an ultimate level of acuity.

But, 'tis merely a working hypothesis, I've not bothered checking the literature.
>>
>>18206373
Weed is completely different from being drunk, I don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>18206366
False. Weed is neither a depressant nor a stimulant. It is a mild psychoactive drug, and can have depressant or stimulant effects depending on the species of the plant, the strain, and user's tolerance, and the amount ingested.
>>
Weed allows a person to experience things outside of their normal realm, meaning the high will alter an experience to allow for different perspectives.
>>
>>18206360
Hard to say.
Its legal status has made it very difficult to study enough to give firm answers. So far weve got:

Excellent pain reliever.
Heavy relief to symptoms of parkinsons and other motor disabilities.
Stunts brain development until 25 (just how much isnt known, much more study needed.)
Helps mood disorders like anxiety and depression.
Damages short term memory (full recovery will be made with abstinence).

Thats the list of things i happen to know about.

Inb4 cures cancer because no it doesnt

>but it kills cancer in a petri dish.

So does alcohol. And fire.
Cancer are your own cells and theyre alive outside of the fact theyve gone haywire. If it kills cancer cells, it kills healthy cells. Thats why its so hard to treat/cure, and why chemo makes you so sick, because thats the point. Maybe off topic but theres always a few cure fags in here...
>>
>>18206360

Weed doesn't do anything to a person. It just grows from the soil. What humans do to weed, now that's a different story...
>>
>>18206360
It basically just helps you relax. A lot of people thinks it makes you tired and lazy, but you can get strains that don't do that too. Asking what weed does to you is a lot like asking what booze does to you. Depends how much, depends on your tolerance, depends on how it's made.
>>
I have a friend that talked like a normal person the first time I met him and after 2 years he already talked like "hey... duuuuude... right...".
Allegedly he smoked weed often and didn't do any other kind of drug. I can't really judge if weed is what caused him to speak slow and stupid, but it made me afraid of weed.
>>
>>18206601
smoking daily for about a year and can confirm this
weed makes you stupid and satisfies you when you're doing nothing productive.
>>
File: IMG_7005.jpg (678KB, 1936x2612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7005.jpg
678KB, 1936x2612px
>>18206360
>smoke weed (sativa to be specific)
>feel light
>world becomes vibrant
>vision appears to have a "lower" "fps" (probably the equivalent of 20fps)
That's just my opinion though
>stress free
>things become more interesting
>things are funnier
>games are more fun
>comics are cooler
>oh fuck, I'll order some good chink food
>put on a movie, probably The Mummy
>Chink food's here!!
>eat my noodles
>sober up an hour and half later

There is quite literally nothing wrong with weed. It does no significant, isn't addictive, and is relatively cheap compared to other substances

If you ever find yourself in a situation where you can try it, I highly recommend it. Its an enlightening experience.

I mostly use it to relax after work. But I also use it to control my anger, to help me think about stuff my sober mind pushes away, and it helps my bad shoulder.

There are cases of "bad highs" but those are rare and dont last that long. One time I thought I had a heart attack, but then I realized I was just too focused on my heart beat. When you do it you're supposed to RELAX.
>>
>>18206360
You hear a lot of myths about how weed makes you stupid and slow, but once you live in a city where weed is legal you pretty quickly realize that's bullshit. Just DO NOT smoke it until you're in your early twenties. It fucks with the way your brain forms, and your brain isn't done forming till you're in your mid twenties.
>>
File: 1488674386359s.jpg (2KB, 55x124px) Image search: [Google]
1488674386359s.jpg
2KB, 55x124px
>>18206360
Well after smoking everyday as much as physically possible i can say this. It makes you generally feel somewhat relaxed things seem funnier and often funner. You tend to feel content with things the way they are you feel hungrier and thirstier. And as you get to the extremes (like smoking 3 buckets in a row every 30 mins) it can affect you negatively such as causing paranoia or vomiting light headedness and faint feeling. You may feel that all your close friends aren't really your friends and are all trying to kill you even though they are just worried and trying to help you possibly¿
I quit but i do often wish i could go back to the good days. Some of the best days of my life.
>>
>>18206792
Depending on what kind of pot you smoke it totally makes you stupid and slow, you nimrod. Maybe if you weren't stoned too then you would be able to realize it.
>>
>>18206373
It is nothing like being drunk.
>>
All of this "It's an experience!" "It changes your perspective of the world!" stuff is nonsense said by people who have never tried any other drug.

Weed is similar in level (but not effect) to alcohol.

>Muscle relaxant - Leaves you numb and 'floaty.'
>Slows your reaction times. Things may or may not seem normal to you, but you're probably moving and replying a solid minute later than you think you are.
>As above, it can take you a while to 'get' something, which is why things seem funnier or shocking when they hit you.
>Food tastes better. There's a chemical reason for this that I can't remember off the top of my head.
>Colours, lights are more vivid.

You're not going to see shit and it's not going to drastically lower your inhibitions unless you 'want' it to (read: use it as an excuse.)
It can cause pretty strong depersonalization/disassociation in some people for a day or two after heavy use.
>>
>>18206820
>Depending on what kind of pot you smoke...
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>18206841
Sativa and Indica?

You live where weed is legal and don't know what he means?
>>
>>18206820
Yeah, key word there being some kinds, and even then it varies from person to person. And I don't even smoke weed, I just know a load of people who do.
>>
>>18206832
>levels of drugs

lmao neurotransmitter systems aren't organized in a hierarchy you sperglord. what you are doing is playing with different parts of your brain.
>>
>>18206879
I meant on a social scale - it's a very casual, easy drug; much like alcohol or nicotine.
>>
>>18206360
Like all drugs it affects everyone differently. I smoked every day for a year when I was 18 and quit when I realized I was getting too fixated on it and was becoming the stereotypical lazy piece of shit stoner, but know people who have smoked longer and from a younger age who are way more successful than I am.
>>
>>18206373
Edibles all the time that's interesting, I've had both smoking and edible experiences that without a doubt would fit right up there with LSD, minus the hallucinations. That was back in the early days. And btw OP this goes to show that different people actually experience weed differently.
>>
Guys weed makes me bad at school and work but I don't want to stop smoking because fuck school and work.

but also I don't want a shit future but then again I don't want to live a life serving society's goals

what do?
>>
>>18207143
i tried to manage both. But then i fucked up on life at a certain point and stuck with weed at all times. then it was gello mister schizo :DDD
>>
>>18207143
Smoke once a week
>>
>>18207143
>weed makes you bad at school and work
Quit your bullshit

Tons of well-accomplished people smoke. You're just a fuck up
>>
>>18207143

Smoke once a week and only with friends. Dont spend money on it if you can, that would help you consume less.

For example i used to smoke at a friends house and instead of buying the weed myself i bought cigarrettes and or munchies. That way i could smoke all i wanted without looking like a leech but i wouldnt have weed to ruin the rest of the week.
>>
>>18207182
You take things much more seriously than necessary.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.