[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have low testosterone (~360ng/dl) at 22. I live in Canada.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: 1491615830063.png (26KB, 957x751px) Image search: [Google]
1491615830063.png
26KB, 957x751px
I have low testosterone (~360ng/dl) at 22. I live in Canada.

What the FUCK do I do? Doctors refuse to acknowledge it being a problem.
>>
>>18206246
How do you know it's low. Have you measured before and it was higher? There are many personal variations, and people can live normally with different levels of testosterone or any other hormones.
I'm saying this, because I'm pretty sure it needs to be a 150 or something to raise a flag about a disease.
>>
>>18206563
360 is nearly out of range and for men at my age group it's significantly below what it should be. I also have pretty much every low testosterone symptom.
>>
Same problem. Doctor said to work out more.
>>
>>18206671
>Doctor said to work out more.
Did you?
>>
>>18206246
>>18206671
Do you know why doctor refuses to give you additional testosterone? Because once you start giving your body more T than it wants to, it shut down its own T production (basically your balls). And if you ever stop giving yourself additional T, you will have to wait long period of time for your body to adapt again. And in the mean time you would be totaly down both with your dick and emotions and energy.

Also you can basically sterilize yourself if you keep doing T for few years nonstop.

I know this is shitty advice, but you have been given these bodies and you have to deal with it.

Also what symptoms are you fighting? Because if it is just anxiety and lack of muscles it is really no big deal. Also the more fat you are, the worse it gets. So stop bitching and try some sport.

Otherwise there is always dedicated thread on
>>>/fit/ called frauds. Try ask there where all the roiders gets the juice. Or you can try your local gym.

But really the healthy way is to learn how to live with your shit bodies. Ask your parents why have they made you so badly :-D
>>
>>18206760
I've been thinking I have low test, but don't want to depend on injections. I'll just live my life and workout. I heard upper body exercise increases test, sweets lower it... Good post, anon.
>>
>>18206760
That's fucking retarded.

>If you ever stop
Why would you ever stop?

>Learn how to live with your shit bodies
Why? That's what medicine is for.

If I had diabetes would you just say "lol just learn live with your diabetes" or "lol just live with your heart problem u don't need heart medicine". This is such an idiotic attitude...
>>
>>18206760
You're telling me that people can get their dicks chopped off and take hormones, but OP should just "accept" his body?

Really activates my almonds.
>>
>>18206781
>increase test
Fit is full of memes about what increase and decrease T.

In my very short research on the subject, the only proven fact is that there is very high correlation between higher T and the amount of muscles and sport activity.

http://www.healthline.com/health/low-testosterone/testosterone-levels-by-age?m=3#adolescence3

Also when you look at the ranges, they are HUGE:
15 old: 100~1200
22 old: 240~950
This is probably the reason some male teens are super uncontrollable rebels unable to not fap and others boys are just sitting at class, thinking about why they are such jerks.

Also these huge ranges means that some are literally born more calm and thinking and others are like pure chads unable to control themselves.

>>18206810
>Why woould you ever stop?
There was message about T shortage in Canada recently. You can get some other ilness in future and keeping taking T could be counter productive.

>diabeeetus
Well, if you got that type usa fatasses gets from constant overeating sugar + morbid obesity then maybe. But diabeetus can kill you.

Low T just means you are more calm and dont jump sexy woman on sight. Injecting T has high chance of fucking you up than helping you in the long run.

>>18206818
Trans people issues are anything but logical. If you dont like it, go into politics and change our society.

And if you really want T, there are ways how to obtain it illegaly like everything else.
>>
>>18206246
>What the FUCK do I do?
Testosterone replacement therapy. Costs a bit, bit it's worth it.
>>
>>18206836
>Low T just means you are more calm and dont jump sexy woman on sight. Injecting T has high chance of fucking you up than helping you in the long run.

No it doesn't you stupid idiot. It has countless benefits. For every risk, low testosterone is even worse for your health.
>>
>Doctors refuse to acknowledge it being a problem.
that's crazy, it's not like they went to school to know better than you and your the cum cult website you visited
>>
>>18206934
Yea, like osteroposis and having depression mood. But if your doc refuses to treat it, you are still in norm.

Have you looked at the numbers on that site? You can have 4 times less testosterone as chad and you are still in range.

OP has 360 and that is 120 more than minimum.
>>
>>18206953
>>18206958
It's almost as if doctors disagree on things sometimes ...

Besides hormones arent just suppose to be measured by a scale. How a person feels is important. If someone feels like shit all the time and he's on the lower range then maybe a doctor who isn't a retard would administer it and check how the patient responds.
>>
>>18206978
That sounds logical. Too bad people often feel like shit because their lives are shit, then they go to doc and want quick easy solution to cure their super fucked complicated problems.

And imho doctors should operate mostly on proven facts and objective measured values than on random feelings.

But you are right, medicine is still far from perfect.
>>
>>18207000
>proven facts and objective measured values
Hormones are not like this though. The top Endocrinologists acknowledge this. It IS KNOWN that low testosterone has certain effects, if a person has low test as measured by bloodwork, lives a healthy lifestyle besides that and has no adenoma, other diseases AND complains of issues associated with low testosterone then a logical doctor would administer testosterone replacement therapy and check with the patient to adjust dosage and ancillaries.

But many doctors are horribly uneducated in the area and often diagnose in a retarded way or in such a manner that is contrary to what top endos with decades of experience believe. For example prescribing one injection per two weeks of an ester with the half life of 5 days which just causes problems for the patient. or not even knowing what aromatase inhibitors or Hcg is.

Hilarious how my doctor was willing to prescribe me anti depression medicine in a heartbeat but my obvious testosterone problem gets overlooked.
>>
I got tested twice and the first time it was below the normal range, so doctor had me tested again and it was just at the edge of normal. I'm underweight so maybe that has something to do with it. I'm going to try to make gains, hope it helps.
>>
>>18206978
>If someone feels like shit all the time and he's on the lower range of the intelligence scale then maybe a doctor should do whatever random shit the idiot wants
why. why would a doctor do that
>>
>>18207037
>hilarious that my doctor would prescribe me a medicine for mental illness
yes, but not for the reason you think.
>>
there is a legitimate concern that you become sterile with t replacement therapy
>>
>>18206246

You're in the normal range.
>>
>>18207203
Ever heard of hcg you idiot?

Gee I wonder how pro bodybuilders taking insane amounts of steroids for decades manage to have kids.
>>
I replied early and I insist that, if you are OP, you should probably stay away of hormone supplementation.
This is not how things work in medicine. You make one experiment and everyone accept that as true. You have lots of validations been made till it gets on a guideline. And when it gets on a guideline doctors start working with that observation and even then they do it cautiously.
There are several studies relating low testosterone levels with mood disorders, but it does not mean it is a valid correlation. Also even if it is, there is a principle in medicine called beneficence. It means that doctor should make their patients feel better, so they have to practice good and prevent harm. But every intervention on a patient has the potential to harm. So unless there is a clear guideline, based on lots of research, saying "patients with testosterone levels beneath X will have more harm then good when diagnosed with mood disorders", chances are your doctor won't administer testosterone on you, since he can't really know what kind of good or evil it will do to you.
Of course it is a limitation to medicine, since it will always be outdated, but it also prevents harms.
Something I can add is, my testosterone is of 215 (which I was told was normal), and I'm on your side, it's pretty bad to have low mood, low libido, but you can't blame testosterone alone. Many mood disorders accompany eating disorders, you may eat more or less, but still can't ingest all nutrients you need, or get fat enough to build testosterone. Also if you are fat, fat tissue, produces female hormones that counteract male hormones. Sedentary, may pretty much induce changes on testosterone levels or even make you have low testosterone level symptoms, even though they might be normal. Alcohol, as well lower your levels. Sleeping poorly and many other things also makes you fell bad, and can make your levels lower. I'm not saying you don't have a problems, but there are many things to try before testo.
>>
>I have low testosterone
>(~360ng/dl)
pick one
>>
>>18207214
>>18207241
Are you retards fucking retarded?

360ng/dl is significantly below the median for my age group.

There's a doctor I know for a fact will prescribe me trt but he charges $900/year just for consultations so not sure if worth it. I could just buy it on the internet although being monitored by a legit doctor might be worth it
>>
>>18207222
have fun growing tits bc of aromatiztion
>>
>>18207250
Ever heard of an aromatase inhibitor?

Also it's not a concern on low doses for most people.
>>
>>18207262
>Also it's not a concern on low doses for most people.
hmmdid not think of that i guess aince op wouldnt be going super hi levels like bb's itd be different/less risk?
>>
find a fetish you REALLY like, should get you going a bit. if not? try a REALLY violent sport, like IMFC or some crazy shit like that.
>>
>>18207249
>360ng/dl is significantly below the median
it's below the median but not significantly.
>>
>>18207249
>My friend shits 2 times a day, every day. I shit once every two days. We both eat equally. Since he shits 4 times, I should probably have some laxatives, since I must have a problem.
Guess what. Anyone shitting from 3 times a day to one every 3 days are normal, unless they change their normal frequency.
There is a range to normal, to functional. You are in the range, accept it. There is something called standard deviation, which is pretty high for testosterone, so you can have a lower level for your age group and still be normal.

You want to change your levels because of one thing that feels off, but when you change it, a lot of other things will go off. Keep that in mind, that even if it makes you feel good you may have other disorders, ranging from getting more impulsive, to having cancer before the "median of your age group"
>>
>>18207298
>Comparing going to the bathroom to hormones

>to having cancer
literally no evidence of this
>>
>>18206246
Can't you just order pills for that online? also try going to the gym and lifting, running maybe you need exercise.
>>
>>18207321
>search pubmed
>testosterone prostate cancer
>Search results | Items: 1 to 20 of 5120

>literally no evidence

lol

I won't respond anymore, you just read a blog and now know more than all the scientists in the world. Get your shit together.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.