[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boyfriend's family hate me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (8KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 216x233px
I'm dating this guy, we're going along fine, in love, good sex, lots in common, same values etc. etc.

The issue is his family. They're muslim, although he's not (he left the faith at age 14, and we live in the west so it's not like he got beheaded for it). I'm not a Muslim either (I'm just a secular white girl, not even raised christian or anything) , and this is seen as a massive issue for his family. They think I'm a slut (and they actually called me one to my face) because we live together and aren't married, and I'm not a Hijabi (why would I be?). They also think I'm not feminine enough, basically because I work and have a university degree am not a housewife. The former came from his mother, and the latter from his father.

He's gotten into some really big fights with them over it, so it's not like he's leaving me to fend for myself. I just don't want to cause such a rift between him and his family. I've tried really hard to be gracious, kind and accomodating with them, dressing modestly in their presence (though obviously not wearing a hijab or anything), offering to help when I visit, creating feasts when they come to visit etc.

I just don't know what to do. Is this some kind of cultural thing I have to accept, or is there a way to get around it?
>>
I'm going to be straight with you: if he had to choose between you and them, he'd choose his parents.
>>
>>18204408
Forgot to add: you're not going to believe me, and you're going to insist that he won't. Maybe he's even said something along those lines. But the fact that he hasn't cut them off means that they'll always be #1 to him. It probably won't be easy for him if he had to choose, but he'll choose them.
>>
>>18204408
Maybe, but he really dislikes them- he actually left them at 15 and lived with his uncle and his uncle's boyfriend (hence why the uncle also left the faith) for his adolescence.

It's only semi recently (when he was about 21, and he's 25 now) that he's forgiven them enough to see them.
>>
>>18204402
>They think I'm a slut
>They also think I'm not feminine enough
Kek.

Has he tried to talk to them? Parents not liking the SO of their kid isn't even that rare and nor related to cultural factors. My friend gets hated by his girlfriends parents even though he's successful/educated guy who otherwise gets along with everybody and literally saved her life. Both sides are secular with background in education too.

There is a chance that they'll accept you later/resign to it but I wouldn't count on it. You're not doing anything wrong and there is nothing you can really change when they act like idiots.
>>
>>18204414
Depending on how old both are and how old the relationshit is cutting them out would be too extreme. Many people try to tolerate their shitty parents because of the "BUT THEY ARE YOUR PARENTS" stigma.
>>
>>18204422
He has tried to talk to them. But it's not working. I can't see any way out of this without converting and becoming a hijabi, and even then that would strain our relationship as he's just spent a decade of his life coming to terms with leaving the religion.
>>
>>18204428
He's 25 and I'm 23. Like I said, he did actually cut them off for a while, and he's only recently reconnecting. I'm worried that he will again, but blame me.
>>
>>18204432
>I can't see any way out of this without converting and becoming a hijabi
They'll find other reasons to dislike you then. Besides it's silly to accommodate to people who act like shit towards you.

Do you even have to see them that often for it to matter?

>>18204436
If it weren't you, they'd probably bitch about another girl that doesn't seem like their ideal. It's understandable why he cut them off before and it would be not too unreasonable to do it again if they are that toxic. It's not you who cause any rift here but them.
>>
>>18204441
Well, thank you. I just don't want my boyfriend to lose them after so recently connecting to them again (it was my idea, by the way).
>>
I'm honestly surprised the "REEE racemixing/mudslime/stacy/sandnigger" brigade haven't showed up. OP, you're lucky.
>>
>>18204465
Isn't it night in Murica?
>>
>>18204474
Yeah. I suppose it is. I don't know, I'm Australian.
>>
As a muslim I can only say, he has to talk to them. Make them accept that he's no muslim.

I asked my parents what'd they do if I converted to another religion and they told me that it's my decision to believe in allah or not.

Tell him to make clear that they don't believe in the same god and that he doesn't need to follow the rules.
>>
>>18204762
He has tried that. Like I said, he ran away, trying to prove that. I don't even dress or act in a way that would be considered 'whorish' by most people. I'm very modest and demure in dress.
>>
>>18204408
This isn't always the case. I know of a lot of people who can easily walk away from the families if they have a more extremist view.
>>
>>18204780
Well in their culture you dress whorish. And they still think you dress whorish even if they live in your country since 30 years.
I've heard lots of issues like yours. You could look absolutely stunning and be the most charming girl around and wouldn't be enough for his family because they'd rather marry him to some farmers girl from their country. You could do anything, for them you're just not right
>>
>>18204402
lol retard, what did you think would happen when you racemix? especially with muslims

islam means submission, until you become one of them they will never accept you

have fun being rejected by both sides
>>
>>18204830
He's NOT a muslim. He's an ex muslim.
>>
>>18204830
>muslims are a race
>>
what country is he from? what ethnicity does he have? which country do you live in?
muslim is too general of a word, islam greatly intertwines with ethnicty and culture.
in fact, them being muslims most likely has little to do with rejecting you- they might as well be hindu or some shit like that, its just that you do not belong to their ethnicity.
t. afghan muslim
>>
File: chrisHitch.jpg (341KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
chrisHitch.jpg
341KB, 1440x900px
Christopher Hitchens was right. Religion really does fucking poison everything.

As I see it, your BF needs to give his family an ultimatum. Either they accept you as you are, or he leaves them. If he can't do that then you need to leave him.
>>
>>18205034
Any kind of dogma does. There are enough religious people who wouldn't act like cunts towards her and enough atheists who would.
>>
>>18205022
His family are Iranian. They fled the revolution and war with his grandparents (paternal).
>>
>>18205034
autism
>>18205044
just the fact that they fled the iranian islamic revolution kinda supports my point. iranians are in fact known to be less religious in the west because of political reasons.
i think this is a simple case of racism. you're not brown, and in their eyes, have nothing in common with him or them and their culture, including shiite islam. are their any other reasons why your boyfriend could be fighting with his parents?
have you asked him about this whole situation yet? told him they call you a slut, not feminine, etc?
>>
Stop dating a muslim you stupid disgusting whore.

Kill yourself. Honestly fucking kill yourself.
>>
ew what the fuck why would you post that to 4CHAN. Fuck arabs
>>
>>18204447
You're doing all the right things. Don't worry.
>>
>>18205086
>Iran
>Arabs
>>
>>18205076
They fled the war more than the revolution because they didn't want their children drafted and killed, not because they disagreed.
>>
>>18205083
I'm NOT dating a muslim. I'm dating an ex muslim atheist with a muslim family who hate me.
>>
>>18205102
They will NEVER accept you, and any future boyfriends with any respect for themselves will see you as a racemixing disgrace. You lowered your value. You made a awful decision.

My previous advice still stands.
>>
>>18205099
they had almost 30 years time to return though. are they believing shiite muslims, as in actually conducting their prayers and celebrating religious events such as ramadan, ashura and so on?
on a side note, you seem to be very defensive about him being an atheist while his family is muslim. assuming he would be the very same person he is today with the only difference of him being muslim, would you still date him/continue to be his girlfriend?
>>
>>18205107
Or I won't date red pill alt right neckbeards?

The issue is not with my boyfriend. If it comes down to it, he'd probably choose me. We have a great, loving equal relationship ( you know, the kind of one a white guy with an alt right mentality would never give me in the first place). The issue is his family.
>>
>>18205117
I'm defensive because he finds it insulting to be called Muslim when he's gone through a decade of coming to terms with his lack of faith and the social repurcussions of that. It's second hand defensiveness.

> assuming he would be the very same person he is today with the only difference of him being muslim, would you still date him/continue to be his girlfriend?
No. I wouldn't date any religious people, particularly not ones from the monotheistic religions-particularly islam seems to have major issues with women.But he wouldn't be the same person if he wasn't an atheist. That journey has shaped him.
>>
>>18205118
The issue isn't just his family, or him, or you, but all of you. You are a disgusting race mixing piece of shit (most likely too ugly to get a white guy, which makes sense why you're settling with a mudskin), his family are a pack of disgusting diseased rats, and as for him, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I truly hope this ends horribly for all of you. My advice still stands.
>>
>>18205127
You're very rude, and I actually broke up with a white guy because he was an ass.

Why don't you just find yourself a nice white girl and have your own racially pure relationship, and not be such a disgusting person to other people?
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>18205127
>>18205107
>>18205083
>>
>>18205130
>>18205118
>>18205102
Girl, he is baiting you. You are doing exactly right, and his family sounds like they're taking their unresolved issues with their son out on you, as you symbolise what he's chosen. Just keep being polite, maybe they'll warm up to you.
>>
File: 307043.jpg (42KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
307043.jpg
42KB, 225x350px
>>18205122
ah, i see. you are no different from his family then, you hypocrite.
i'm out.
>>
>>18205130
He could probably sense that you have the capability of stooping so low to being a racemixer. That guy is better off now guaranteed.

It's because racemixers and people that tolerate muslims in any way, shape, or form need to be exterminated. You are supporting awful regimes indirectly, but you probably don't give a shit or are even aware of what's going on.

I know a lot of white guys who aren't racist and they see racemixers as incredibly undesirable. Not only will your relationship not work, but if they find out about your past, there's a good chance of them breaking up with you.

The whole mentality of "Just mind your own business" is bullshit. We tried that since the 60's to now and it led us to ruin. So fuck you, fuck your cancerous relationship, and my advice still stands.
>>
>>18205135
>>18205132

>I don't like it so it's bait!

It's not bait if she's being a disgusting slag. You should kill yourself too.
>>
>>18205137
How am I no different?

I said it's impossible for him to be who he is and still a Muslim.

I wouldn't be rude to a religious person, I just wouldn't date them. It goes against my personal way of being and lifestyle, as well as my own ethics.
>>
>>18205140
You are bait, aren't you?
>>18205135
is right. There's no reason to talk to people like you. You're a thoroughly unpleasant individual and you have no worth as a person because you are so rude and moronic. If you're representative of the white race, then I'm glad I'm not dating inside my race.
>>
>>18205144
If you're an atheist it's impossible to have true ethics because there's no objective good to live up to. If there's no God, all morality is subjective and has no weight so you can do whatever you want.

Now it's clear why you make such awful choices.
>>
Looks like your thread has been hijacked by a troll OP, but if you're still here, I think there's not much you can do- you're doing all you can. Just go on as you're doing, be polite and distance yourself from them.
>>
>>18205148
Lmao, go ahead and racemix. Somebody like you, so disgustingly horrid deserves the lowest of the genetic pool. I hope your boyfriend gets whipped by his parents and that your relationship fails horribly.

After this experience no white guy with any sort of worth would want to date you anyways, so there's no worries here.
>>
>>18205149
T. Baptist shill
>>
>>18205083
>>18205102
>>18205107
>>18205127
>>18205140
>>18205149
Damn, what a lowlife. I'm just coming into this thread but my god, you're a piece of work. Who puts that much effort into a troll? And if it's not a troll, you're just an asshole. Do you have a girlfriend who's white and you can pass on your uh, 'superior' genes with? If yes then you can leave the poor girl alone. If no then go sort out your own life first.
>>
>>18205152
>>18205143
>>
>>18205155
Wow, you remind me of my ex. I broke up with him for thinking just like this. Then went into a lesbian relationship with an asian woman, which led to him sending me the longest text rants I'd ever seen about me 'dating down' and 'betraying the race' etc. It was all kind of pathetic, rather like this.
>>
>>18205160
Not a troll. Just excited to see this horrid relationship crash and burn.

>>18205164
Lmao, lesbians are some of the most sorry creatures on the face of the earth. His life is going to vastly improve by getting rid of your degenerate ass.
>>
>>18205173
So you went for the second option, just being an asshole?

You didn't answer the second part of the post.
>Do you have a girlfriend who's white and you can pass on your uh, 'superior' genes with?
>>
It makes me really sad to think that people this horrible and intolerant and rude really exist and really feel the need to impose their opinions on other people. Do you heckle interracial or same sex couples in the street too?
>>
My lady, let me come to you so I can help rid your life of these natural evils. I can assure you that you'll never be happy with these heretics dictating your life. Let gods hand guide us, you will be happy for an eternity with God in your life.
>>
>>18205144
Honestly, this situation is totally fucked. I'd given up and have gone home by now (mad props for being a good SO, by the way.)

As a rule of thumb, it's a good idea to date someone with similar values and beliefs to you, for obvious reasons. It doesn't actually make you prejudice against theists.

At this point, I'd say your best bet is to stop trying to impress them. It's safe to say that they probably won't be accepting any time soon.
>>
>>18204408
>he'd choose his parents.

No, he won't. I know plenty of people who went behind or just completely cut ties with their religious parents.
>>
>>18204830
>muslim is a race

Lotta colours for one race famalam.

>islam means submission

to god.
>>
>>18205044
>They fled the revolution and war with his grandparents (paternal).

Huh? Why are they religious then?
>>
>>18205186
>As a rule of thumb, it's a good idea to date someone with similar values and beliefs to you, for obvious reasons. It doesn't actually make you prejudice against theists.

I did. He's an atheist.

Thanks though, I think I am starting to give up. Some other anon said that they may be projecting their anger at my bf onto me. This may be true, in which case it'll take a long time to be dealt with.
>>
>>18204402
fucking kill his muslim goat fucking family if they ever come visit
>>
>>18205195
They mostly fled the war with Iraq- it wasn't a disagreement with the regime so much as a desire to not be conscripted or killed in bombings.
>>
>>18205093
All y'all look alike.
>>
>>18205181
Well this is 4chan, what else did you expect.
>>
>>18205181
People that you call "horrible and intolerant and rude" in the past have been the ones that stopped awful shit from happening in their country.

If I could get away with it, I would be violent.
>>
>>18205209
Like what? What awful shit?
>>
>>18205181
I laughed
>>
>>18205216
>>18205206
I said it made me sad, not that I was surprised. I've seen these guys before, I just can't help thinking what a miserable existence it much be, hating everyone.
>>
>>18205221
>>18205214
Is it that hard for you to not feed the troll?
>>
>>18205202
>as a desire to not be conscripted or killed in bombings.

Well, they're draft dodgers then.
>>
>>18205221
It's the norm on this website. Go figure.
>>
>>18205214
Kikery. The push for a global world, for race mixing, etc. You've been tricked. Not even memeing or trolling. Not exactly your fault, but if you don't change there will be problems. We have reached a critical point in time and something must be done.

Traditional men and women (Strong, nationalistic, loyal, etc.) have been the ones that have kept nations together. Progressives have frequently destroyed nations, or at least have been the tools of more sinister powers.

Aristotle said that tolerance and apathy are the virtues of a dying society. He's right.
>>
>>18205225
I'm >>18205221
Not feeding the troll. Just commenting on how sad the life of a troll must be. It's hardly addressing his points.
>>
>>18205232
Aristotle also said things fall on the ground because they feel more comfortable there so I would take his opinion with a spoon of salt.
Plato is much better anyway, even if he's still a shill.
>>
>>18205231
I know, I just feel that there's so many sad (particularly men) out in the world. I wish they could know that life isn't actually as bad as they make out, and that a lot can be changed with a change in attitude.

Human suffering makes me feel awful. I'm like an empathy sponge, honestly.
>>
>>18205238
Didn't he say things wanted to go home, which was the centre of the world??
>>
>>18205233
Do you have the problem of continuously sticking your hand into fire despite knowing the outcome?
>>
>>18205243
No. He said down was the resting point of things based on their elements. Fire was above Air so smoke went up. Some things float on water because they're part air and water, while things mostly made of earth go down. Because they want to.
Center of the earth has really nothing to do with it.
>>
>>18205239
LMAO, you have no right to feel bad for anybody but yourself you stupid bitch. You just don't worry about life because you have nothing to worry about since desperate men will want to take care of you and you don't feel any tiny bit of responsibility for the world because you haven't thought a shred about it.

This new age overly apathetic bullshit is a cancer. A horrible blight. For someone like you to tell other to change their attitude is laughable. be sure to post an /adv/ thread when he breaks up with you and no other guy worth even a pinch of shit would want you.
>>
>>18205239
Then I suggest you take your snowflake sensibilities elsewhere, this clearly isn't the place for you.
>>
Is OP even still here?
>>
>>18205258
>>18205259

I'm not OP.
>>
>>18205258
>I'm gay
>>
>>18204402
leave him they will never accept you
>>
>>18205268
Never said or assumed you were.
>>
>>18205280
Didn't mean to click to reply to you. I meant the troll.
>>
>this one autist shitting up the thread who keeps saying no one would ever date you after this

psychology 101
projection
the things you hate about other people is the things you hate about yourself
t. schulz von thun, first book on his work on communication psychology
>>
>>18204402
Make him send this to his family:

"If you ever disrespect my girlfriend again, you will never see me, or your future grandchildren again. When you disrespect her, you disrespect me".
>>
>>18205140
>White birth rates in decline
>I K-KNOW A LOT OF W-WHITE GUYS WHO WONT DATE YOU NOW! TAKE THAT YOU WHORE

Good, further speed up the destruction of your race.

T. Mulatto
>>
>>18204402
burn the coal, pay the toll.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.