[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conversation starters.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: enem.jpg (106KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
enem.jpg
106KB, 480x360px
What are some good conversation starters or things to talk about on social media for someone you are friendly with, but not close or anything?

I want to build our relationship but she always messages me first, and i haven't messaged her once, i think she gets the feeling that im not interested, but i am, im just to autistic to know how to start conversations on social media.

Are questions like "have you seen this show" alright ?
>>
>>18204832

Anything works, if she's interested in talking to you. Just toss a starter and see if she wants to contribute, if not, try something else the next time. However, you'll get bonus points if you can show that you also pay attention to what has been said. If she mentioned weekend plans, ask how they went after the weekend. If she mentioned a Tv-show, bring up another by saying something like "you mentioned you liked X. I'm watching this one show that's similar and figured you might like it." Etc.
>>
Start sending her funny memes. That would make me think you think of me when you laugh so.
>>
>>18204837
Id say shes interested, she messages me maybe 2-3 times a week talking about random shit, like that shes on break and they said she worked well, or that her work uniform is cold.

I respond, and normally we have a good conversation, some times i let it die but it can go on quite awhile based off nothing.

Also, is it cool to say something like "have you seen x movie, and then if she has, discuss it, if not ask her over to watch it?
>>
File: Pickup.png (116KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Pickup.png
116KB, 1024x768px
>>18204832
this is from rsd jeffy.
it shows how you can get from texting to fuckiing.
>>
>>18204849
I send her a few memes now and then, ones about shit shes talked to me about and can relate to, others just offensive memes.

But i feel like starting the conversation with a meme every single time would get kind of old ?
>>
>>18204855
meet her. you can not fuck her on facebook messenger.
>>
>>18204862
I know her, we met at a few parties. I know her interests and shit.

normally id start a conversation with something like "hey faggot, meet me here" (with close friends) but with people im not so close with, i don't really know how to start conversations on social media.
>>
>>18204856
i don't even want to fuck her, a friendship is fine.

All my life ive just made friends through school or work. So making friends with someone that im not "forced" to be around is new to me, i don't really know starters and how to get her attention without sounding like a creep, or implying that i want to date her.
>>
>>18204875
offer her value

find out what she is interested in.

Do you know what would be valuable to her?
>>
>>18204856
Wtf is a crystallization and value adding text?
>>
>>18204879
I know her intrests, animals, tattoos, movies, tv shows, anime, art, parties video games.

I share a lot the same interests, and we both despise physical activity and large crowds.

When ever we see irl, its mainly banter/teasing and some discussion about interests.

Talking to her irl is fine, and even on social media its fine. Just starting conversation online is the issue.
>>
>>18204896
>crystalizing text
like hi I am Peter from the Gym (not relevant because OP already knows her)
>value giving text
(very important)
like posts on facebook.
"i just finished all my exams and now it is party time"
"I met this singer in the subway + picture"
"I made a picutre of a beautiful flower"
"I made a movie how I jump over a chair. It looks crazy +movie"
"I was for holiday in Europe+ picture of eiffel tower"
"I made a burger without carbs, the bun is out of egg+picture"
"I grew this plant+ picture You can make tea out of it"
"this is a picture how i look in 30 years+pciture"
"this is me as a kid+pciture"
"this is me at the ... game+pciture"
"this is what I saw in the ... store+pciture"
>>
>>18204899
Why is online conversation so important to you?
Isn't it better for a friendship to meet each other?
Does she live far away from you?

>I know her intrests, animals, tattoos, movies, tv shows, anime, art, parties video games.
you could post a picture with you stroking her favorite animal or playing her favorite video game.
>I share a lot the same interests, and we both despise physical activity and large crowds.
sharing disinterest connects you with her but it doesn't help finding stuff you could do with her.

>Are questions like "have you seen this show" alright ?
No. This is taking value. Try value giving texts instead, like:
I have seen this show and I hated/loved it.
If she wants she can reply. But you are not forcing her to reply, because there is no question mark.
>>
>>18204919
Its not important, most our interests are more solo things, things you do by yourself. I meet her at parties and shit but that's about the only time we both go outside voluntarily, i think asking her to do something like meet at a mall/cinema would just be unenjoyable for both of us, and i feel like we don't know each other enough to visit each others house to watch a movies together or something.

Also post the picture, like to my wall/timeline or send it to her through messages ?

I think i get the conversation starters now, but could you list a few more examples ?
>>
>>18204954
send it only through messages.
here is a video about them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc-NN2uwR0s
they usually end without a question mark.

I was at the korean bbq, this is what the food looked.
I made a song an the guitar and recorded it
I made a picture with paint.
This is how I would look like if I were fat. (app)
This is my brother.
I cheated and was cought in school.
This are the pictures of the party.
This is an explanation video of the tv show.
>>
>>18204993
Ah i get it, now that i think about it she sent me a lot of stuff like this, shit like "My first day at work, im doing better than expected".

I don't know why i didn't understand this before but thanks anon.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.