[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

unsure and confused about future with ex girlfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

i don't really know what i'm asking, i guess i just want to talk with people who have had/are in a similar situation to this

to summarise my situation:
>had a gf for over a year
>the first 12 months were complete perfection
>the last few months something happened and our relationship started to go sour (argued 100x more, didnt quite have the same chemistry as before, she seemed to have a different personality to what i knew before)
>she agrees that she has changed and she is also very unhappy with herself and it's taking it's toll on our relationship
>after a while we mutually call quits
>its a good break up, even though we still love each other the relationship wasnt working right now due to personal things getting in the way and stressing us both out (and she wants to "find herself" a bit more)

>knock on her door 2 days later with flowers, go on a walk with her, tell her that i want her back because ive never met someone i can talk to like her, how happy we used to be etc etc
>talk for hours, she really says that she doesnt want a relationship right now but hopes im in her future in some way
>then i tell her after a few hours into talking that i'll wait for her and she is really happy by this
>at the same time she doesnt want to hold me back from anything or anyone because im waiting for her
>she insists that it's not because she wants to be with someone else and that she loves me so much still but seriously cannot handle a relationship right now

i don't know how long i'll be waiting for her to be "happy" again, i don't know for sure that we will ever be back together again and i don't know if i should pursue other people because i only want her
idk if she's going to be sexually active and i don't know if she could live with me if i did anything more than kiss someone else

i believe shes my true love and we are both quite young still (18)
i've had a few girlfriends before but it's a completely different feeling for her than anyone else i've ever loved
>>
>>18206053
op here still, hit word limit lol
i know she has exams in under 2 months and she's under a lot of pressure because she is doing a lot of subjects
maybe it'll be after then?

also i should add
>she also thinks that im her true love
>the last thing she said to me in person before i left to go home after seeing her was "i love you" and the last thing i said to her was "i love you too"
>we kissed a lot the last time we saw each other and talked about our entire history together a lot, all the memories and that
>she's most beautiful girl i've ever seen and the loveliest girl i've ever met
>>
>>18206053
That was too much text for me to answer another relationshit thread. Give us the pertinent bullet points there buddy, and cut out all the superfluous storytelling.
>>
File: 1491361484051.jpg (23KB, 617x617px) Image search: [Google]
1491361484051.jpg
23KB, 617x617px
>>18206070
>ever putting yourself on standby for someone
You're so lovesick it hurts to read. You're 18. You two do not love each other. You are not in love. Deep infatuation =/= Love. If she's changing into someone you don't recognize, and she isn't even willing to keep you around to work on herself, leave. Waiting around and watching her change while simultaneously trying your hardest to be with her will only leave you a heartbroken mess. Don't wait. Move on.
>t.18 year-old that wasted ~8 months waiting on a girl he "loved"
>>
>>18206617
theres 11 arrows which arent that long and all of them mean something

>>18206630
well i do love her regardless of what internet man, she was my best friend as well as my girlfriend, she understood me in a way that none of my close friends ever have
>>
>>18206828
Then why are you here if not for advice or testimony from others in a similar situation.

She also is playing the field, seems like you are her fallback if a better opportunity doesn't come around.
>>
>>18206839
>If she's changing into someone you don't recognize, and she isn't even willing to keep you around to work on herself, leave.

whenever we hung out towards the end, we would always end up having a big argument and that would make her feel like shit for days, and it would carry over till the next time we saw each other, making there always be tension

>She also is playing the field, seems like you are her fallback if a better opportunity doesn't come around.

she said to me that she's not looking for a relationship whatsoever, but instead wants some time to fix herself
and she isn't a slut who wants to fuck more people and see some bad boys but i see how you could think that but it's not that way
>>
It's called honey moon phase. It ends after 12-18 months. That's the "love" people like to think, but in reality it's just infatuation. Once it ends, those good feelings aren't there to hide all the negatives in the other person. That's when fights can start constantly breaking out.

Real love is hard work, dedication, and nurturing a relationship until you both die. It doesn't start until the honey moon phase ends. Hers ended, yours didn't.

The key point is, she doesn't want that relationship. It might be you, it might just be she's 18, immature, and won't be ready to commit like that for awhile. But really if you're having fights already then it's probably not going to last. I know you think you won't find someone like her again but you will.
>>
>>18206857
i've been in other relationships and i have had the phase and that spark die before but it wasn't like that

>Real love is hard work, dedication, and nurturing a relationship until you both die
i agree, and it look like she needed a break between us and as much as i hate it, i knew it would be the best thing to do because if we carried our relationship on at that time we would have ruined it by us being dumb
i cant stand her not being mine but im willing to do this to make her better
it's not that she doesn't want our relationship, i don't think she can handle any more pressure than she already has right now
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.