[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Afraid of initiating intimacy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Former forever-alone here. I've been with a few women but one thing I've noticed is that I have a crushing fear of initiating intimacy. All the women I've been with have been the initiators and I really enjoy it once they get things started but I'm very hesitant about touching them if I'm not sure how they'll react. I don't know what's at the root of this fear.
>>
Are you scared of crossing a line?
Scared of being rejected?
>>
>>18204452
Not OP, but I have the same problem.

And yeah, mostly rejection. Also a fear of being vulnerable to others. Lots of it comes from past relationships/the relationship with my family growing up.

Been cheated on twice. Parents were never loving or caring, blackmailed me as a kid to get me to act how they wanted, etc.

Trust issues, pretty much. I'd rather be alone than have to feel like that again. But, either way, it's a crippling way of life.
>>
>>18205906
Then they reject you and then what
>>
>>18205997
Then you wait for them to be comfortable.
>>
>>18205997
>Then they reject you and then what
Give up, eventually move on. Rinse, repeat.

I don't have any trouble with the initial parts of dating, and even touchy-feely flirting. I start withdrawing once it gets to the point where I have to be "emotionally available"

I'm not seen as confident by others, but I'm apparently witty/charming/funny (i get called a womanizer by lots of people)

That is, until they see me for who I really am - a depressed sap with self esteem issues and doesn't know his own worth (the last girl I was seeing said this to me, and that she wanted to help me. I ghosted the shit out of her).

So I either fake it, never open up, and have an emotional breakdown as a result and leave the girl (or get left by her for my stubbornness). Or I open up, realize how weak of a person I am, and then leave her.

Yup. I'm fucked.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.