[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I broke up with my gf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1306867702531.png (5KB, 601x695px) Image search: [Google]
1306867702531.png
5KB, 601x695px
We dated for 4 months. I'd rather not get into the details of our relationship, but I wasn't feeling it. I didn't want to drag it out and hurt her worse than I did today.

I broke her heart and I saw it in her eyes. I feel absolutely terrible but my conscience was telling me that I could not give her the relationship she wanted. Our emotional (and physical) expectations were too different.

I dunno. I just feel terrible and don't know what to do with myself for the rest of the day.
>>
Why did you break up?
>>
>>18203623

We just weren't compatible, among other things. We were two different personalities and had different expectations.
>>
>>18203615
You're withholding too much info to give advice
Next!
>>
I just went through the exact same scenario a few weeks ago, felt like shit at first and still think about her from time to time, but it was the right decision to make. I feel especially satisfied with my decision to break up after i jerk off and get that post-nut clarity.
>>
My soon-to-be ex-girlfriend and I have gone on a "break". We'd dated for 1.5 years. The first moment she mentioned taking a break I was kind of taken aback at first, but carried on normally for the rest of the day. After meeting up and discussing terms of this "break" I knew that nothing could be salvaged from pretending to separate. I immediately began to let go of her and all of the memories we've had together.

I've begun doing so without any real feeling of regret. I know that it was what I had to do. I let go of all of the "good" feelings I derived from being with her, as well as all of the "bad". I still treat her with respect, but now in my eyes she's just somebody I was involved with for a significant period of time. It's what's best for me.

So just pull up your bootstraps and let go OP. You knew why you broke up with her and you knew that it was for the better.
>>
>>18203689

>After meeting up and discussing terms of this "break" I knew that nothing could be salvaged from pretending to separate. I immediately began to let go of her and all of the memories we've had together.

This morning she actually called ME and discussed a break. Then called back later and said she wanted to still go out but by then I made up my mind, and I had lunch with her to discuss the relationship.

She really is pure of heart, and that's why I feel so terrible. She's a nice girl.
>>
Are really those expectations so much different?
>>
>>18203712

They were.
>>
>>18203704
Though you might want to remind her that her asking for a break up wasn't the cause of it. (Just guessing: You just never had the mindset to actually consider breaking up, even though the relationship was failing)
>>
>>18203704

She wanted to still communicate and remain in contact in order to still harbor a feeling of closeness sans relationship. As if. There really isn't a possibility for me to go from lovers to friends seamlessly. So I gave her my terms of this "break" and have already begun forgetting about her.

You can't help how you feel OP. I don't feel much and have begun moving on, whereas you feel remorseful. That's totally fair. Know in the end you've made the decision that's best for YOU. I too have made the mistake of being in a relationship simply for the other person's benefit and have suffered immensely for it.
>>
>>18203744

Does the feeling pass in a few days or so?
>>
>>18203872

Yes, yes it will OP. You feel guilty. I advise you take time to write down why exactly you feel guilty and attempt to justify why you should feel guilty and why you shouldn't.

I just got another girl's number today. Don't know what I'll do with it but here I am. Bottom line is, ask, and you shall receive.
>>
>>18204743
Naturally, you will come to see why you should not feel guilty as long as you think about it as rationally and thoroughly as you can.
>>
File: 1447953318083.jpg (58KB, 500x225px) Image search: [Google]
1447953318083.jpg
58KB, 500x225px
Same situation only I'm the one that got dumped, and we were dating 2 months.

You made the right choice OP. Sure I miss her but it's better to break it off early instead of letting it drag on. I feel like shit now but in a week I'll feel better and get over it, if we kept dating for a few more months I would have taken it way harder.

Just make sure you don't regret it and go through with it till the end. Don't answer her calls, don't let her meet you, cut her out of your life.
>>
>>18203615
>We dated for 4 months. I'd rather not get into the details of our relationship, but I wasn't feeling it.

This is sort of my situation.
>First date in end of November
>Saw her two more times before x-mas
>Spent New Years with her
>Basically been sleeping together 9 out of 10 nights since

She's head over heels. I'm having a good time for most part, but there's very few lovey dovey moments or intense emotions. The sex is good, and we get along really well, laugh and joke a lot - but I'm just not in love with her.

This is not the first time this has happened. In recent years I've been in a 'can take it or leace it' mindset, and get more infatuated AFTER det breakup. I might just be damaged goods, after suffering horrible, long-stretched breakups in the past. The way I see it, it'll take me a long time to fall in love with someone, so I don't intend on breaking up with her, but I can't help but worry that when push comes to shove, I might be springing her along.

So I'm doing the other thing, and continue to date her, even though I'm not feeling it ...yet. I'm old enough to understand how we're responsible for our own emotions, and I could do more to get to that place, but I'm also a lazy bastard.

Not sure if this is relevant, but thought I could share
>>
>>18203615
>>18203623
>>18203681
>>18203689
>>18205033

Then you did good. Better break now than be chained to a relationship, possibly marriage, either of you cant commit to.
>>
>>18205288
Not sure you wanted to include >>18205033

I'm the one who hasn't broken up with his girl, just because feelings aren't there
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.