[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Prospects?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (10KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 290x174px
Hello 4chan,

Now normally I come here to bitch and moan about my relationshit but I have a new quandary that I would like help with, if you would be so kind.

Now I know many people would love to be in my situation and while I do enjoy it, it leaves me in a tough situation.

I have spent the last 8 months doing shit jobs while trying to get into my career, Bylaw Enforcement (I think it's Code Officers in the Stats) and last week I finally landed one that is close to the actual position I want while still being entry level enough so I can gain experience. Now just this week on Thursday I was contacted by 2 other organizations to come in for job interviews. One that I was completely under qualified for and the other a 4 hour move away. So I will list the pros and cons to each position. (I know I am worrying about jobs that I haven't even been offered but I analyze everything regardless) only a 4 month contract part-time.

Option 1: Park Officer- This job is a step below a Park Ranger or a Conservation officer. In theory I like the aspects of the job, enforcing laws and walking/ hiking for job. Advancement opportunities to upper positions may be available. However, the job is seasonal and only 4 days/week x 6 hours. So I would have to supplement my work week with another part time job (I am currently employed here, waiting to start next week. I also have a decent part time job that would fit these hours as well.) This would cause me to work 6 days a week just to gain 40 hours. $26 + 6.25% in lieu of benefits.

Option 2: Bylaw Officer/ Dog-Animal Control Officer- This job pays much better at 31/32- hour + $3/hr in lieu of benefits. It is a 1 year contract for maternity leave coverage. This is ideally great experience and full time but it requires me to basically uproot myself and move for one year with no guarantee of re-employment afterwards. (cont.)
>>
However the experience here would be amazing because its both dog control and bylaw which would help me receive employment. I would only be about an hour and half away (requires a ferry ride) but my family and gf would all be on the mainland which isn't ideal as my mother is off and on sick and it would be hard for me to see/help her if needed.

Option 3: This job pays the least at $23-26/ hr but I believe it is full time permanent. It would require me to move 4 hours away but I have family in that area so I wouldn't be totally isolated. Again, problem of mother / gf being in the city now. The experience would be minimal as its a jump to traffic and parking enforcement which I sort of do already, but its permanent employment with benefits in a beautiful and cheaper town. The pay and distance are only outweighed by the full time prospect.

Option 4: I also got a call for an auxiliary position for a smaller city that wants me to work Weekends + holidays that would work perfect with Option 1 as it pays great and is experience I need at $25-30/hr, and run for the same amount of the season.
>>
Now I know Option 1 is the shortest period of work, but the manager is a great guy. I've only met him twice, once for the interview and once to pick up papers. But he just gives off the vibe of a genuinely good guy who cares, the type of boss you want to work for.

option 2: is in a fun summer town, but it dies off in the fall and winter to become pretty bland and dull. which is fine for me, I don't mind but I am used to being in a city where stuff is always available all day any day. I should also mention I have the least qualifications for this one as I have no dog experience outside of personal and volunteering. I am willing to learn but I've heard some horror stories from Animal control that I've spoken with.

Option 3: would be cool because of family that lives up there but sucks cause its a pay decrease and still somewhat expensive to live in especially since i'll be on my own. awesome summer and winter area but dull in spring and fall.

option 4: would be great if i could pair it with option 1 but that if the stars align and i have some awesome luck. not to mention there are other postings coming out daily since its hiring season.

anyone with advice or that has had to face this type of dilemma please chime in. I know this is a legit 1st world problem but I never expected to be in this situation since I figured I was under qualified from day 1.
>>
First, let's hope that you actually get the job offer after the interview...

From what I can read, option 3 seems the most promising (if you were single and if your mom got better) considering that you believe it is full time permanent- and relates to the job experience you already have so that would be a bonus. My question is, does it pay better than your current job? Option 2 doesn't sound so bad either. It's guaranteed pay for an entire year and will give you time to change jobs afterwards rather than bounce between seasons (and holidays and weekends) like in option 1 and 4.

I would stay away from option 1. Working 6 days a week will take a considerable drain on you. You won't think so now but when you realize how little free-time you have you will.
>>
>>18204398
>>18204398
Holy cow OP you post a lot. Please be brief and concise.

After the third post you pushed me more towards believing in Option 2. You can broaden the skills you have. On a side note: do you have any formal education? Bachelors? etc?
>>
>>18204398
I hope I get an offer, but I go dumb and start looking into every situation as it will happen.
Option 3 is probably the best given full time employment but it pays the least starting at $23/hr. Both of the other jobs are $28 / $35. Yes I have the most related experience to it but it is boring work. Think meter maid, no one likes you lol. I am currently working Option 1, I know 6 days takes it toll but its only for 4 months so it is doable.

>>18204398
>>18204401
I agree option 2 looks the greatest but I am also the least qualified for it. I have formal education, a diploma in Social Science (LOL!) but all the courses I took relate to this work fortunately, I also have certificates that are required for this work taken at another post secondary institute, technically I am educated enough to become a manager but lack actual working experience.

Sorry for the long winded post, my brain is all over the place and I couldn't think of how to condense it.
>>
management positions pay start from 80,000+ so I just need working experience which is approx 5 years + supervisory exp as well. I am starting late so I don't think i'll make it unless I get super lucky or pursue a bachelors in criminology (which may happen, I found that I like this type of work, I had A+s in my related course, despite having never done any previous study in the field. I was a solid C/ C+ student prior lol)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.