[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friends don't like me anymore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1396966076928[1].jpg (43KB, 400x341px) Image search: [Google]
1396966076928[1].jpg
43KB, 400x341px
I'm a freshmen in college and I'm beginning to get the feeling that some of my friends don't like me anymore.

I thought we were pretty good friends but lately I feel as if they've been making a point to exclude me from things. They don't invite to do stuff anymore and if we're hanging out in the same space they never talk to me.

Also some times I catch them whispering to each other and laughing when they're around me and when I leave the room I'll hear them talking about me.

What should I do? I know that I really don't need friends like this but when they're the center of your social circle it's hard to avoid them. Especially since I'm in my first year and don't know many people yet.

I was thinking about asking one of the people I'm closer with in the group to tell me how those guys feel about me so I can know for sure. What do you guys think?

Sorry for all this text. Any help is appreciated.
>>
That's the advantage of being in your first year. You don't know many people and many people don't know you. You can take advantage of that and just meet people you've never met before because there are others in the same situation as you.

To back that up, I used to be in the same exact position as you where I had people I used to know for 4+ years suddenly just exclude me from things once we hit college and started to talk crap behind my back. I just left them and found new friends. I've met much better people since then and I could say I've even gained more confidence since I have done so (I've been able to approach people and ask them out successfully on dates).

Just leave those toxic people as soon as possible. The big wait is meeting new friends but that wait is worth it.
>>
>>18204486
Thanks for the reply anon

I have no problem leaving people that are shitty to me and I've already made an effort to reach out to more people.

It's just that it's hard when the people that don't like me hang out with people I'm cool with a lot. I don't mind not hanging out with the people who don't like me but I don't want to ditch the entire group.
>>
>>18204500
You will more than likely need to ditch the entire group, anon. When I was a freshman, I had to leave two groups total (I thought were great) before I could find my perfect one. Like I said, it's all in the wait. You won't find the right people right away and that doesn't mean you should stay around the wrong people either- leave them on good terms but you need to leave them asap (yes, all of them. The good ones leave the group as well and eventually reconnect with you.)
>>
>>18204506
You're probably right. It just sucks cause when I hang out with them, without the 3 or so people who don't like me, we have a good time. Also the thought of having to start fresh just bums me out.

What do you think about asking one the people I'm friendly with what the others think of me? I mostly trust my judgment but a part of me thinks I'm over-analyzing everything.

And again thanks a lot for replying. You've already been a big help.
>>
Final bump
>>
>>18204526
Different anon but I think if you trust this person it might be good to get some closure on this issue.
>>
>>18204669
Thanks anon I might do that. I just really want someone to give me a straight answer so I can break it off clean and move on with my life.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.